Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Share Gift Ideas

+8
Connie
idatater46
agaphmou
bizzeedee
KellyM
tara
edbson
Lori
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Let's Share Gift Ideas Empty Let's Share Gift Ideas

Post by Lori Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:00 am

Today I just had to laugh when I realized that I only have Christmas shopping done for one person so far - and that's a Great-Nephew. It sort of makes sense, since I do feel that Christmas is more for kids.

Anyhow, I'm in love with the gift I got him, so I thought I'd share. He's 8, and I got him a big coloring/drawing/activity book called Doodles: A Really Giant Coloring and Doodling Book. Each page has a different thought-provoking activity with lots of empty space for drawing or doodling.

Examples:
- The pictures on opposing pages are empty boxes and it says "Draw a present you'd like to get, then draw one you'd like to give."
- The pictures on opposing pages are of blank television sets, with one labeled News and the other labeled Weather. The pages say "It's time for the news." and "Now, it's time for the weather."
- Opposing pages show tiny music boxes with wind-up keys. "Here are two music boxes. Draw the song's they're playing."
-The pictures on opposing pages are of dogs. "These dogs look sad. Why?"

The book is under $14 at Amazon and is huge, sort of like a soft covered college textbook. I love that many of the activities can be shared, so a parent, sibling or friend can be drawing why their dog is sad at the same time you are. Best of all, I know his mom is not going to roll her eyes when he opens this gift.

http://www.amazon.com/Doodles-Really-Giant-Coloring-Doodling/dp/0811852504/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287665197&sr=8-1

So post your good finds and deals here. We can help each other find great gift ideas.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Let's Share Gift Ideas Empty Re: Let's Share Gift Ideas

Post by edbson Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:38 am

The only person I have gotten anything for is MIL. I got her a tea-for-one pot with dancing fairies, and joined her in the "tea of the month club"from theteatable.com
http://www.theteatable.com/p/TOMC12/Tea+of+the+Month+Club+-+12+Shipments+%28Monthly%29

I have ideas for Xander, Bayley and dh...but nothing bought yet. Kristin and Josh get money or GC's, but I also do "stockings" for them. really a gift bag with stuff, snacks, keychains, the odd and unusual usually. Xander wants everything he sees on TV, whether it is a girl or boy toy he says MINE, and points at the TV. Yesterday he told me " Mawmaw, AHMART NOW!" after one commercial. Bayley needs a new MP3 player, hers did not survive it's trip thru the laundry. We are also considering a Cell phone for her, she has been doing really well in school so far, and once Softball season starts she will need it.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:39 am

I like this idea!
Thanks Lori, I just put it in my cart, my daughter will love it!

I have no great ideas yet....
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:43 am

I love ____ of the Month Clubs! It's a great idea. I wish I could find something appropriate for my MIL. She drinks tea, but ONLY the cheapo bags of Red Rose or Lipton.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:25 pm

I love ___of the month clubs too. I keep hoping someone loves me enough to gift me with the Yankee Year of Fragrance....but it hasn't happened yet Sad

I have the really bitchy SIL to buy for still for x-mas. I have no idea what to buy her at all, she's so darn picky. She doesn't like anything scented, is particular about what she likes and doesn't like. She was usually the one demanding gift cards...but I refuse to get her a gift card because of that fact. She's the one that bought me the "proverbial ugly Christmas sweater" something she would NEVER wear herself..what makes her think I would wear it? But I never complained, I graciously thanked her. I have to figure out a gift for this woman...it's going to take some thinking..
KellyM
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:15 pm

Regift her the sweater.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:20 pm

lol...I threw it away I think..or gave it to Salvation Army..shortly after..can't remember which..
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:53 pm

Lori wrote:I love ____ of the Month Clubs! It's a great idea. I wish I could find something appropriate for my MIL. She drinks tea, but ONLY the cheapo bags of Red Rose or Lipton.

But maybe if she got a gift of Tea of the Month, she would be thrilled. For my everyday drinking, I drink Walmart black pekoe (which is every bit as good as Lipton)... but when I get a gift of tea from friends (hey, I actually do!), I always enjoy trying something new. My neighbor/friend was in FL last week at Disney World and brought me back a 3 tier canister of teas --a black Mad tea Party Blend (yum, it's good, black), a lemon honey camomile and a Earl Grey; 8 bags of each... So as a "cheap" tea drinker, we always enjoy when someone splurges and gives us something we might not buy.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:55 pm

KellyM wrote:I love ___of the month clubs too. I keep hoping someone loves me enough to gift me with the Yankee Year of Fragrance....but it hasn't happened yet Sad

I have the really bitchy SIL to buy for still for x-mas. I have no idea what to buy her at all, she's so darn picky. She doesn't like anything scented, is particular about what she likes and doesn't like. She was usually the one demanding gift cards...but I refuse to get her a gift card because of that fact. She's the one that bought me the "proverbial ugly Christmas sweater" something she would NEVER wear herself..what makes her think I would wear it? But I never complained, I graciously thanked her. I have to figure out a gift for this woman...it's going to take some thinking..

Ugly sweater? Think regifting LOL Okay, I have to say, I do re-gift things I don't need/care for.. but fortunately because our Newcomer's Club holds a silent auction each year, I can give stuff to them and no body every knows LOL
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:59 pm

Where were you all back in the late 90's, early 10's when I actually gave family gifts? Now days, it's strickly gift cards... teens, tweens, and younger, all have very specific tastes, and when you don't see them but once every 1-2 years, no way can I know what they like.

On the plus side, makes my Christmas shopping very easy... only have to buy for DH (which is a pain in the ass) and I bake for neighbors!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:36 pm

I gave MIL a great set of teas a few years back and found out that she regifted it. I know this because she regifted it to ME! Honest!
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:02 pm

Lori wrote:I gave MIL a great set of teas a few years back and found out that she regifted it. I know this because she regifted it to ME! Honest!
lol!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:06 pm

LMAO Dee!!!!!
agaphmou
agaphmou

Number of posts : 4523
Honeycomb :

Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:49 pm

and so..being a smartass..I went to Amazon.com and typed in "gifts for bitchy people" and this is one of the items that came up...if only I could..

http://www.amazon.com/Ephemera-Bitchy-Unstable-Mystic-Kitchen/dp/B000UCUGJI/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1287978514&sr=8-2-fkmr1
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:17 am

LOL , I should get those for my bitch sister
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by idatater46 Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:39 pm

Our family decided this Christmas, we would go old fashioned and make our gifts. I am just planning on doing chocolates and putting them in festive or usefull containers. Then baskets with various hoe made breads, jams and jellies. Trying to keep it simple on my part. Even going to scale down our Christmas dinner to make it less work.
idatater46
idatater46
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:17 pm

Homemade is best! My SILs and I do that between us. Like Sue might give each family some pickled beets and Jill might make everyone an ornament. Last year I made vanilla to give to everyone.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:39 pm

Thinking of getting bitchy SIL this: (keep in mind that I already got a pair of fuzzy slippers, some fancy schmancy christmasy soft socks, a tiny jar candle all of which will be in a basket...those I paid next to nothing for..under a fiver for all of it. This is what I was thinking to round it out and that will make the total I spent no more than $20..

http://www.amazon.com/Reduce-Melaboo-Batter-Bowl-3-Piece/dp/B002D8SAWC/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I286QH0XZQ913B&colid=D4XDADG9AIZH
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:47 pm

Kelly, I think you're much too generous.... could you consider me being another SIL?
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:04 pm

Sure....only if you don't insinuate that I don't know anything and don't tell my husband not to marry me...lol Bitchy SIL has done that and more in the past... If there werent consequences for being nasty and if I didn't believe in karma..she'd get a nice big piece of Christmas reindeer poop..
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:21 pm

sounds like the perfect present --- for her! Me? I'll take that great basket you're putting together (she's a pig!)
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:23 pm

and you still baby sit her child? someone must have sprinkled angel dust on you because you're just too sweet.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:27 pm

no the kid I babysit is one of the other SIL's kids.. my husband has 3 sisters...bitchy SIL (who lives downstate), SIL with bad, but slightly improved (atleast while they're here kids) and SIL who's schizophrenic (literally has schizophrenia) who lives in Canada. The schizophrenic sister is actually the one who makes the most sense....
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:06 am

Ohhh I am so far behind! We not only have Christmas coming but Katies bday is Nov 26... The ONLY things I have gotten are some "grandkids are great" magnetic frames that are pretty cool and we got Katie the Dragon movie that she loves.. I think there are one or two other things but I can't remember right now. (TOUGH day and evening!)
Connie
Connie

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:25 am

Oh Jesus Connie! I didn't get anything for my 5 yr old niece yet,and you just reminded me that her birthday is also in november,the 14th.Ugh! She loves barbie and Dora the explorer.I was thinking of getting her the barbie head that you can style her hair and stuff,I guess I'll get that for her birthday with a barbie movie,for christmas I have no idea what to get her.Decisions,decisons
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down