Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joe.....please read.....our thoughts once June 9th hit

+26
Missy
JeepMom
Rebecca1340
tara
kashicaat
BeachyBum
chiquita55
idatater46
Connie
cheyandwysmom
trax
Muggins
bzzinalong
dms07
emach12
kath
Honey
Scar
BzzAgentJoeC
KellyM
Lori
arny
sati769leigh
Scarlett
eat_a_cookies
mrschia
30 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Joe.....please read.....our thoughts once June 9th hit - Page 2 Empty Re: Joe.....please read.....our thoughts once June 9th hit

Post by eat_a_cookies Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:34 am

There was a time span where there was NOTHING offered to me for almost a year. NOTHING. I did all the frogs, I jumped on every survey I could. To no avail, sadly.

I don't want it to look like I don't understand, because I really do. And I do see the other side of it. But I just wanted to point out where I was coming from, as an Agent who Bzzed my Btt off and got nowhere, only to see Agents that joined a few months ago getting more credit for their reports. It was really unfair, and really frustrating.
eat_a_cookies
eat_a_cookies
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Joe.....please read.....our thoughts once June 9th hit - Page 2 Empty Re: Joe.....please read.....our thoughts once June 9th hit

Post by Honey Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:45 am

I also feel screwed by not getting anything for the spam clicks I generated in the frogpond. I am glad they are gone now, but couldn't I have a one time honeycomb or two for doing so many of those dang tnings?
Honey
Honey
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by arny Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:02 pm

dms07 wrote:
arny wrote:

I was just floored reading a tier 1 got a level 6...red flag went up!!

I don't see why a "red flag" went up because someone went from a tier 1 to level 6. I did too. I've been a member since early 2005, did 287 polls/surveys and was involved in 49 campaigns. I stayed at a tier 1 mainly because I had alot of campaigns going on at any one time and didn't have time to write 20-30 reports per campaign. I also took 2 long breaks from Bzzagent. Alot of tier 1 and 2's that have jumped further up the new levels did so because of past history.
Well here's how it looked to me at the time..and if you read my comments prior to that one singular statement you will see how I arrived at that statement..

A few tier ones who put forth little or no effort suddenly a tier 6...sorry that sounds wrong on all levels to me..
And by your own admission you took 2 long breaks...while others didn't..is it completely fair how suddenly someone jumps up above a tier 4...top 100 to a higher level with supposedly better incentives..I am thrilled those who worked hard and received so little are getting rewarded now..but its strange to me that is all..

I get the past history...I do make attempts to write at least 4 reports per campaign...but those I was referring to wrote 1-2 basic reports...likely 1-2 line reports..

Heck I wasn't even a 4 and can find all kinds of faults in it..
arny
arny
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 951
Honeycomb : Level 6 and 33 honeycombs and 0 keys
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzinalong Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:26 pm

I'm happy with the new honeycomb system. I was a tier 2 and going nowhere because everytime I got a new campaign I dropped down. I've been a member since November 2006 and have been in 26 campaigns. Now I'm a level 6.

I don't like the 55 mypoints per report and I'm not too thrilled with the womlets. I don't want a money saving offer or whatever. I don't do much shopping online except through Amazon. It will take forever now to get enough points to get a giftcard, so I'm happy that they took our old points and converted them the way they did.

I didn't ever spam my friends with the frogpond. It took way too many clicks to get even one quality point and I just didn't see the purpose. But I have found a couple of good sites in the pond, not many but a few. Now at least you only have to post your opinion, not spam your friends, so I will do my three a month.

I'm not that upset about the new system, I'll do my 2 reports per campaign, 3 frogs per month and enjoy the products bzzagent send.
bzzinalong
bzzinalong
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 257
Honeycomb : Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by arny Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:34 pm

bzzinalong wrote:I'm happy with the new honeycomb system. I was a tier 2 and going nowhere because everytime I got a new campaign I dropped down. I've been a member since November 2006 and have been in 26 campaigns. Now I'm a level 6.

I don't like the 55 mypoints per report and I'm not too thrilled with the womlets. I don't want a money saving offer or whatever. I don't do much shopping online except through Amazon. It will take forever now to get enough points to get a giftcard, so I'm happy that they took our old points and converted them the way they did.

I didn't ever spam my friends with the frogpond. It took way too many clicks to get even one quality point and I just didn't see the purpose. But I have found a couple of good sites in the pond, not many but a few. Now at least you only have to post your opinion, not spam your friends, so I will do my three a month.

I'm not that upset about the new system, I'll do my 2 reports per campaign, 3 frogs per month and enjoy the products bzzagent send.
Nicely put...I will take that advice and heed it..
arny
arny

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggins Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:50 pm

I went from a Tier 2 with early invite status (probably fairly low level at that) to a Level 5 (a few short of Level 6) still with early invite staus and now even have a Golden Key. I hadn't been very active lately, my last Bzz kit (Crest Whitestrips) never made it to me so no bzzing from me on that campaign at all and I chose to not participate in the Frog Pond. However, I've been with them for over 2 years, have done every survey offered and submitted well over the previous 3 report minimum on the 19 or so campaigns I participated in.

What I'd like to know from Joe is what, if anything, has been done to improve things for us Canadian agents? Our campaigns have been few and far between as compared to those offered south of our mutual border. The Frog Pond crap as far as I can see really doesn't offer anything/apply to Canadians yet I found out last night that by visiting 3 of the sites listed I was able to move up 1 honeycomb anyway which I have to admit is probably a "good" thing for me. Likewise, there is very little on the MyPITS website that is geared for Canucks to be able to earn more points (never mind redeem for). I've tried a few of the offers that actually interested me but was told they weren't applicable to me or that the partner didn't offer shipping to Canada.

So Joe, can you please tell me just how this new system is going to be better for me and my fellow Canadian BzzAgents?
Muggins
Muggins
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:01 pm

Geez, Muggins, I would not hold my breath to look for any improvement for north of the border folks. I have not read all the posts, only a brief scan - can safely state that unless you receive campaigns you may as well be a honey bee sittin' in the back of someones' memory.
trax
trax

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggins Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:07 pm

trax wrote:Geez, Muggins, I would not hold my breath to look for any improvement for north of the border folks. I have not read all the posts, only a brief scan - can safely state that unless you receive campaigns you may as well be a honey bee sittin' in the back of someones' memory.

Quite honestly Trax I'm not holding my breath for any improvement .......... somehow I don't think there are enough of us for them to even bother factoring us into their equations! However, I wanted to make my opinions/thoughts/displeasures known to "them".
Muggins
Muggins
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by dms07 Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:13 pm

arny wrote:
Well here's how it looked to me at the time..and if you read my comments prior to that one singular statement you will see how I arrived at that statement..

A few tier ones who put forth little or no effort suddenly a tier 6...sorry that sounds wrong on all levels to me..
And by your own admission you took 2 long breaks...while others didn't..is it completely fair how suddenly someone jumps up above a tier 4...top 100 to a higher level with supposedly better incentives..I am thrilled those who worked hard and received so little are getting rewarded now..but its strange to me that is all..

I get the past history...I do make attempts to write at least 4 reports per campaign...but those I was referring to wrote 1-2 basic reports...likely 1-2 line reports..

I did read what you wrote prior to that one single statement. I took a couple breaks so I get clumped with the ones who put "little or no effort"? I find it strange that you jump down my throat about quoting that one statement when someone else did the same thing. Yes by my own admission I took a break from Bzzagent twice.. so what? This is not my job and just because I took a break in 3+ years doesn't mean I put forth any less effort than anyone else previous to those breaks. So because I took a break, I don't deserve to be above someone who became a tier 4 in a matter of a couple months? Do I think it's fair that I jumped above some of the top 100 agents, some of which i might add had only been members for a few months with a couple campaigns? You're damn skippy. I'm glad Bzzagent decided to take all prior history into account and not just the past year. I don't write 1 or 2 reports per campaign and I also don't do 1 or 2 line reports (pisses me off actually). Keep in mind that im speaking for myself only and not anyone else that was a tier 1 that jumped past tier 4's. I feel I deserve where I was put and apparently so did Bzzagent. Older agents with many campaigns under their belt that were struggling to move tiers will finally see a benefit in this new system, myself included. Just to clarify, I'm not an "ass kisser" for Bzzagent either. I think the WOMlets suck and the points are crappy. No rose-colored glasses here.

I thought this board and the members said that posting your opinion, whether it's in the minority or majority, is welcome here. It seems to me that as long as you post that you aren't happy and that everything sucks then you are A-OK. Post something on the opposite side of the spectrum and you are either ignored or called out on it.
dms07
dms07
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 81
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by cheyandwysmom Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:25 pm

I think everyone's opinion is absolutely welcome - yours included! In fact, I agree with you. I have been an agent for 6 months. I definitely think agents who have been active longer should be ahead of me in status. Just gives me more motivation to catch up! Razz

I am not an asskisser either - womlets (as I've seen them thus far) suck, and the points per report sucks. The rest, I can't find a whole ton to complain about.
cheyandwysmom
cheyandwysmom
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by arny Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:27 pm

dms07 wrote:
arny wrote:

I did read what you wrote prior to that one single statement. I took a couple breaks so I get clumped with the ones who put "little or no effort"? I find it strange that you jump down my throat about quoting that one statement when someone else did the same thing. Yes by my own admission I took a break from Bzzagent twice.. so what? This is not my job and just because I took a break in 3+ years doesn't mean I put forth any less effort than anyone else previous to those breaks. So because I took a break, I don't deserve to be above someone who became a tier 4 in a matter of a couple months? Do I think it's fair that I jumped above some of the top 100 agents, some of which i might add had only been members for a few months with a couple campaigns? You're damn skippy. I'm glad Bzzagent decided to take all prior history into account and not just the past year. I don't write 1 or 2 reports per campaign and I also don't do 1 or 2 line reports (pisses me off actually). Keep in mind that im speaking for myself only and not anyone else that was a tier 1 that jumped past tier 4's. I feel I deserve where I was put and apparently so did Bzzagent. Older agents with many campaigns under their belt that were struggling to move tiers will finally see a benefit in this new system, myself included. Just to clarify, I'm not an "ass kisser" for Bzzagent either. I think the WOMlets suck and the points are crappy. No rose-colored glasses here.

I thought this board and the members said that posting your opinion, whether it's in the minority or majority, is welcome here. It seems to me that as long as you post that you aren't happy and that everything sucks then you are A-OK. Post something on the opposite side of the spectrum and you are either ignored or called out on it.
Look I welcome your response I have no issue with you at all..my statement was based towards those who at tier 1 jumped above others at level 6...not you in particular...
I really don't care if you worked your hiney off or not, you took time off or not.... I didn't specify all tier 1's who suddenly jumped to level 6's just some...I saw fault in those who it seemed skated by free and clear gaining keys..early invites etc.. Just sitting back cruising along..without putting much effort besides the fact of being an agent for a year or two longer than someone else.

Understand my opinion is I felt it was wrong...your opinion is your opinion you took offense to my opinion....you pointed it out..I am not saying you didn't devote a lot of time and didn't work hard..really I am not...
But I was simply referring to those who didn't put forth the effort..
Welcome and hope you can understand what I am getting at..which is why I have edited 4 times now..lol

Last edited by arny on Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
arny
arny

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:34 pm

I love my new level and feel it is exactly where I should have been for my "time in service" and the reports I have done.

I would like to know if the womlets will ever be anything besides "buy something, get something" offers. I was really hoping to see the womlets be the chance to get a keychain, troll, etc.. something exciting.
Connie
Connie

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by idatater46 Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:59 pm

I feel I have really worked to get to Tier 4 and now to be a Honeybee seems like such a slap in the face. Please explain how we can fill more than one honeycomb a month? I completed 3 frogs last night and submitted a report and was told< I bel;ieve, that I could not do more frogs until next month. I have been participating in the frogpond all along.

Also concerned about the amout of points we will be getting for our Bzz reports.

HAte, hate, hate the Womlets- please explain the ideas behind that!
idatater46
idatater46

Number of posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Post by chiquita55 Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:24 pm

Hey guys, some of you are complaining about tiers and levels. Remember the new system is new and the old system is old. They do not necessarily equate. Your levels were attained by filling in the comb for the history you have with the hive. It is a whole new system so I think you would feel better if you didn't try to compare.
chiquita55
chiquita55

Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:24 pm

idatater, I was a real participator in the Frogpond too. However, I stopped filling out the surveys that you'd see after you gave your opinion on a frog....frankly because there was nothing in it for me. I would receive 1 PP for giving my opinion and I was done.

Come to find out, in the 2 months that I actually DID fill out those surveys, the changeover gave me 2 filled honeycombs. So all that participation didn't help you or I very much, did it?

Consider me disappointed, too.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by chiquita55 Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:29 pm

Joe, so far I am pretty happy with everything that has happened. I can now get a nice gift card at My Points, my level went up and I got a gold key after all my hard work here. My points transferred over nicely and all has gone smooth.

However, I am not big on the womlets. I doubt you will find many that are. Maybe if they were $$ off on gas or something! Otherwise, times are tough and you won't find me buying things off the internet for the heck of it to get a discount.

My other question/remark is, Are the reward points at Bzz still going to go over to My Points at 8 x's the rate? Otherwise, for all the work, those are pretty low points for My Points. They give you 5 or 10 points just for clicking on a link and not doing anything so to only get, say an average of 30 bzz points for bzzing and then typing up a report seems pretty low My Points points. If they do transfer over for 8 X's the points then that seems fair enough. Waiting to hear the answer.
chiquita55
chiquita55

Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by idatater46 Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:34 pm

Nope, it didn't- I cannot see the logic behind this and I am certainly not a "dumb" person- quite intelligent in fact. I keep telling my hubby all my complaints and he keeps telling me to just quit. Now, its rather like my honor is at stake. As I read on the Bee Log, many are happy with the change. I would have been too if I had been down in a Tier 1 and made it quite high now. I don't feel that my Tier4 helped me one bit and neither did all the time I spent in the pond or answering silly surveys or polls. Don't even get my started on Womlets- I always try to see the positive in everything- but this may be the one I can't.
idatater46
idatater46

Number of posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Post by mrschia Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:06 pm

I wonder if bonus kits are gone???? They were wonderful.

First bzz trolls and now bonus kits...boo hoo!!
mrschia
mrschia

Number of posts : 670
Honeycomb : Level 6~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by sati769leigh Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:39 pm

thanks for stopping in Joe!!
sati769leigh
sati769leigh
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 293
Honeycomb : sati769leigh@hotmail.com
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by BeachyBum Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:20 pm

Arny,

I understand your feelings, and I truly hope it wasn't me that upset you.

I've been with BzzAgent since early 2003 and yes, did take some 'non active' time twice in the 5 years, one with my divorce, and one with a promotion at work (where I found myself working 60+ hours a week).

Lately both of those situations have resolved, and I can be active again, which is how I found this board.

I do want to clarify that I do many more than 2 reports per campaign, surveys, polls, frogs, and I've never dreamed of doing a one or two liner. I've participated in, and reported on at least 45 campaigns in those 5 years.

I think we ALL work very hard on our Bzzreports .... you, me and all the others on this board.

I think it'll be easier to fill honeycombs than we think.

I really hope it wasn't my post that upset you. I certainly would never want to discount any of the work that any of us do to gain our levels/tiers/status.
BeachyBum
BeachyBum

Number of posts : 791
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~ 2 Golden Keys ~ Bzzing since 2003
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by arny Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:32 pm

BeachyBum wrote:Arny,

I understand your feelings, and I truly hope it wasn't me that upset you.

I've been with BzzAgent since early 2003 and yes, did take some 'non active' time twice in the 5 years, one with my divorce, and one with a promotion at work (where I found myself working 60+ hours a week).

Lately both of those situations have resolved, and I can be active again, which is how I found this board.

I do want to clarify that I do many more than 2 reports per campaign, surveys, polls, frogs, and I've never dreamed of doing a one or two liner. I've participated in, and reported on at least 45 campaigns in those 5 years.

I think we ALL work very hard on our Bzzreports .... you, me and all the others on this board.

I think it'll be easier to fill honeycombs than we think.

I really hope it wasn't my post that upset you. I certainly would never want to discount any of the work that any of us do to gain our levels/tiers/status.
Honestly it was no one here who upset me..its actually Bzz and the way some acquired the higher levels with little or no effort..
I have read at least 5 agents (not here and this is NOT aimed at anyone here) who openly admitted that they didn't..haven't..posted a report in awhile...some that posted one to two this past year..I have read some who were tier 4 and had worked their tails off to achieve that..slip lower than I would have ever imagined....I just want to know other than having more years with bzz...maybe more survey's during this time... why Bzz decided to award some a large jump in rankings...while others seemed to fall painfully from the top..
I have to wonder how much history of the agents, Bzz looked at..

Gosh I am sorry if I offended someone that wasn't really my point, other than to slightly defend a statement I made..
Normally I wander away when it starts to get a little warm in a thread but I thought I made a point to say not all tier 1's are not deserving...just those who were not really giving it their all....or a fair portion of their time..
Sorry again..I love a good debate and today I am a bit testy over all this...I was never good with change.. DNS I hope you come back soon.
arny
arny

Back to top Go down

Post by BeachyBum Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:55 pm

Thanks Arny Smile

You didn't offend me, and I know that wasn't your point. You just have questions Smile

If this helps, I know they looked at much more than years of service .... they did count every campaign (with at least 2 reports) and polls, and surveys and frogs .....

I do think we had more in the beginning, I remember being in 4 campaigns at once back in the day. lol

But yeah, being around for so many years, that's a lot of campaigns, polls etc. .... that I completed and Bzz'd on and such.

The good news is, I have no doubt that BzzAgent will be more strict on one line reports and those people who are good Bzzers will certainly move up, the ones with little effort will remain stagnant in their place.
BeachyBum
BeachyBum

Number of posts : 791
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~ 2 Golden Keys ~ Bzzing since 2003
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by kashicaat Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:59 pm

I'm just a bit confused. I definitely THINK I like this new system especially since I jumped from tier 2 t level 5 (almost a 6). I was also a person going nowhere at tier 2 since I kept taking new campaigns and my score kept dropping...
But from my reading, it sounds like:

1. Only two reports will count in moving up in the honeycomb...anything above and beyond two will give up mypoints, but offer nothing in regards to moving up levels.

2. You can only fill one frogpond honeycomb per month.

Basically, it sounds like there is a ceiling of opportunity now?

I see that my interpretation is wrong from a post from Joe, but I'd definitely like to see it all explained in a bit more detail....once he recovers from all the work they've done!!

kashicaat
Bzzing
Bzzing

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:43 pm

BzzAgentJoeC wrote:All,

I am going to let people weigh in here and on the BeeLog a bit more, and in the next few days I'll come back here and answer, best I can, several of your questions. Like when we announced Shaloha, we made a decision to let Agents experience the changes and answer one another's questions best they can, at least initially.

I will clear up one misconception: There is not a one-honeycomb-per-mounth cap. You can fill multiple honeycombs per month. We will clarify that better in our messaging.

JoeC

Just have to wonder here, and forgive me for it but...
Does anyone there realize the total lack of answers, comments, the flat out ignoring the agents questions was what ticked people off in the first place? Give us practically no information on something new to everyone and basically say figure it out yourselves? Get your answers from someone else who knows as little as you do? I'm not asking you to answer me, just a thought.

Apparently group questions are not valued at bzzagent, so perhaps we should compile a list and start individually emailing Jono for answers. It seems it would be easier to answer everyone at once but it seems they want us to email the same questions over and over and over.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:54 pm

I have to disagree a bit Tara -- yes, ignoring everyone is probably what caused the most problems a couple of weeks ago, but at least this time Joe's given us a heads up about how they're around and watching, but are going to let us vent for a few days before responding. Seems like fair warning to me.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next