Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joe.....please read.....our thoughts once June 9th hit

+26
Missy
JeepMom
Rebecca1340
tara
kashicaat
BeachyBum
chiquita55
idatater46
Connie
cheyandwysmom
trax
Muggins
bzzinalong
dms07
emach12
kath
Honey
Scar
BzzAgentJoeC
KellyM
Lori
arny
sati769leigh
Scarlett
eat_a_cookies
mrschia
30 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Joe.....please read.....our thoughts once June 9th hit - Page 3 Empty Re: Joe.....please read.....our thoughts once June 9th hit

Post by Scar Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:58 pm

Yep..he did.

JOE,

You said there is not a one-honeycomb-per-mounth cap?
If not - how can we fill more after we’ve done the 3 frog & 2 report thing?

(I'm only concerned by status because I want early invites)

When we submit a report do we get EITHER a WOMlet or Points?
Both?
Scar
Scar
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1135
Honeycomb : Honey-Freaking-Bee-Finally!
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Joe.....please read.....our thoughts once June 9th hit - Page 3 Empty Re: Joe.....please read.....our thoughts once June 9th hit

Post by Lori Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:15 pm

The only thing I am really disappointed in is that all of my work in the Frogpond netted me nothing but 2 filled honeycombs. I would have liked to see some sort of credit given for the over 200 participation points I had accumulated.

Does the hive realize how many hours it took to accumulate that many points? I am so sorry I wasted that time in the Frogpond, and I want that part of my life back, please.

Sad

About the cap on filling honeycombs per month...I don't see that as a bad thing. It's not right that new agents could get past agents that had been around forever just because they were lucky enough to get into a few campaigns right away. There was a lot of frustration on the BeeLog from agents who were just stagnant and saw all these new agents just flying past them. It's an awful predicament to be in and I did feel really bad for them. Newer agents will be held in check a little better this way. It's a killer for the super-competitive, but maybe that's why the Top 100 is gone.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:15 pm

Well Scarlett figure it out for yourself. they may clarify in a few days,or not Joe.....please read.....our thoughts once June 9th hit - Page 3 88315

Rebecca, forgive me I'm confused. what are you disagreeing with? lol
I see the warning, although I have no doubt they were all over watching then too, I'm just wondering out loud on the message itself, ignore me. Just kinda seems like a joke, we know you have questions- get your answers from the others who obviously don't know the answers either.

I have come to the conclusion of why they didn't want us to have a message board on bzzagent. They didn't want us talking to one another. Imagine how nice it was for them (and us in all our ignorance) before this board and the others out there. Before agents started comparing notes, lol.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:26 pm

Yes, a little communication can be a dangerous thing when you don't want too much transparancy! LOL!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JeepMom Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:30 pm

arny wrote:I guess my only question at this time is how does a tier 1 who has been with Bzz for 4 years putting forth minimal effort become now a Sweet 6...where tier 4's who have put much effort into bzzing only be a 5 (social)? With less than 2 years...was it based on how long you were a member?? Amount of campaigns?? Reports??

This isn't my personal issue (its similar but not mine) but valid points made by others that I have read on other boards..

Because I put in a lot of hard work in the past. Don't ASSume that I'm not putting forth a ton of effort now again. Taking a 5 month break killed me. At least now I feel like my whole history is counted for.

The "new/old" system only counted the last year. Didn't matter that I had campaigns with 25-30 reports, now that past counts.
JeepMom
JeepMom
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 267
Honeycomb : Level 6 SweetBee
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by arny Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:46 pm

JeepMom wrote:
arny wrote:I guess my only question at this time is how does a tier 1 who has been with Bzz for 4 years putting forth minimal effort become now a Sweet 6...where tier 4's who have put much effort into bzzing only be a 5 (social)? With less than 2 years...was it based on how long you were a member?? Amount of campaigns?? Reports??

This isn't my personal issue (its similar but not mine) but valid points made by others that I have read on other boards..

Because I put in a lot of hard work in the past. Don't ASSume that I'm not putting forth a ton of effort now again. Taking a 5 month break killed me. At least now I feel like my whole history is counted for.

The "new/old" system only counted the last year. Didn't matter that I had campaigns with 25-30 reports, now that past counts.
I am ASSuming you are "Rearferring" to me on this..I didn't ASSume anything but saw this question posed...a few times...Butt if I offended you in some way..I ASSure you its not intentional.
And yes I work hard at be ASSured that I am an Ass...pardon my french. And if the remark wasn't mean't the way I saw it oops...Sorry I am embarrASSed:D
arny
arny
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 951
Honeycomb : Level 6 and 33 honeycombs and 0 keys
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:55 pm

Okay, from what I read...

Some people want to know why there are some that treaded on ice and skid past those that actually worked thier butts off.

I see some posts here getting a little heated and from a neutral source, this is what I think arny is asking:::

"Why is it that "Sue" who just joined last summer, had about 15 campaigns and only submitted 2 reports per campaign got a higher level than "Matt" who joined in 2004, has only had 15 campaigns in that span time, but put in maybe 5 reports per campaign?"

If that is wrong, I am sorry. But I really think that is all arny is asking. i don't think arny is acussing anyone here of being like "Sue" but other people somewhere else, maybe on another board where there are other agents posting.

I get the feeling that most of the people who are here are more like "Matt" in that they take being a bzzagent more seriously and do not try and "f" the system.

**NOTE:: Names just came to me to use as examples. I am not saying anyone named Sue or Matt are involved in this story, and if so, purely coincidental.**

------------------------

My question though, is::

Is it 2 reports, equals one honeycomb? That would work better than I can only do 2 reports a month and be able to move up.

And 3 frog ponds in one month? I have noticied some of them have expiration dates. Will they be kept up long enough for people to do at least the requested 3 per month?

Womlets... please explain them a little more. I saw the brand True jeans on the latest bee log post. Is that a hint that bzzagent has teamed up with more than just Mypoints to give us rewards??

That is all for now.
Missy
Missy

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:11 pm

Coincidence my butt
Who told you my name was Matt and how dare you call me out like that!
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:16 pm

tara wrote:Coincidence my butt
Who told you my name was Matt and how dare you call me out like that!

ha ha ha

I work for "the man"

Razz
Missy
Missy

Back to top Go down

Post by arny Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:16 pm

missmissylette wrote:Okay, from what I read...

Some people want to know why there are some that treaded on ice and skid past those that actually worked thier butts off.

I see some posts here getting a little heated and from a neutral source, this is what I think arny is asking:::

"Why is it that "Sue" who just joined last summer, had about 15 campaigns and only submitted 2 reports per campaign got a higher level than "Matt" who joined in 2004, has only had 15 campaigns in that span time, but put in maybe 5 reports per campaign?"

If that is wrong, I am sorry. But I really think that is all arny is asking. i don't think arny is acussing anyone here of being like "Sue" but other people somewhere else, maybe on another board where there are other agents posting.

I get the feeling that most of the people who are here are more like "Matt" in that they take being a bzzagent more seriously and do not try and "f" the system.

**NOTE:: Names just came to me to use as examples. I am not saying anyone named Sue or Matt are involved in this story, and if so, purely coincidental.**

------------------------

My question though, is::

Is it 2 reports, equals one honeycomb? That would work better than I can only do 2 reports a month and be able to move up.

And 3 frog ponds in one month? I have noticied some of them have expiration dates. Will they be kept up long enough for people to do at least the requested 3 per month?

Womlets... please explain them a little more. I saw the brand True jeans on the latest bee log post. Is that a hint that bzzagent has teamed up with more than just Mypoints to give us rewards??

That is all for now.
Man had I know what I wrote would have caused everyone to be upset I would have kept quiet..but this is exactly what I meant..I repeat I was not referring to anyone here..I do however feel this is a valid question as a lot of questions remain on that issue.
And as I stated prior this question came about while I was reading a few other mb's (yes there are more than a few) and I was curious about it..because the stories and circumstances are different for everyone..but those who I questioned actually came out and said.."I don't submit reports anymore"... " I did 1 and 2 liners...etc.
So did Bzz look at the history of those agents before jolting them up to level 6?

missmissylette thanks for clearly stating my feelings better than I could..much appreciated and at this point Joe who cares about my question...I completely lost all interest in it..not worth my time.
arny
arny

Back to top Go down

Post by DisneyKrayzie Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:23 pm

thebutlerdidit wrote:The only thing I am really disappointed in is that all of my work in the Frogpond netted me nothing but 2 filled honeycombs. I would have liked to see some sort of credit given for the over 200 participation points I had accumulated.

Does the hive realize how many hours it took to accumulate that many points? I am so sorry I wasted that time in the Frogpond, and I want that part of my life back, please.

Sad

About the cap on filling honeycombs per month...I don't see that as a bad thing. It's not right that new agents could get past agents that had been around forever just because they were lucky enough to get into a few campaigns right away. There was a lot of frustration on the BeeLog from agents who were just stagnant and saw all these new agents just flying past them. It's an awful predicament to be in and I did feel really bad for them. Newer agents will be held in check a little better this way. It's a killer for the super-competitive, but maybe that's why the Top 100 is gone.

I hear you! I have only been a memeber since Februaury, but I have visited and posted my opinion and did the survey for every single Frogpond site since then, according to my history for getting honeycombs I did 10-15 frogs a month and still only got 1 point each month!!!!
DisneyKrayzie
DisneyKrayzie
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 116
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:45 pm

I just saw that some people maybe misinterpreted it, or something. i read all the posts before I post (if possible) and I do not want to see any "drama" or anything break out over a misunderstanding. Also, to clarify to everyone what my thought process was with all the posts.

I had to difuse what seemed to be a bomb that should never have been lit.

Please do not feel discouraged though. You have just as much right to have questions as everyone else.

I am hoping it is all cleared up and we can all move on and get our questions out there and answered.

Joe said that he/people from the hive will answer us in a few days... Keep asking, and if it doesn't get answered, I say then we email the hive at that point. Unless Joe is kind enough to come back and help out.
Missy
Missy

Back to top Go down

Post by eat_a_cookies Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:50 pm

Arny, I wasn't offended by what you posted. I just wanted to clarify why I personally was happy about the change in my situation, and to give some background on how I was stuck forever in a lower Tier.
eat_a_cookies
eat_a_cookies
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by arny Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:51 pm

missmissylette wrote:I just saw that some people maybe misinterpreted it, or something. i read all the posts before I post (if possible) and I do not want to see any "drama" or anything break out over a misunderstanding. Also, to clarify to everyone what my thought process was with all the posts.

I had to difuse what seemed to be a bomb that should never have been lit.

Please do not feel discouraged though. You have just as much right to have questions as everyone else.

I am hoping it is all cleared up and we can all move on and get our questions out there and answered.

Joe said that he/people from the hive will answer us in a few days... Keep asking, and if it doesn't get answered, I say then we email the hive at that point. Unless Joe is kind enough to come back and help out.
Its not important to me..heck it didn't really effect me only more out of curiosity than anything....and a sense of feeling bad for those who it did effect...thanks again!!
arny
arny

Back to top Go down

Post by arny Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:54 pm

eat_a_cookies wrote:Arny, I wasn't offended by what you posted. I just wanted to clarify why I personally was happy about the change in my situation, and to give some background on how I was stuck forever in a lower Tier.
Thanks...I do understand what its like struggling to climb out of a tier..I was in the same boat and it stunk...hope this new system works better for you!!
arny
arny

Back to top Go down

Post by spiritia Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:57 pm

I like the new system. I too felt bad when new agents could jump the tiers when only doing a couple of campaigns. I think the new system rewards longstanding commitment to bzzagent...
I like that and think its fair. You can only go up ... not go down. I like that too.

I don't like womlets. I think they are a way for bzzagent to make a buck by looking like they are offering something to us. Bzzagent is a business and it is their job to make a buck. It is crap in my mind and I will choose to ignore it. But there will be those that don't ignore it and bzzagent will make that buck. It's like me putting google adsense on a website. If I get a few to click... I earn money. I wish they would focus their efforts on what bzzagent was founded on... Word-Of-Mouth Advertising.... not click counting.

I'm disappointed in the dramatic decrease of what a report is worth. Again... bzzagent keeping more of the money. It's their choice. They are a business. Their goal is to make money. I think they may also see a dramatic drop in the number of reports being done. Will it still be enough to satisfy their customers? I guess time will tell.

Overall, I like the new system. I'm not too happy about the mypoints, but I'll live with it. I hate the womlets... I'll ignore them. I just want campaigns. That is what I signed up for and I rarely get those now.
spiritia
spiritia
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-05-08

http://medhatmommies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:26 am

Joe,
What's a suomlet???
I found that term on "Learn About Stuff"page
Scar
Scar

Number of posts : 1135
Honeycomb : Honey-Freaking-Bee-Finally!
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:34 am

Why did people who purchased a key, not get one for the level they entered? People who missed out on a key, got one if their level was high enough. I feel like I wasted those 200 points.
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:38 am

jumping a tier? I think participation points were considered.. which means frogpond and surveys....

Honey.. I had a key, kept it.. but did not get another when I went to level . Not sure what thats about... but not sure what difference it makes either.
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:52 am

kath I feel like I should now have two. One that I purchased and one for my level. It makes a difference to me in two ways. One if I had not spent those 200 points, I could have purchased another gift card at my points and I would still have a golden key awarded by my level.
The second issue I have is that I really have very little chance to get campaigns without a key. My demographics are not what they want at all, so I mostly have to buy my way in. So now I can mostly only fill honeycombs by doing 3 frogs a month. It will be, I think 6 or 7 months before I can move up a level and get another key. That is why I feel ripped off.
Honey
Honey

Back to top Go down

Post by BzzyBee Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:53 am

Scar wrote:Joe,
What's a suomlet???
I found that term on "Learn About Stuff"page

I think that is a typo on the site. I looks like they were trying to say "complete a survey Get a womlet, plus 30 Mypoints points"
BzzyBee
BzzyBee
Larva
Larva

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:55 am

I agree HOney.. I thought that I would have 2, when I saw my tier...
No idea why we didn't get it but!

One time I had a key disappear for no reason. I emailed the hive and it came back...I think we should wait and see, or email the hive..to ask about that... although, I suspect that is a question that will be answered when Joe posts on the B-log
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mrschia Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:37 am

BzzAgentJoeC wrote:All,

I am going to let people weigh in here and on the BeeLog a bit more, and in the next few days I'll come back here and answer, best I can, several of your questions. Like when we announced Shaloha, we made a decision to let Agents experience the changes and answer one another's questions best they can, at least initially.

I will clear up one misconception: There is not a one-honeycomb-per-mounth cap. You can fill multiple honeycombs per month. We will clarify that better in our messaging.

JoeC

It has been a while, could you come and talk with us again??? We have this and another thread. I know you said to check with CS but they are so vague, we really could use some more info now.

thank you!
mrschia
mrschia

Number of posts : 670
Honeycomb : Level 6~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:59 am

I feel like he is angry and disapointed in the people who are not happy with the whole thing.
Honey
Honey

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezzelle Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:34 pm

Yeah Honey, it's also a "you can't shine s:yikes:!" scenerio, I think.
Jezzelle
Jezzelle
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3