Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My crazy week.

+3
tara
Connie
thebigscott
7 posters

Go down

My crazy week. Empty My crazy week.

Post by thebigscott Sun May 16, 2010 1:04 am

This week was insane. We were robbed, got the money back, had the basement flood and soak all our off season clothing, had Scott's business partner quit, had his business partner show up for work two days later as if nothing had happened, had the cat have kittens in Caly's bed, and had a HUGE hailstorm with ping-pong to golf ball sized hailstones. That's just a smattering of the chaos of this week. How was your week?
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

My crazy week. Empty Re: My crazy week.

Post by Connie Sun May 16, 2010 3:06 am

OMG.. That is AWFUL.. how did you get robbed?

I have had an AWESOME week which doesn't happen much around here. Last Saturday was Race for the Cure which did NOT work out as anticipated but which was still nice. Today my eldest graduated from College with her Bachelors and all my family is here to celebrate which for my mom means LOT'S of shopping. It's always fun but hectic. She brought Katie her very own brand new laptop so it was great to see big happy smiles. PLUS my niece and nephew and brother in law ALL came with my sister for the celebration so it was extra special.

Then come this Friday we are on a plane (me, katie and eldest) to Disneyland..

All in all.. life is pretty darn good right now.. The only thing that could make it better is if we won the lottery tonight and I just don't know it yet Smile
Connie
Connie
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Sun May 16, 2010 10:36 am

Have fun at Disney!

It's been a crazy interesting week, we have to get ready for the girl scout banquet or I would tell you all about it
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sun May 16, 2010 11:18 am

Connie, are you going to Disneyland in Anaheim? DH and I were there once in '82 I think. My two memories of that day are not being able to ride the Matterhorn because it was closed (later found out that someone had died on the track - suicide) and thinking I was going to die while watching the Country Bear Jamboree. I did that thing where you swallow the wrong way and started coughing and couldn't stop. But I was so embarrassed that I was trying NOT to cough, so I wasn't really breathing very well. I can remember thinking how odd it would be to die while those bears were pickin' and grinnin'. Smile

I've had a fairly good week. My mood has been all over the map, but I've been more up than down.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Sun May 16, 2010 11:33 am

OMG...you were robbed? What happened?
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sun May 16, 2010 12:00 pm

Mine has been .. hectic. even by my standards..

Bow left the water on in the bathtub on BR's day off, (his day off means the TV is on from 6am-1am and the kids do NOTHING at all) and we didnt realize it till Rayley ccame home from school at 5 and walked through ankle deep water. It flooded the entire bathroom with about 3 inches, soaked through her wall and 1/4 of her carpet, and under my kitchen cabinets and came into my kitchen- while I was trying to put together a cake that weighed around 50 pounds and was almost 2 foot by 3 foot. WHILE I was trying to get that cleaned up (telling kids what to do, as I was ass deep in the cake, AND supper was being cooked, and blah blah blah), BR sat in his lazy boy. He was trying to rest, because he wasnt taking the day off, just taking a 24 hour break from when he came home at 7 the night before so he could go back out and work all night. But damn- I was a stretched a wee bit thin...

I had a HUGE cake due. got it done, tried to deliver it and the water fell off, had to rush to a friends house, make more piping gel and fix it, PLUS, BR called me and wanted a 'report' on all the bills and bankstatements and payoffs and all that crap. which takes HOURS to put together. He never understands my system, and even when everything is perfect he finds SOMETHING to bitch about.

never did buy groceries or feed that day.

My tween boys have been having the male version of PMS and HIA all week and not doing anything right.

Worked all week on the JAKES event for the 5-12 year olds- was supposed to shop for that on friday, had to put it off on someone else. which I felt BAD about. Had one person cancle (the bug ID guy) and my EMT for outdoor first aid literly ignored me. had to scramble to find someone to fill those places- luckily I had a nurse friend who works 2 hours away drive in from work that morning and do it for me!!

Woke up late on saturday, tried to get the kids going in the 30 minutes we had to get to town, ended up being an hour late for set up. And found out my kids had NO jeans to wear. I had told Matt the night before "get all your jeans and wash them" (they want to do their own laundry so they dont have to help with the folding of everyones) he went and did that. told Brett a few hours later to put them in the dryer and please put on a load of his daddy's pants, carhartt shirts and a few pairs of socks. he did. I went to get it out that morning and there was ONE pair of jeans with holes all the way around the knee's, one towell, one pair of PJ bottoms, a pair of MY capris, and a pair of pants that they are only allowed to wear around here to work in. BR's clothes I put in the dryer had 2 pair of jeans, 1 shirt, and 3 of MY socks. (and BR is a man, so he will see that he has 5 shirts clean, and only want to wear the green one that is dirty. they are all the same, only differnt colors, but he just loves to find SOMETHING to bitch about. )

Ran my ass off all day dealing with kids (well over 50 of them- great turn out but next time I am sneaking some prozac in some kids hot dogs..)- got the first part of the day done with few mishaps, went to the other side of the park, where they were shooting guns, bows and arrows and fishing.
Only I could take my kids to a place where there were firearms, arrows, and sharp fishhooks and my child would fall on the gravel and bust his head wide open. Blood gushing EVERYWHERE. he was fine. and it was ALL his fault. he was throwing rocks in the parking lot, and I told him twice to stop. He ignored me, and the last time he threw one he spun around and fell flat on his back.

we got a towell and some ice water and finally stopped the bleeding, then decided that it wasnt worth an ER visit because they wouldnt do more than one stitch. the nurse was still there and helped me.

Then Rayley who had a blast ALL day decided she hated it when it was time to close up because she didnt catch any fish, and had spent all her time fishing that she didnt get to shoot the guns (it was HER BB gun they were shooting, its not like she cant do it at home). So I got to listen to her whining along with Bow's head bleeding like a stuck hog.

THEN, I went to drop off a kid who helped out and brought home a goat. in the front seat of my truck. had to stop and get some feed (500lbs that I got to unload on my own) and HAD to buy some groceries and the fixings for a cake that is due TODAY. Ever take a kid with blood all over their clothes and in their hair to walmart? yeah- it was fun...

was TOO tired to even make the fondant last night for the cake, my feet hurt so bad I had to make myself get up to go and pee. LOL Oh and we had to feed, water and deal with all the animals. plus I really need to double check the pasture fence before I put a goat in there so I had to find a temp home for her. and while toting her across the hog pen to a holding pen in back I caught a stob of a tree and fell..

BR is working nights this week, so to stay awake he called me all night, or just stayed on the phone for hours at a time. meaning I didnt go to sleep till after 2am. tried to get out of bed at 5. couldnt. finally got up at 7 and started my cakes. put the fondant ingrediants in the mixer and it blew up. I havent even made the buttercream yet. This cake is due in a few hours and I cant afford to replace the mixer.

Oh and I havent folded laundry in a week, cant see my couch, have about 9 loads on the floor of my bathroom, and the kids rooms are awful. AND I cant do anything really, because I have to go through my bedroom to do laundry, BR is in there asleep. I know that if I run the dishwasher he will decide to get up early and go to work and have NO hot water for a shower, or complain because I made too much noise unloading it. I cant vaccum, or anything like that, it will wake him up. blah blah blah.

But, at least I didnt have money stolen, did get to see dozens of kids that wouldnt get to do great things like see skulls, and touch a baby aligator or catch bugs, or shoot get to do it. slept in my own bed with out a furnace behind me, or a kicking machine in front of me, havent heard anyone whine the word "moooom" today since my SIL still has my kids, broke down and got a goat, which is an animal I LOVE, but due to a past heartbreaking expeirience refused to get any of for many many years. And get to do a cake today that is for a charity event raffle, raising money for cancer.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun May 16, 2010 9:55 pm

Here's how we got robbed. Scott had worked out a deal with a family friend to haul off some of the stuff his dad hoarded and sell it for scrap. The friend (Wayne) called Scott to tell him he had some money for him. $1600 cash. Scott said, I'm not home but I will be in a few minutes. Wayne is in a hurry and says is there someplace I can leave it. Scott tells him leave it under the driver's seat in our car. I was home and I don't know why Scott didn't just say leave it with Karen. I think he thought I wasn't at home since I'd told him that I needed to run some errands. Anyhow, Wayne left the cash in my car. Only he's got someone who works for him in his truck with him. When they stop for gas a few minutes later the guy calls his wife from his cell phone and tells her where the cash is. So a few minutes later the wife shows up at our door. She says she's looking for her husband to bring him lunch and asks is he on the farm. I tell her no, and she starts to leave. Her kid got out to play with Quinn so she's fussing at him to get back in the car just as Scott drives up. Of course I have no idea there's $1600 in cash in my car so I didn't think anything of it. But she drives off, Scott goes to the car and looks, realizes it's gone and that she took it, and he calls Wayne. When Wayne answers his phone and says 'Hey Scott' the guy whose wife stole the cash jumps out of the parked truck and takes off running. So we call the police, give reports, etc. The police officer says he's going to pick them up and mirandize them and they'll think they're under arrest. Then he'll lie and say we have surveilance video and have them caught dead to rights and that we'll drop the charges in exchange for the money back. He says that the way the laws are, people who get arrested for stealing are actually prosecuted for the things that go along with the theft... breaking an entering, selling of stolen goods, etc. But the theft itself is a civil matter. So we're screwed unless the idiots confess or give back the cash.

But, apparently it worked. The man's mom and his wife' aunt showed up the next day to give us the money and beg us to not prosecute them. They stayed and talked for at least two hours because once they got here, they met Scott and Wayne and found out how much the husband was making working for Wayne (good money by local standards) and realized he'd been lying to them and telling them he didn't have money when he did so that he could get more money from them. While I was happy to get the money back, I felt bad for them because I'm fairly certain they paid us with their own cash rather than getting the money from the ones who stole it. We all think that they're on drugs. Probably meth since that's really big around here, but who knows.

When we thought the money was just gone Wayne said that he'd pay Scott back the money but Scott told him to only pay back half since Scott told him it was ok to put it there. I thought that was really nice of Wayne. He's a good guy.

Meanwhile Scott's partner on the car lot ran off. He listened to someone who was trying to manipulate him and decided that Scott was taking all the profits so far and spending them on our family rather than giving him his share. Um, no. There aren't really any profits yet. In fact, it's the other way around. The business is still operating at a loss and we're paying the bills for it out of our pockets rather than out of profits.

It didn't bother me that he was leaving if he's going to go listen to idiots and take their ideas without checking the facts. But it would leave us in a tough position because Scott starts his summer teaching job in just a few weeks and can't be on hand to run the lot day to day. And he can't yet afford to pay someone to run it. So that sucks too. I'll try to help out but it would be hard to have Quinn running around down there. There's a lot he could get hurt on. So I'd have to have a sitter maybe? Or do some major childproofing. Zaven will be gone for his summer program and I'm not sure Caly is up to watching both Zoe and Quinn all day every day. She's almost 14 but that's a lot.

Then I found out that our outside water line (where the hose hooks up) is leaking water into the basement and all our off season clothes got soaked. I'll have a huge water bill, Scott will have hours of repair work to fix it since the leak is underground, and of course I have to wash all the clothes because they're soaking wet in dirty water and will mildew.

While we were still dealing with that, Scott's partner showed back up to work at the car lot as if nothing had happened. There were customers there and Scott couldn't talk to him for a while without having a public scene so it was really strange. When he finally got him alone Scott started to talk with him and the guy apologized, but Scott thinks there's something physically wrong like maybe diabetes out of whack or medication that needs adjusted. Scott said he didn't talk like himself and didn't seem quite right mentally. So while he wants to have a sit down talk with him, he didn't do it there and then because he wasn't sure that his partner would even remember it later.

They are partners, but on paper the business is all Scott's and the partnership only extends to individual cars that they purchased together. So there isn't really a risk of this guy running off with bank funds or filing a law suit. But it's put us in a strange position because we do need a partner, but not an unstable one.

On the plus side, Scott and I are both eerily calm about it all. We're in a daze I suppose. But we aren't fighting or freaking out or blaming each other. I'm on edge because of trying to get the clothes washed and dried before they rot, but we haven't been yelling or fussing and Scott and the kids are helping too.

But what a week!

Chelle, I feel for you about the water. You'd think clean water from the tap wouldn't be a big deal when it leaks but if you get enough, it's absolute chaos. Are your walls, carpet, cabinets, etc drying out and going to be okay? Or will there be damage?
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sun May 16, 2010 10:41 pm

I didn't get robbed, or get a goat....although my neighbor now has 2 pygmy goats, and I am thinking Cabrito's.They are LOUD!

I babysat for my friends Thursday, was exhausted after all the cleaning, running, sitting and ball practice i did ( 2 -8.5 month olds with fevers will exhaust you).
got a call at 2:15 am friday morning, my friend G's Dh asking me to drive over the bridge to get his Mom, he had just found out his Dad died, and was too far away. G would have gone, but she would have had to wake and take 4 kids, all of them sick. I went and got her, took her to their house, consoled, helped make plans( they are my substitute parents) finally got into bed about 2 am Sat monring, after being up 24 hours..... and then made dinner for all of them last night. Finally got to bed about 1:30 am last night, and at 7:15 am my phone rang.....wrong number......so I am hoping this week is better, although we have a memorial on Sat. I will hopefully get some sleep.I NEED 10 hours, or I don't function well.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Mon May 17, 2010 10:00 am

And my friends Mom is getting packages everyday, Jerry was ordering stuff online and from one of the home shopping networks while In the hospital....so now she is getting all kinds of appliances,and gas grills etc. Stuff he planned on using......
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon May 17, 2010 10:32 am

Oh Erin, that is SOO hard.. and to have stuff comeing in that he ordered! Sad

Karen, its a trailer.. its FUBAR.. LOL

it has dried up pretty much, but the kids always make such a mess in there that I dont knwo how that floor hasnt already rotted out.

Erin, if for some reason the goats have to run away- call me, I'll meet them half way ;-) LOL

Yesterday I got the John Deere image cut out and had it laying and drying a little before I put it on the cake. one of the kids (they blame Bow) decided to poke and prod it.

had to redo it.

then that one stuck to the cutting board.

the next one messed up while I was trying to lay it down,

the next one ended up with water spotches on it while I was trying to hot ice the cake again, and finally I got it put on there- crooked... LOL
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Mon May 17, 2010 5:55 pm

So it is storming, black clouds, lightening, the whole bit. Bnut was outside and I told her to come in before she got struck by lightening. Her reply: well , it'll be quick.........sigh
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down