Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mypoints question

+8
kath
chiquita55
Muggins
eat_a_cookies
arny
59pearly
Scar
sati769leigh
12 posters

Go down

Mypoints question Empty Mypoints question

Post by sati769leigh Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:04 pm

i asked this in the log and i thought i would ask here as well.

Just a general question. WHY are there so many DIFFERING opinions on Mypoints? some people have said they have had a long term excellent relationship with mypoints while others say there are a million and one problems. it does concern me that the opinions are so different and so many for each side. anyone had any idea why there seems to be such major issues for some people with mypoints and yet others have done well?

seems like people either HATE mypoints and have had bad experiences with them or LOVE them and had all good. no real middle ground that i can tell.
sati769leigh
sati769leigh
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 293
Honeycomb : sati769leigh@hotmail.com
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Back to top Go down

Mypoints question Empty Re: Mypoints question

Post by Scar Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:27 pm

middle ground -- that's me! LOL
Scar
Scar
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1135
Honeycomb : Honey-Freaking-Bee-Finally!
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by 59pearly Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:33 pm

Some people do not mind taking the time to earn the points at MP. They do not mind the extra emails that are connected with the site. Just as some Net users are members of several forums and some do not like the doing that particular thing.

Personally, I have a ton of things to do on the Internet each day and my preferences do not include clicking on sites I have no use for to get an extra five points or so. I had MP at my yahoo address and found it annoying because there were very few things they sent me that I was interested in doing. I think after a year, I had only about 100 points total.

Just as there are some who like to make a little extra with paid to click emails or sites, I would rather do surveys and participate in forums like this one. I think I am a member of at least 10 career-based forums that I am active in. Sites like this one are enjoyable time-outs for me just like playing solitaire and other games.

But I do sites like rewardtv.com because the points add up quickly, there are no extra emails and it is directly related to something I do daily. After I cash in my Bzz points, I doubt that the amount of points I get at MP will amount to anything significant.

But, basically, MP is not my style. Bzzagent is and I will continue to be an agent regardless of who issues my points.
59pearly
59pearly
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 848
Honeycomb : Level 6 Sweet Bee - Need 13 honeycombs for next key. Sigh.
Registration date : 2008-05-05

http://acommonstreetpeddler.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sati769leigh Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:40 pm

Scar wrote:middle ground -- that's me! LOL

shush you!! LOL
sati769leigh
sati769leigh
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by arny Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:11 pm

Basically I stopped with Mypoints 2 years ago because of the constant emails..Personally I doubt I will purchase anything thru their site because I am getting a better exchange on most items thru Ebates..
So I am going to make the best of it..do the 5 points surveys and reports and wait 2 years to cash out..
Which is slightly worse than waiting to cash in bzz points thru Bzz..

No win situation..lol
arny
arny

Number of posts : 951
Honeycomb : Level 6 and 33 honeycombs and 0 keys
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by eat_a_cookies Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:14 pm

I am one of the people with no MyPoints problems. I have always gotten my points credited, and on the rare occasions when they didn't show up, the situation was handled quickly.

I also don't mind the emails and the clicking. It's a small price to pay for me. Also, I'd never ever use my personal email account for MyPoints. I made that mistake early on!
eat_a_cookies
eat_a_cookies
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggins Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:29 pm

For me, it is largely because there is next to nothing there that I can actually earn points doing! All but one of the offers I've seen that I've been interested in have not been available to me as a Canadian. You Yanks are obviously able to get so much more "value" from it than we are. From May 22nd to now I've managed to acquire 185 points, big deal! This of course doesn't count my Bzz conversion points.

There also seems to be a lot of "crap" to wade through, most often to find out that I can't benefit from the points anyway. Quite honestly I've got better things to do with my down time.

There hasn't even been an Easy Point survey for me to do this last 2 or 3 days that I can earn even a measly 5 points on!

So, unless BzzAgent suddenly decides to really open up to us up north here and hugely expand on how many campaigns we actually get offered it is going to take me several months of Sundays to have enough points to be able to redeem for anything even remotely worth redeeming for (from the limited offerings for us up here). I'd like to be able to redeem for 2 of the $25 giftcerticate.ca giftpass thingies but I'm short on points to be able to do that - and who knows when I'll have enough and if I'll even have the patience to even bother when my thoughts now are just to cut my losses and run (far, far away from it)!

Then of course there is the fact that I haven't been offered a new campaign from Bzz in at least 2 months (and the last Bzz kit never did arrive and I got no help from the Hive with that issue) ........ so how the hell am I supposed to get more points?
Muggins
Muggins
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Honeycomb : Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by chiquita55 Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:45 pm

My biggest gripe with MPs, besides the fact that half the time they don't credit you with points, is that many of the surveys they send you to go on and on and on trying to sell you some other service. And they go on for a 100 pages. I did one the other day I thought would never end and when it finally got to the last question (I assume the last question) it wanted to to sign up for something you had to pay for that you weren't interested in. At least I wasn't. So at the end, I never got any points for it because its like the survey never really ends. I have done 2 of those and will never fill out any of those long surverys again that you get a whopping 50 points for supposedly. They never even showed as a click thru. Most of the stuff is like those offers you get in your yahoo mail saying you get a free lip gloss or something if you fullfill 3 or 4 of their gold or platinum offers and you have to sign up and pay for some service you don't want. The surveys also go on and on wanting you to sign up for something. I HATE those things!
chiquita55
chiquita55

Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:08 pm

I receive zero emails from them.
I click now and then on fast clicks or easy ways to earn points on the MyPoints site.

I shop through them When I remember.
Now we earn points for frogs and reports...
points take a while to show up, but I have not ever had points not show up.

I prefer to spend my time on book sites and blogs.
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsCuffs Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:09 pm

I would say that people that do a lot of online shopping (like me) are more likely to benefit from and enjoy mypoints. After a couple of online purchases through their links that were planned anyways, and some bonus email clicks I had enough points for 50.00 amazon e-code. The emails they send don't really bother me bc the most I ever get is 5 or 6 a day, some days none.
MrsCuffs
MrsCuffs
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:58 pm

I dont like it cause for one, its VERY hard to do on dial up.

2. I dont have money to gleefully spend ANYWHERE. I am not saying I can only spend 50.00 a month to get new makeup. I am saying that I am wearing covergirl that I bought a year ago and praying I dont run out before I will the lottery.
My points is for those that WANT to shop and benifit from it. I go to walmart and buy groceries. and pray I have the money to do it.

3. I no longer feel the 'thrill' of getting a frivilous item for me. for the time I spend here. Now anything I CAN redeem for will go into the pot for presents for my kids at christmas, OR groceries for my house. When I dont have that option I get a digital picture frame that I have no need for but LOVE.

4. I already do surveys on the net, that I get paid for.

5. My points SUCKS. its hard on dial up.

6. My points were SO devalued that I feel I am being cheated.

7. There are 3 cards I can use. walmart, lowes, and ..... wait, maybe 2.

8. Those cards wont go to get me a digital picture frame, they will buy groceries, I supliment my income with the money off surveys, that goes in the 'collective pot' any bzzrewards I could get I got for ME. It was my reward, I concidered it my birthday present, my christmas present, anniversary present etc.

9. I just plain DONT like mypoints.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:02 pm

I am in the middle with it.

I have no problem clicking on the e-mails to get it. I use my secondary e-mail for it. Plus, I only get about 5 e-mails a day with them, if even that. I have no problem clicking and getting the 5 points. They have added up for me pretty quick.

I sadly do not purchase things online, so I am not able to get the points racked up even more just to get the gift cards and other "prizes". I would love to be able to, but I do not have the opportunity.

I do not mind signing up for stuff for the extra points, as long as it is free (or a bill me, cause a MO is easy to send) and something I am interested in.

But I have noticied that mypoints along with another site that I am signed up with to make some extra cash use the same companies, so if I signed up with company A, I can not do so with B and so I miss out somewhere, either extra cash, or extra points. It's a Catch-22 for me.

I have not noticied any spyware, but I run my cleaner so much. I may not even realize it's there.

I am still in the wait and see mode. Basically i am waiting until I redeem my points and then will see what happens from there.
Missy
Missy

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by honcho Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:00 am

I have been with mypoints for 10 years now Smile Just got my "anniversary" message. Here are answers to many of the common complaints.

Issue: too many e-mails.
Fix: You can turn these off, or limit them in your mypoints preferences.

Issue: Spyware.
Fix: In my ten years I have only ever seen cookies come from this site. I myself dont consider this spyware and just set up my anti-virus to delete them daily.

Issue: Not getting points credited.
Fix: you do have to allow some cookies (they give you a list on mypoints) so they know who you are to credit the points.

Issue: Customer service.
Fix: None needed I have always had great service. They respond to e-mail questions in a day or two and the only time I didnt get a credit for a purchase they asked me to e-mail them the receipt and credited me the same day.

Issue: Not getting rewards.
Fix: I have never had this be an issue and have always received them earlier than the 6-8 weeks it says to allow (usually 1-2 weeks). But if really concerned you can limit your orders to online GC that they e-mail you. That way if you dont have it within a day you can ask it be re-emailed (I have never had to do this either).

Issue: Not worth it.
Fix: This is a personal choice. I find it very easy and very little work. I usually have a e-mail folder set up and move all the bonus mail I get into that folder. Then if I have a few minutes I start going through them. I usually open 3 at a time so i can be reading/clicking on one while the others are opening. I can go through 25+ e-mails in less than 10 minutes.

Hope this helps clear things up.
honcho
honcho
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 461
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by sati769leigh Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:13 am

thanks for all who shared on here! good input and lots to chew on mentally! thanks again!
sati769leigh
sati769leigh
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by eat_a_cookies Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:14 am

Also, when you are doing the emails, you don't even have to wait for the page to fully load once you click the "Get Points" button. I open up the page, and then close it once the information starts showing up in the status bar.
eat_a_cookies
eat_a_cookies
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down