Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Friday / Cyber Monday shopping

+5
Lori
agaphmou
edbson
tara
thebigscott
9 posters

Go down

Black Friday / Cyber Monday shopping Empty Black Friday / Cyber Monday shopping

Post by thebigscott Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:47 am

I stopped by Wal-mart this morning to see about getting one of the $18 microwaves. It was total chaos in there. I didn't get the microwave, but did pick up a couple of $2 movies (Blazing Saddles and American History X). We're holding off buying the new TV until tomorrow. I've been reading consumer reports and they rate all the Samsung TV's very high. That was the same brand the TV repairman recommended. He wasn't selling TV's, either. He was the guy who told us it would cost more to fix ours than to buy a new one. Scott asked him for recommendations on which brands lasted longer, were cheaper to fix, etc. He said Samsungs had a very low rate of problems and when they did have problems, the components were made so that he could replace just the faulty circuit, not the whole array. So we'll be buying one of the Samsungs that go on sale tomorrow.

I did stop by Rite Aid and also Walgreens. I got a ton of free-after-rebate stuff. I'm very happy about that. And I ordered a portable DVD player online at Walmart.com. They were all out in the store, but still had some on the web. We used to have one and it made long trips with the kids so much easier. I didn't let them use it for just around town, because in general I like to talk to them in the cars. But on an 8 hour drive to see family, a good distraction is essential.

How 'bout you guys? Any good shopping or are you steering clear of the chaos?
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Black Friday / Cyber Monday shopping Empty Re: Black Friday / Cyber Monday shopping

Post by tara Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:14 am

You couldn't pay me to go out there, lol. I was actually going to hit Toys R Us at midnight for the Seinfeld scene it game for my brother on sale for $9.99. I was wondering if they would do it online so I checked out the site to see if it said anything and it was in the clearance bin for $6.99! So I snagged it and stayed home. My mom went to Walmart and I feel awful. She got me one of the $198 laptops, my SILS are splitting it for MIL and it wasn't online so I asked her if she'd grab me one while she was there. She said she waited from 2:30 and got the second to last coupon and by the time she got to what she was going for- it was all gone. So all she ended up with was my laptop Sad

I got up at 6 and everything I wanted was already sold out online. All I ended up with this morning was a router to go with the laptop.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Black Friday / Cyber Monday shopping Empty Re: Black Friday / Cyber Monday shopping

Post by edbson Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:23 am

Not me, slept till 10.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:32 am

Just woke up at 10 also,I'm so tired from yesterday.I might just go back to bed lol
agaphmou
agaphmou

Number of posts : 4523
Honeycomb :

Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:50 pm

I ended up shopping Kohl's online for a Kitchenaid stand mixer. DH talked me into the 600 Pro model. Was on sale for $399 minus 15% (Early Bird) minus another 15% (promo code), plus I'll get a $50 rebate from Kitchenaid and $10 per $50 spent to use on a future Kohl's purchase.

I'm shopping at shoes.com now. There's an additional 25% off sale shoes with the promo code YAMS.

Just browsing all over. Not wanting to go out in the rain/snow mix.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:37 pm

REALLY nice deal on the kitchenaid,good going.I'd love to get one myself,maybe next year.
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:59 pm

I didnt even try.

for one, I have too many kids- for two, I aint buyin much for the year..

But thanks Karen, you reminded me that I need to find a portable DVD player. I have one with 2 screens. But I dont even know if it works anymore. And somehow in a truck cleaning someone took the wires out and brought them in, and now I cant find the cord that connects it to the power supply. Bow is the age that he might enjoy it.

Lori, Great Find!! I have been wanting a kitchenaid for a while. But would never spend the money on one. then my dad found a sunbeam at walmart a few days ago, it was a much bigger motor than the kitchenaide they had on the blackfriday sale- it was on clearence from like 169 to 89. He asked me if I wanted it. Since I know I"ll never get the KA I jumped at the chance Smile LOL

Tara, OH NO!! but its so nice what your doin! thats a REALLY good price too. and maybe what she went for will be found cheaper soon Smile keep looking I hope you find it.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:55 pm

Tara, let us know what your mom was after and we can help you fnd a great deal on it for her.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by briteasafirefly Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:40 pm

i skipped the black friday craziness...too tired from yesterday, don't need to spend the money as I'd be buying for myself.
Instead I spent the afternoon with my cousin and family from northern california.... my cousin is deploying tomorrow for afganistan, so we've been trying to get in as much time as possible with him. Now I'm home and going to take a nap before possibly taking him out tonight for last night rowdiness.
briteasafirefly
briteasafirefly
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 625
Honeycomb : the doomed level 6
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:03 am

Hope you had fun briteasa firefly! and God Bless your cousin!!

yes Tara, we might can find it Smile
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:54 am

She didn't tell me.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:16 pm

Brite, please send your cousin and his comrades our most sincere Thank You for their hardships and service. They may not feel overly appreciated, but they are.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:59 pm

briteasafirefly wrote:i skipped the black friday craziness...too tired from yesterday, don't need to spend the money as I'd be buying for myself.
Instead I spent the afternoon with my cousin and family from northern california.... my cousin is deploying tomorrow for afganistan, so we've been trying to get in as much time as possible with him. Now I'm home and going to take a nap before possibly taking him out tonight for last night rowdiness.

Bless your cousin, the soldier.... I so appreciate what these people are doing for their country. Even when we do agree with this war crap... they are putting lives on the line. May God Bless an keep him safe from harm!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:03 am

No shopping for me... we're pretty much a Gift Card family.... but even if not, no way would I get up at 4 or earlier in the morning to face those maniacs! Razz or get pushed around

And besides, we were in St. Louis and hear horror stories from the young nieces in NIL's about their experiences... oh no way LOL
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by briteasafirefly Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:13 pm

I'm still recovering from taking him and some of his fellow Marines out for a last night on the town...its going to be a long 7 months, but he is ready for it while family is very much worried for him.
I will let him know of your appreciation!
briteasafirefly
briteasafirefly

Number of posts : 625
Honeycomb : the doomed level 6
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:32 pm

thebigscott wrote: but did pick up a couple of $2 movies (Blazing Saddles and American History X).

Blazing Saddles was great...twice, then it gets old ... but I'll bet the kids will never think that !
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:37 pm

briteasafirefly wrote:I'm still recovering from taking him and some of his fellow Marines out for a last night on the town...its going to be a long 7 months, but he is ready for it while family is very much worried for him.
I will let him know of your appreciation!

Kudos to you briteasaifirefly... it's wonderful when citizens adopt a service personnel... considring all they're doing for us. Like you in San Diego, I too am near a big base (Ft. Campbell home of the 101st)... and many of us take in soliders for holiday dinners... hardly enough, but it makes them feel good.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:57 am

Post any good deals you find online today here ladies...!!
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:59 am

kitchenaid mixers 33 percent off at macys.com,free shipping with 75 dollar purchase,code CYBER
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:01 am

IT doesn't help me though,I need to get an ipod touch for my godson nephew Razz He's got expensive taste for a ten yr old lol
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:19 am

Ipod touch is $295 at walmart, that is the cheapest I have found. Bayley wants one, but she would probably lose it, so she is getting a Zen, $64 is better than a couple of hundred.

http://freesamplefreak.com/cyber-monday-deals-2009/

Cyber monday deals!
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:34 am

heck yeah,my own mp3 player cost me 12 dollars,but this is the second ipod i'm getting the munchkin.He doesn't lose them,just wants an upgrade.Anyway he's a good kid,he deserves something nice
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down