Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Busy!

4 posters

Go down

Busy! Empty Busy!

Post by Lori Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:27 pm

We decided last week to put a drop ceiling in our basement, and we're knee deep in that project. It's complicated, because the ceiling has to be done at different heights because of some ductwork and pipes that drop down in certain areas. And it's not a handly rectangular shape, either. I just made another Home Depot run today, and I'm hoping that'll be the last one we'll have to make. We painted, too, and so far we've gone through 4 gallons of one color and one gallon of a lighter shade that we used in the stairwell and in one nook.

I love having home improvements made but I really can't stand the constant mess that goes along with them. I think men's brains are wired to only see the project that they have their hands on at the moment, but I keep looking at the big picture and trying to maintain sanity amidst the chaos. Anyhow, My goal is to make it inviting enough down there that I won't mind going down to use the exercise equipment.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Busy! Empty Re: Busy!

Post by trax Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:26 pm

I do not know to what a mans' brain is wired to affraid - sometimes I wish it was an electronic new gadget that would blast them off to Mars - where they came from! signed - Venus.
trax
trax
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:33 pm

Wow,good luck with that Lori. I would have hired a pro.No one in my home can do DIY.The only thing I can do is strip wood and paint.
agaphmou
agaphmou

Number of posts : 4523
Honeycomb :

Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:28 pm

I feel for you Lori. I have been living in that state on and off for years, in a tiny house with two kids. One project after another. No sooner do I get a room back together he is messing up another. Hate the chaos, love the results.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down