Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Very First Thoughts

+10
sati769leigh
arny
Scar
kath
BeachyBum
itsirC
chelle
thebigscott
Missy
Rebecca1340
14 posters

Go down

Now that you've seen BzzPerks, what are your first thoughts?

Very First Thoughts I_vote_lcap20%Very First Thoughts I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 13 ]
Very First Thoughts I_vote_lcap17%Very First Thoughts I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 11 ]
Very First Thoughts I_vote_lcap40%Very First Thoughts I_vote_rcap 40% 
[ 26 ]
Very First Thoughts I_vote_lcap23%Very First Thoughts I_vote_rcap 23% 
[ 15 ]

Total Votes : 65

Very First Thoughts Empty Very First Thoughts

Post by Rebecca1340 Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:47 pm

I'm just posting this now since I'll probably miss the big event tomorrow.

Last edited by thebigscott on Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:09 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : moving it early -- we're definately getting a big storm in the next few minutes!)
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Very First Thoughts Empty Re: Very First Thoughts

Post by Missy Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:07 am

Can we add in that I am waiting to see?? I want to wait until I get a campaign, and get a womlet before I make a judgement..
Missy
Missy
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:10 am

I added it for you Missy.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:13 am

Thank you!!!
Missy
Missy

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:53 am

I am just glad that I didnt submit all that Bzz since shitola..

Cause it wasnt worth shit.. ROFLMAO!

I knew there was a reason to hold off.

I now have as much credit for aveeno with 4 reports (done before shitola) as I do for SBSC with 30 plus reports.

that boycott saved me some work.. Smile
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by itsirC Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:13 am

no kidding. i was thinking the same thing chelle
itsirC
itsirC
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by BeachyBum Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:06 am

I might be in the minority here, but I was already OK with MyPoints Smile

The new system rewarded me for all the years I've been with BzzAgent and all of the work I had done in the past, even if I had to take some time off for life.

I'm sure I'm still fairly low on the totem poll, but truthfully, I hadn't been as active in the previous year or two.

I've been a BzzAgent since 2003.

I'm a Sweet Bee (level 6) and they gave me a golden key Smile

Personally, I'm very happy!
BeachyBum
BeachyBum
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 791
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~ 2 Golden Keys ~ Bzzing since 2003
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:55 am

no complaints here...

points transferred.. I could get two 50$ sears GCs right now..I have points pending from purchases..

I am pleased with it.
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:27 am

Me too Kath.
Looks like everything went smoothly for most people
I'm not thrilled about the new levels etc..But I'm satisfied.

Last edited by Scar on Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Scar
Scar

Number of posts : 1135
Honeycomb : Honey-Freaking-Bee-Finally!
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by arny Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:06 am

I am sitting on the wait and see side of the fence..I just woke up and haven't really figured out the new system..that is why I am here before I go to bzz..I gotta find out the scoop...lol
arny
arny

Number of posts : 951
Honeycomb : Level 6 and 33 honeycombs and 0 keys
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by sati769leigh Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:18 am

i love the tiering system. but when i read that our Bzz reports would be worth 55 MYPOINTS compared to the previous 30-35 Bzz points i previously got that they converted at 8/1 so previously my reports were typically worth 240 mypoints and now are only 55? are they freaking KIDDING? WTF kind of incentive is that to write a good report? it is INSULTING to what we do for them. INSULTING. but i will carry on. i like trying new products and stuff so i can deal. just going to be miffed for a bit.
sati769leigh
sati769leigh
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 293
Honeycomb : sati769leigh@hotmail.com
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:30 pm

missmissylette wrote:Can we add in that I am waiting to see?? I want to wait until I get a campaign, and get a womlet before I make a judgement..

I did a survey and filed a report today. The "womlets" were VERY disappointing. Just "offers" ... spend $25 with so and so and get a free such and such. They REALLY show how the mypoints partnership is working. I am REALLY REALLY hoping that they will get better or be something other than offers down the road but right now.. Sad
Connie
Connie

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:40 pm

sati769leigh wrote:i love the tiering system. but when i read that our Bzz reports would be worth 55 MYPOINTS compared to the previous 30-35 Bzz points i previously got that they converted at 8/1 so previously my reports were typically worth 240 mypoints and now are only 55? are they freaking KIDDING? WTF kind of incentive is that to write a good report? it is INSULTING to what we do for them. INSULTING. but i will carry on. i like trying new products and stuff so i can deal. just going to be miffed for a bit.

But sati.. in the old systerm, often it was nearly impossible for agents to get rewards. Certain agents would go in and just clean them out while the rest were at work, or taing care of their kids or ?

This way, everyone has an opportunity to cash in on their efforts. If some agent does have enough points to clean them out of gift cards, more will come in.

I would rather have a chance to get something for my effort.

I think a lot of people are trying to compare apples and oranges with tiers and levels and Bzzpoints for reports then and now..

Of course everyone is entitled to an opinion.... no one should take anything anyone here is saying personally...
I am sure nothing is meant to be unkind...
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by calypso531 Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:29 pm

Originally when I had switched over to mypoints I was very disappointed. Very few items are applicable to Canadians. Now they don't even seem to have the ones that were applicable to Canadians available anymore. So I think this whole thing is ridiculous.

calypso531
Larva
Larva

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:07 pm

My first thought was that they are decreasing the whole rewards system and instead giving us discounts (womlets from what I understand) and better perks in the campaigns. Now I could be totally off-base here, but that is okay with me. On average, I was doing 15-20 reports per campaign and I had 5 campaigns a year. That means that I could get a $25-50 gift card from My Points per year. I am okay with that.

In the old system, I would work my butt off to move up but wouldn't get any Golden Keys or any discounts of any kind. I think that is a true bonus for me. I love discounts and I love getting more campaigns.

The best thing for me is that I can still work on my honeycomb even though I am not in a campaign at the moment. The plain and simple fact that I don't have to spam my friends and family to get points in the Frogpond is awesome!!!! I love discovering new websites and giving my honest opinion.

All in all, it looks good to me. Please don't be mad if I don't agree with you. I respect those of you who think you got hosed. I feel for you. This is just how I feel personally.

*runs and ducks for cover*
Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:29 pm

Nichellelp wrote:My first thought was that they are decreasing the whole rewards system and instead giving us discounts (womlets from what I understand) and better perks in the campaigns. Now I could be totally off-base here, but that is okay with me. On average, I was doing 15-20 reports per campaign and I had 5 campaigns a year. That means that I could get a $25-50 gift card from My Points per year. I am okay with that.

In the old system, I would work my butt off to move up but wouldn't get any Golden Keys or any discounts of any kind. I think that is a true bonus for me. I love discounts and I love getting more campaigns.

The best thing for me is that I can still work on my honeycomb even though I am not in a campaign at the moment. The plain and simple fact that I don't have to spam my friends and family to get points in the Frogpond is awesome!!!! I love discovering new websites and giving my honest opinion.

All in all, it looks good to me. Please don't be mad if I don't agree with you. I respect those of you who think you got hosed. I feel for you. This is just how I feel personally.

*runs and ducks for cover*
Razz

There is no need to run and duck. All opinions are welcome, as long as you can put it out there without calling names or being insulting to those who feel differently, as you did. I hope everyone here feels comfortable sharing their thoughts without worry of attack. Disagreements are bound to happen, we are all human and it is hard sometimes to "read" into writing to see the expression coming with it. I am not singling you out just saw an opportunity to throw that out there for everyone. By all means if anyone sees something wrong please pm me or one of the mods. We try to keep up but we are only human too.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:55 pm

Thanks Tara, I know I was just trying to make people smile by saying I was going to go and duck for cover, hence the smilie. People seem rather heated and I wanted to lighten things up.

Guess I didn't get my point across too well. Oh well, back to baking my brownies...

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:00 pm

Nichellelp wrote: Oh well, back to baking my brownies...

Put in the secret herbal ingredient to mellow us out.
I for one could use it.
I'm one Very First Thoughts 461158 honeycomb from reaching another level and nothing I've done will fill it! (I've done ALL the frogs again today)
Scar
Scar

Number of posts : 1135
Honeycomb : Honey-Freaking-Bee-Finally!
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:44 pm

Scar wrote:
Nichellelp wrote: Oh well, back to baking my brownies...

Put in the secret herbal ingredient to mellow us out.
I for one could use it.
I'm one Very First Thoughts 461158 honeycomb from reaching another level and nothing I've done will fill it! (I've done ALL the frogs again today)

LOL! Well Scar, I put in mini-marshmellows, does that count??? Have a brownie!!

Congrats on doing the frogs today. I did 3 today as well. I think that they must update the honeycomb the following day, like they did for the quality score. So you may be at a new level tomorrow.
sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:26 pm

calypso531 wrote:Originally when I had switched over to mypoints I was very disappointed. Very few items are applicable to Canadians. Now they don't even seem to have the ones that were applicable to Canadians available anymore. So I think this whole thing is ridiculous.
This is what kills me -- all these promises about how they remembered us and we're actually worse off than before IMO. I don't know. I guess I wish they'd start treating Canada like the foreign country that it is rather than trying to lump us in with the American system that just doesn't work for us.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:33 pm

Nichellelp wrote:Thanks Tara, I know I was just trying to make people smile by saying I was going to go and duck for cover, hence the smilie. People seem rather heated and I wanted to lighten things up.

Guess I didn't get my point across too well. Oh well, back to baking my brownies...

No you did but I thought I would throw that out there as kind of a reminder. That way maybe if while you were hiding (lol) someone did want to say something they might reconsider (the whole heating up debate). None wants fighting or rudeness here, and there is no need for it. Well maybe if you disagree with me, since you would so obviously be wrong and I would have to beat you down for it.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Knotty Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:23 pm

I am pretty pleased with the new system. As others have stated, I like that I can go redeem for My Points Gift Cards any time I want, as often as I have the points for it. Before, I had not gotten an actual reward in over a year, even though I had faithfully bzzed and I felt it was really unfair and a disincentive for me. It is one thing to say there are NO rewards, but to say there ARE rewards, you just never seem to get one is something else all together. This system seems much more fair to me, and if less points is the trade off, then I am willing to accept that. I also have been a BzzAgent since 2004 and have really struggled to get to Tier 2! I must have a terrific demographic because I get offerred a lot of campaigns. And every time I would join one, I would slip down to Tier 1 again. It was so frustrating and irritating. And then there are campaigns that you accept that you just can't Bzz. A couple of times I just really didn't end up liking the product much (Atkins and Abadazad) and another time, it was too sensitive a topic to bring up often, something I did not anticipate (Nicorette). I've done 43 total campaigns, and have always submitted at least a few reports for each one (even ones that I did not like), and sometimes as many as 42. I love that they are recognizing loyalty to BzzAgent and consistency as well as productivity and that now I am at Level 6.

Anyhoo...just my two cents. It was a shock when they went to the Tier system, and I am sure it will be an adjustment to go to this system as well. But overall, I am pretty happy with it.
Knotty
Knotty
Larva
Larva

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down