Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chocolate Chip Bar Cookies, better than back of bag recipe

3 posters

Go down

Chocolate Chip Bar Cookies, better than back of bag recipe Empty Chocolate Chip Bar Cookies, better than back of bag recipe

Post by mrschia Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:50 pm

Chocolate Chip Bar Cookies

2 stick butter softened
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
2 t. vanilla
2 eggs
1 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 t. baking powder
12 oz choc. chips

mix butter, sugar, vanilla. eggs together. add other ingred.

spead into 9x13 greased pan bake at 350 for 25 min.

I also made this with the andes mint chunks and that is really good. Don't use 12oz of those or it is just too minty Smile
mrschia
mrschia
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 670
Honeycomb : Level 6~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Chocolate Chip Bar Cookies, better than back of bag recipe Empty Re: Chocolate Chip Bar Cookies, better than back of bag recipe

Post by Lori Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:06 am

mrschia, I made these bar cookies on Thursday night for my husband to take with him on a golf weekend. He wanted me to make cookies, but I took the faster route and tried these instead. Apparently, they got back to the car after a round and were famished and fell upon these bar cookies like they hadn't eaten in a week. He said everyone thought they were great, and he said they were so thick any yummy. He said they were like a meal!

They were so easy, too! I did bake mine about 7-8 minutes longer. I needed to know the guys would be able to pick them up and eat them with their hands. I cut them apart but left them in the pan.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Chocolate Chip Bar Cookies, better than back of bag recipe Empty Re: Chocolate Chip Bar Cookies, better than back of bag recipe

Post by Lori Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:13 am

OK, I have made these again. However, I never printed the recipe out, I just looked at it on the computer and went off to make them. I made a mistake and put 1/2 cup too much flour in the recipe. So when I baked it, I reduced the time a little to try to compensate for what I thought would be too-dry cookies. I took some to my 93 year old grandma a couple of weeks ago, and she called and said she loved them and asked if they were filled cookies! (She has macular degeneration and is legally blind so couldn't really tell by looking at them.) Rather than admit that I underbaked them on purpose, I just told her that I put in the wrong measure of flour.

Since I have to go down again tomorrow to take her to the ophthalmologist, I'm making them again. Now I'm not sure if I should make them as the recipe states or to make my mistake again. Smile She really went on and on about them.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by mrschia Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:14 pm

LOL, so glad you are having fun with these Smile

Let me know which you like better and I will try it.
mrschia
mrschia

Number of posts : 670
Honeycomb : Level 6~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:34 pm

These sound good. I'm going to have to try them too sometime! I just never seem to get the time to bake lately.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down