Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MyPoints & American Express Plum Campaign

5 posters

Go down

MyPoints & American Express Plum Campaign Empty MyPoints & American Express Plum Campaign

Post by Phoenix1 Mon May 26, 2008 2:12 pm

Hi, everyone:

I don't have time right now to keep up with the message board or much about BzzAgent, but I got a recent invite from MyPoints that seemed worth mentioning.

I've had a MyPoints account for awhile. The program's ok, but I'm not thrilled with it. In some ways it's easy to rack up points, but they don't always credit properly, & I don't find a lot of the gift cards appealing. I've never actually gotten around to redeeming my points, so I can't speak to how well that works.

In some ways I can see why BzzAgent chose this reward program, but in others I find it a disappointing move.

& then there's the e-mail I received from MyPoints on May 22nd. titled "Small Business Owners: Exclusive BzzAgent Offer!"

For those new to MyPoints, you can choose whether you want to receive "offers" via e-mail. These offers usually credit a few MyPoints if you visit the website being advertised, & more MyPoints if you take a various action (make a purchase, subscribe to a newsletter etc.)

This offer was to:
Visit BzzAgent - 5 points.
Participate in the American Express Plum Card campaign - 100 points.
(I believe it said that you might not qualify for Plum, but could be offered other campaigns. & if already a BzzAgent, you still had the opportunity to apply for Plum & associated MyPoints.)

There's obviously more to the partnership between BzzAgent & MyPoints than simply creating a "better reward program" for agents - & it seems rather odd timing to be actively recruiting new agents through MyPoints. I'm not sure what I think about all of this, but I do hope BzzAgent addresses many of the concerns that have been raised on the BzzLog.

Phoenix

Phoenix1
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

MyPoints & American Express Plum Campaign Empty Re: MyPoints & American Express Plum Campaign

Post by chelle Mon May 26, 2008 3:50 pm

hmmmmm.... interesting...
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

MyPoints & American Express Plum Campaign Empty Re: MyPoints & American Express Plum Campaign

Post by Rebecca1340 Mon May 26, 2008 4:00 pm

Thanks for the info. I only wish I could say it surprises me MyPoints & American Express Plum Campaign 26377
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett Mon May 26, 2008 5:23 pm

*sigh*

shitola just gets stinkier
Scarlett
Scarlett
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 882

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 26, 2008 5:39 pm

Well, well, well...it just gets more and more stinkier. I guess they are assuming that alot of dedicated agents will leave if dissatisfied with the rewards system. It really makes me feel like they don't appreciate me. I work hard for them and this is how they say thanks.

Sigh. I am with Rebecca on this though. It doesn't surprise me.
MyPoints & American Express Plum Campaign 26377

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix1 Wed May 28, 2008 9:07 am

Maybe they're thinking agents will leave due to the changes. Maybe they're wanting to recruit new agents from MyPoints because its membership represents certain demographics.

Either way, it's obvious that a great deal of thought went into their decision to partner with MyPoints. I only wish they'd involved agents in testing whether this would be a popular idea with us before going forward.

Phoenix

Phoenix1
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 252

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Wed May 28, 2008 10:11 am

Why do yall think this is weird? It is the kind of offer Mypoints is known for. Bzz has new agents signing up all of the time. This may bring even more and they will be even more able to tell the unhappy agents to stuff it, we have plenty of agents who have no complaints abut Mypoints.
Honey
Honey
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down