Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supper tonight

4 posters

Go down

Supper tonight Empty Supper tonight

Post by bizzeedee Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:02 pm

Hmmm, all of a sudden, everyone's gone! Is it supper time? Seems like I've been here or in and out all day. Been raining off and on, windy, kind cold (60-64) and just not a nice day... so spent it between here and the washer/dryer.

So maybe you're all off fixing supper. Not me. Not tonight. Nor is Chuck. We're heading off to a fund raiser dinner for our local Hospice.

After my Applebee's burger yesterday for lunch, we (well not me) didn't need supper last night. About 11 this morning, Chuck says, "Hey, what do you want for supper tomorrow night?"

Come on, give me a break, how the heck do I know what I want to eat Friday night?

Well I'll be looking forward to your posts in the morning... but I'm basically gone for tonight. Well okay, that's a lie. I'm going to go shower, but you can bet, befor we leave in 2 hours, I'll be stopping by to see who isn't fixing supper (or tending to kids coming home from school)!

Byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyye
bizzeedee
bizzeedee
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Supper tonight Empty Re: Supper tonight

Post by Rebecca1340 Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:04 pm

Not me -- it's just the boys and I tonight (hubby's in Toronto for the day) so I'm about to pack them up to go grab some take out! Have a good night dee!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:09 pm

Rebecca1340 wrote:Not me -- it's just the boys and I tonight (hubby's in Toronto for the day) so I'm about to pack them up to go grab some take out! Have a good night dee!

I'm addicted... I confess. Where will you get take out? I mean, like what's really good in CA? Do you ever get cheese curds with gravy? Something we learned about when in Ontario (I think that's where we were) but never got a chance to taste...
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:17 pm

I just left to do a little bit of cleaning up and have a snack. We eat late here, supper won't be until 7 or later. We are having chicken manicotti. Tastes great and looks like lots of trouble, but couldn't be simplier. Tory (my daughter who is home from college) put in an order for it for her first dinner home.
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:22 pm

Honey wrote:I just left to do a little bit of cleaning up and have a snack. We eat late here, supper won't be until 7 or later. We are having chicken manicotti. Tastes great and looks like lots of trouble, but couldn't be simplier. Tory (my daughter who is home from college) put in an order for it for her first dinner home.

Sounds like work to me Very Happy but sure is nice of you to fix her favorites... but then, that's what mom's do, right? I'm sure you're really enjoying her stay with you and it'll be all too short, but just cherise the time you have together.

Hopefully, you'll do some salad and garlic bread with that manicotti! Sounds good to me... at the dinner tonight, at our convention center, I can pretty much guess what we'll be having... chicken, baked taters, salad, rolls, green beans cooked to death (that's the KY state vegetable dish) and assorted desserts! But it's for a good cause.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:33 pm

We do have salad, but I forgot the french bread. We do have some sour dough though, hmm. Yes, I am very happy she is home. She may not be back for some time, so I am enjoying her while I can. We spent hours talking today and it was great Very Happy
BTW the manicotti is super simple. Just put a chicken tenderloin piece in each manicotti shell, put in pan and cover with jar spaghetti sauce. Add italian cheese on top, cover and bake for about an hour @ 350. Voila dinner!
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:44 pm

interesting! and sounds easy

thanks !

yes... enjoy your daughter......time goes so quickly
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:26 pm

Dee aka bizzeedee wrote:
Rebecca1340 wrote:Not me -- it's just the boys and I tonight (hubby's in Toronto for the day) so I'm about to pack them up to go grab some take out! Have a good night dee!

I'm addicted... I confess. Where will you get take out? I mean, like what's really good in CA? Do you ever get cheese curds with gravy? Something we learned about when in Ontario (I think that's where we were) but never got a chance to taste...
When I want decent family food I pick up Swiss Chalet chicken. They're the best! I went for speed and convenience tonight though and swung through Wendy's at the kids' request. I don't like cheese curds so no poutine for me. There's not a whole lot of French takeout around here anyway. I'm in an English part of Canada.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:32 pm

I like chinese... and McDs Big Mac and fries

KFC sometimes too...