Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Typical monday

5 posters

Go down

Typical monday Empty Typical monday

Post by edbson Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:18 pm

OK, my weekend was bad enough. We had a ball galme friday night, was a tie, but the "other coach( I am the manager, and in charge) decided to yell at my kids about playing badly. They played quite well IMO, and are 11-13, so GEEZ. An argument ensued, a big one.
Then Kristin called me late friday night asking me to come get Xman. She has Food poisoning, and could not function. I picked him up, brought him to DH, and brought Kristin to the ER. They gave her IV's, a huge Phenergan shot, and some meds for pain. I had Xman till about noon yesterday, when Kristin could actually get out of bed.
DH and I put in 100 feet of fence yesterday afternoon, and although it was work, I am glad we did it. We needed to.

Went to the Grocery store this morning, they didn't want to take my coupons, NOT just the IP's, ANY of them. I got ticked, left about $200 worth of stuff on the counter and walked out. Went to Kroger. Everything went fine until i was leaving. Their door beeper theft thingy went off, like it does EVERYTIME someone walks out the door. Well, they decided to bug me, and the manager insisted he needed to check my bags. WTF? HE JUST BAGGED my groceries. I pointed this out and he said " well ma'am, we will have to check your purse. UM not without a warrant, but I will wait while you call the judge. I started to walk out again, and he tried to grab my arm....I made it clear if he touched me he was going to get it back broken, and I left. I am apparently now "banned from all Krogers" ....but their corporate office says the manager is on his way out....this is apparently not the first time he has tried to assault someone...LOL

I think I need a nap, maybe it will get better?
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Typical monday Empty Re: Typical monday

Post by tara Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:17 pm

I would have hit him... and called the cops. How dare he touch you, I am so not person that likes to be touched by strangers.
I hope Kristin gets over it quickly, food poisoning sucks big time.
Yup a nap couldn't hurt. Hope your day improves! Typical monday 820607
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:41 pm

I don't think I've ever been checked when it beeps. I always wonder why they even bother putting them in when they don't pay any attention to it. Wait. I take that back. I was checked one time at Wal-mart. The beeper went off and a woman checked by bags. (I don't mind if they do.) Then when it turned out that it beeped because I bought a movie and I had the receipt to show I paid for it, she gave me a two-liter of pepsi because the error had been the store's. She said it's their policy that if they are at fault, they buy you a soda. Seems fair to me. I HAVE had to go back into the store to return an item shoplifted by one of my kids. You know, gum from the candy rack or a little flashlight they nicked while I was putting the bags in the cart. Two year olds are naturaly born theives. I would probably die of embarrassment if they had found stolen gum in my bags when they checked them.

I don't think it's right when they ask to search your purse or put their hands on you, but I also don't know how I'd handle it if I thought someone was stealing from my store. I would SO want to stop them, not just chalk it up as a loss or even just take their liscense number and call the cops.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:48 pm

My hubby and I have been stopped a few times over the years leaving walmart, we all play video games and hubby is a computer programmer/geek, so we often buy things here and there from the electronics section. The tags weren't deactivated by the employees, once or twice we mentioned it right at cash and asked if the tag was deactivated because we didn't want to be embarrassed. They said, "Oh it should be okay but if it isn't you have your receipt." My hubby works with some high mucky mucks who actually shop that walmart and if they were to see him pulled off to the side and checking his bags, it might make for an uncomfortable situation at work. They never gave us anything for our trouble...
Erin I can understand why you would be so P'd off... I know that the store employees have their jobs they have to do, but I think they could learn to be a bit more tactful about it.
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:58 pm

I saw a bunch of kids stealing condoms and PG tests at Walgreens one day.... I told the asst manager, she said yeah we know we've been watching them but we aren't allowed to do anything about it. ???????
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:25 pm

It's not like I was stealing, the dang beeper goes off everytime someone walks out. He just decided to pick on me today, and got told pretty quick how it was going to go....
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:18 pm

Oh I'm so sorry, Erin! I just realized that it sounded like I was implying you might steal! I know that YOU wouldn't. I just meant that if I ran a mom and pop store I'd always be checking bags when the beeper went off. And if someone refused, I'd be so tempted to call the cops. Now if I worked at a Wal-mart I'd be so used to the beeper going off for no reason that I wouldn't dream of asking someone to let me search her purse. And I SO don't think it's right to choose which people you're going to search and which people you're just going to let go on through. I'm sure some people would abuse that and only search blacks or only poorly dressed people or only young women that they want to stalk. Not cool at all.

I'm so sorry you had a bad day. Maybe you'll have a run of GOOD luck next.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:14 pm

I've been beeped, but nobody has ever tried to search my purse. When stores beep a lot, the employees usually know which items are triggering the problem, so they usually give a cursory look through your bag and say "yep, I thought it was a DVD". I think my mouth would drop open if someone said "OK, now I'm going to search your purse". I'm just not sure what I'd say.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down