Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your favorite city?

+15
bizzeedee
idatater46
aurora04
tara
Maggie
Missy
edbson
kath
Connie
Scarlett
chelle
brandiland73
Rebecca1340
Ender5803
thebigscott
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What's your favorite city? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your favorite city?

Post by chelle Thu May 01, 2008 10:17 am

She included the jokers in the deck tara Smile
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KaeLynn Thu May 01, 2008 10:39 am

I'm kinda partial to Savannah, GA course I live like 2 hours from there....my Favorite place is St augustine, FL and Jekyll Island, GA (Live pretty close to those two places two)
KaeLynn
KaeLynn
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Thu May 01, 2008 10:54 am

tara wrote:
bizzeedee wrote:oh gosh, that's a tuffy. i've been in 51 of our 52 states, and probably have a favorite in each one... hmmmm, Chicago. No, er Minneapolis... wait, Mystic, CT... but then, Provincetown MA was a blast, particularly during a hurricane. Oh, and there was Cedar Springs MI... hey, they make red flannel underwear there (and believe me, you need it).

Guess I just don't have a favorite, I just love to travel and try em all !

Dee- I certainly mean no offense and I have been out of school for a while BUT, when I was there they only taught us about 50 states. LOL
Well in the "old" days, there were 52 states, but I believe two of them pulled out and left.

And if you believe that, I think I have a bridge you might be interested in lol!

To clarify, I've been in every state except Alaska. Is that better?
bizzeedee
bizzeedee
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Thu May 01, 2008 2:51 pm

I don't have a favorite either. I have lived in several places and traveled to many also. I have pretty funny stories from lots of them,almost Chevy Chase -like family vacations actually. Oh like the time my family (4 of us) went in a semi truck cab with another family (five of them). I didn't realize until we got to Denver, that it wasn't legal affraid The port of entry to Denver was fun, NOT! On that trip we went to Yellowstone, Mt Rushmore and Deadwood SD, and no one got killed, close though lol!
Our most recent trip was to Miami, Fl for Christmas. My daughter and her husband moved there last summer and this was our first trip there. It was quite some trip, starting with a 30 hour drive there, lost in Miami daily and almost arrested as a terrorist in a boat at the Port of Miami, I kid you not.
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by idatater46 Thu May 01, 2008 4:19 pm

i lived in Orlando, Florida for several years and I would like to go there now to see all the changes. I am sure I couldn't even find my way around the city now. I have liked looking throough this thread-
idatater46
idatater46
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Thu May 01, 2008 7:43 pm

bizzeedee wrote:
tara wrote:
bizzeedee wrote:oh gosh, that's a tuffy. i've been in 51 of our 52 states, and probably have a favorite in each one... hmmmm, Chicago. No, er Minneapolis... wait, Mystic, CT... but then, Provincetown MA was a blast, particularly during a hurricane. Oh, and there was Cedar Springs MI... hey, they make red flannel underwear there (and believe me, you need it).

Guess I just don't have a favorite, I just love to travel and try em all !

Dee- I certainly mean no offense and I have been out of school for a while BUT, when I was there they only taught us about 50 states. LOL
Well in the "old" days, there were 52 states, but I believe two of them pulled out and left.

And if you believe that, I think I have a bridge you might be interested in lol!

To clarify, I've been in every state except Alaska. Is that better?

LOL, I read right past it the first time and then....

"two pulled out and left" What's your favorite city? - Page 2 88315

I have no need for a bridge yet but I do have this incredible ocean front property in Okalahoma..... Very Happy
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Thu May 01, 2008 7:45 pm

Oh I forgot, I hit send too early.... what was your favorite state? Why not Alaska, didn;t want to or just never did it? I only ask because it's at the top of my list of where I'd like to visit.
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Thu May 01, 2008 7:51 pm

tara wrote:Oh I forgot, I hit send too early.... what was your favorite state? Why not Alaska, didn;t want to or just never did it? I only ask because it's at the top of my list of where I'd like to visit.

Just never did, although from time to time, we talk about taking an Alaskan cruise. DH was stationed in Alaska, so he's been there, done that kind of thing, but I would still like to see the last wilderness.

As far as favorite state? Well again, that's a hard one. I do love just about any place in NC, Estees Park in CO, and CA before the hordes and traffic (Cardiff by the Sea was great, as well Delmar, San Diego)... and then, Maui in Hawaii at Christmas... doesn't get any better. Indiana sucks (sorry for anyone who lives there)... oh, Ciccinatti (I squashed that spelling) was a neat city.. the downtown and the old part called something like Ladies Slippers... old row houses that are so colorful)...

I've always enjoyed traveling and trying new cities... as does DH... oh, New Orleans, pre-Katrina, great city. My list just goes on an on.

So besides Alaska, where do you want to visit? Hopkinsville, KY? lol! Okay, that's a stretch... but KY is a beautiful state.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Thu May 01, 2008 8:29 pm

Kentucky wasn't on my list maybe it should be. Nothing against it though just never considered it. Louisiana an Georgia... just to see houses. I went through a few rolls of film in SC just taking pictures of mt dream houses. Yup I made hubby drive around while I snapped photos of strangers houses, lol. I love big old Southern houses.

I liked Colorado and would love to do it again. Montana and Wyoming simply because I know nothing about either one but they sound interesting, lol. Of course I LOVE Disney, totally still a kid at heart and would love to go to CA for the other Disney. I have been to Flordia a few times and it appears we will be going back next year, but I am all for it. In-laws are trying to talk us into a Disney cruise. No thanks. I don't like other peoples kids, heck sometimes I don;t even like my own, lol, and in all honesty I need a vacation not a trapped in the ocean surrounded by thousands of whiny brats. I want an Alaskan cruise...

I guess living here my entire life I should at some point go the 4 hours east and visit NYC. I want to see a Broadway show.... on Broadway.
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by fergui Fri May 02, 2008 1:12 am

I'm partial to my home town... Boise, Idaho. Guess probably because I don't live there anymore and I get nostalgic. I hated it when I lived there! LOL I'm divorced and I've always said that I'd move back there when my kids are grown and on their own, though.
fergui
fergui
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2