Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi from Canada! lol

5 posters

Go down

Hi from Canada! lol Empty Hi from Canada! lol

Post by BeachyBum Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:44 pm

Hey all!

Made it up here yesterday afternoon. Been spending time with my honey, and eating, eating and eating (which is what I always do when I come to Toronto!) Bought some Niagara peaches today too Smile

Tonight is my rest night, so I'm in early and am gonna catch up on some sleep (I hope).

It's freezing! lol OK, not really freezing, but I definately need a jacket once the sun goes down. I only brought one pair of jeans, the rest shorts, so I'd better learn to get used to it. I needed to get all my crap into one suitcase for this trip, as I'm OK for paying $15 for one bag, but not OK to pay $25 for the second suitcase. I don't know how I'll get home anything that I buy when I'm here though. I suppose I could buy a cheap duffel, stuff my purse in it, and use it as my second carry on if I needed to.

Funny thing, the cashier at LoBlaw's today thought I was crazy for being here when I was from Florida. Seems she loves FL, and loves American shopping and food. I told her she was nuts, the best food was here in Toronto, and I loved all the small independent stores here. Maybe I can just send her home in my place;) Do you think she'd be a good mother to my son? lol scratch
BeachyBum
BeachyBum
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 791
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~ 2 Golden Keys ~ Bzzing since 2003
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Hi from Canada! lol Empty Re: Hi from Canada! lol

Post by bizzeedee Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:51 pm

Cool Beans... really, cool. I know what you mean about being north, sun goes does and boy, it can get chilly... experienced that in MI a couple of weeks ago.

Enjoy your time, eat lots of great food, snuggle with your honey as often as you can (is he taking time off work?)... and savor the memories you're making.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:51 pm

Guess it`s all in your perseption -- I`ve been thinking the temperature is just nice for sitting on my porch in the evening lately! Of course I also didn't bother to pull out my winter jacket last year either so maybe I'm not the best person to ask about the weather.,,
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BeachyBum Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:05 pm

Thanks Bizzeebeedee Smile He won't work all that much, we'll get plenty of time together Smile I'm glad this time I have this laptop though, I think it's supposed to rain this weekend ..... which will hamper some of the shopping I had planned.

Rebecca, I'm sure I have thin blood! Somehow, I do better when I visit here in the winter, I think because I expect it to be cold. Well, that and I don't feel foolish putting on the winter coat! I don't get the chance to wear it all at home.

I think the weather would be beautiful right now, if I were on a porch and had a sweatshirt on!
BeachyBum
BeachyBum

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:14 am

Hahaha!!! I was just out there in shorts and a t-shirt! LOL!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggins Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:20 pm

Welcome to my town BB!

I've been loving this weather too ........ great for sleeping, no need for A/C! It is a bit on the coolish side though for this time of year and I hope it continues into next week as I'm on vacation.

You should check out the Taste of The Danforth ......... Greek area Pape, to Broadview (on the Bloor/Danforth subway line). Street is closed for the entire weekend ...... lots and lots of yummy, great, Greek food & entertainment! It is, I believe, North America's largest Greek festival. Actually, I can see it out my west facing windows here as I'm just a few subway stops to the east and I'm on the 23rd floor. We'll be heading to it tomorrow sometime.

http://www.toronto.com/tasteofthedanforth/about

Not sure how long you are in town or if you are into baseall, but the Jays are in town today and tomorrow (Cleveland Indians are here) and you can go for dinner/lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe at the SkyDome (now called Rogers Centre) and watch the game while you eat/drink. You need to call to make a reservation for a window table (think it is a $5 per person charge for that). Food is not that great but I have to say it is a rather novel way to watch a ballgame - had friends here from Scotland in July and we did this one night.

http://www.hardrock.com/locations/Cafes3/cafe.aspx?LocationID=64&MIBenumID=3

And, if you've never been to the Niagara region it is well worth a trip ...... Niagara-on-the-Lake is one of my favourite places to visit - great little theatre town! http://www.shawfest.com/web/content.asp?docid=1_3_0
Muggins
Muggins
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 249
Honeycomb : Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by BeachyBum Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:21 pm

Thanks Muggins Smile

I thought about the Danforth ..... then the rain came Sad Instead it was overwhelming shopping day where I went to the Eaton Centre and spent too much money at Roots. I had looked at these sweats 3 times, couldn't bear to spend the money ...... then my Florida flip flop slipped in some water, and I fell down in the midst of all those people and busted my knee. lol

I went to Shoppers and bought a thrmacare wrap, and in my embarassment/pissed off-id-nish (that's my made up word) .... I went and blew $180 at Roots afterall. lol

We went to Niagara last summer, the pic that I posted of me in that thread a while back was actually at a winery we stopped at along the way .... some fancy place .... my chicken breast for lunch was $30 (wine not included;))
BeachyBum
BeachyBum

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:43 pm

Niagara is a nice area. I'm actually going to be in Waterloo either Monday or Tuesday and then again in a couple of weeks which is also a nice little get away. My favourite destinations inside Toronto are the Royal Ontario Museum (great way to spend a rainy day) and China Town (it's like you crossed the street and found yourself in Hong Kong).
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggins Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:45 pm

BeachyBum wrote:Thanks Muggins Smile

I thought about the Danforth ..... then the rain came Sad Instead it was overwhelming shopping day where I went to the Eaton Centre and spent too much money at Roots. I had looked at these sweats 3 times, couldn't bear to spend the money ...... then my Florida flip flop slipped in some water, and I fell down in the midst of all those people and busted my knee. lol

I went to Shoppers and bought a thrmacare wrap, and in my embarassment/pissed off-id-nish (that's my made up word) .... I went and blew $180 at Roots afterall. lol

We went to Niagara last summer, the pic that I posted of me in that thread a while back was actually at a winery we stopped at along the way .... some fancy place .... my chicken breast for lunch was $30 (wine not included;))

Good heavens, you didn't really break your knee did you????????? Did you go to the hospital? If so, I wonder if you went to the one I work at?

Where are you staying?

And, it's way, way, way too easy to drop $180 at Roots! Laughing Laughing Laughing And your $ is worth a wee bit more than our $ again so tell yourself that you got a deal!
Muggins
Muggins
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggins Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:49 pm

Rebecca1340 wrote:My favourite destinations inside Toronto are the Royal Ontario Museum (great way to spend a rainy day) and China Town (it's like you crossed the street and found yourself in Hong Kong).

I work just a few blocks from China Town Rebecca .......... can't say that I feel quite the same way about it as you do, but then I get to "experience" it 4 days of each week! LOL

The Chinese Lantern Festival is on again now untl mid-October .......... at Ontario Place it is. Now that is quite a spectacular sight at night! http://gocanada.about.com/b/2008/07/02/torontos-chinese-lantern-festival.htm
Muggins
Muggins
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by BeachyBum Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:17 pm

I LOVE China Town!

It was on my list today, but again, the rain ..... there's a lil anime shop there that sells all this obscure crap that my son loves, can't seem to find it anywhere but there and on Ebay.

Oh, and don't get me started on the Chinese Bakeries and Pork Buns .... YUM! One of the best things about this town is the ethnicity of the food for sure!

This is trip #6 and I still love every moment I spend here

Oh and my knee ? It's not broken, just swollen and stiff. My other career is an orthopedic nurse, I'm sure it's just more annoying than anything. A few Advil, and some ice, although it's too cold for ice. lol

cheers
BeachyBum
BeachyBum

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:22 pm

Beachy, don't forget to elevate it at night. And consider making a make-shift splint by wrapping it with an ACE bandage, just in case. I don't know how many people I know who've said that a bone wasn't broken only to find out later it was. You don't want to accidentally do some damage just in case it's more serious than you thought.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BeachyBum Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:01 pm

Thanks Karen Smile

I'll put it up while I'm in bed, and I have a thrmacare heat wrap for it, although I should use ice for now ...... thermacare for tomorrow perhaps.

The Advil has brought the internal swelling down some, it doesn't feel as stiff Smile
BeachyBum
BeachyBum

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggins Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:21 pm

There are some things you don't ming being stiff when you are on your hols but a knee isn't one of them! Very Happy Laughing Hi from Canada! lol 765670 Wink
Muggins
Muggins
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by BeachyBum Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:28 pm

What a Face lmao
BeachyBum
BeachyBum

Back to top Go down

Post by BeachyBum Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:06 pm

OK Rebecca and Muggins ..... isn't August summer ? lol

My goodness it's butt ^% cold out!
BeachyBum
BeachyBum

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:25 am

Yeah, this is weird weather. It's usually hot and humid around here this time of year. I'm not complaining though!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggins Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:24 pm

The Weather Network icon on my computer says it is 16C here now and I have to say I'm not complaining either! Much prefer this to the 30/31C with high humidity that we can have at this time of year. Looks like it is going to be low to mid 20's to start the week and then the humidity will be back for Wednesday. Not looking too bad to me ...... I'll be taking some vacation time as of Tuesday afternoon!
Muggins
Muggins
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down