Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

never shopping in the next town again

+7
agaphmou
thebigscott
Lori
tara
KellyM
trax
edbson
11 posters

Go down

never shopping in the next town again Empty never shopping in the next town again

Post by edbson Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:11 pm

I ran to HEB over the bridge for a few things. It is in the next town, 7 miles away, not a great neighborhood, but cheaper than our local store. SO, I am loading the stuff in the car when this kid/teen walks up, shows me an obit from the paper and gives me some story about how his mama died and he is asking people for money instead of going to her funeral.
So I told him, I got no money, just spent it in the store....not exactly true but seriously, find another line of BS. So as I am telling him this I see him reach behind his back, into his pants. Honestly, I didn't even think, but before he cleared his waistband I had already drawn on him. I carry a snubnose 38 revolver in my purse, a special concealed carry purse with a quick release holster, but that is beside the point.
I made it VERY clear that is he so much as twitched I would pop one off in him . By this point I think the lady in the car next to me had called the police, not sure...someone did. They came right quick, musta been out of donuts, and took the kid in. They also have my weapon, and I have to go sign a report later, and let them have a copy of my carry license.
The cops were not surprised, that neighborhood and him being a teen, and they were also not shocked that a female was carrying, and willing to use it. He tried to tell them all kinds of crap about how I hit him with it, and I threatened him first etc....

SO, I have not told DH, and I really would rather not, BUT the gun is registered in his name, and he has to prove ownership to get it back. I already called the store, and they will get the file.....but geez, he is gonna want me to stay home, or here in town...
I did get a little freaked when I was leaving, adrenaline I guess....I started shaking, but I am good now, glad noone got hurt, and kinda pissed all the same.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

never shopping in the next town again Empty Re: never shopping in the next town again

Post by trax Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:32 pm

edbson - Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven material you are!
trax
trax
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

never shopping in the next town again Empty Re: never shopping in the next town again

Post by KellyM Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:33 pm

So glad you weren't hurt! Honestly, he could very easily have been carrying a gun, knife, etc...if I were your hubby I would be relieved that in a situation like that I knew you could protect yourself..
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:39 pm

Busy day Erin. Glad it turned out okay and good luck with DH.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:10 pm

Holy cow!

I would've been shaking in my shoes.

pale
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:14 pm

He had a knife, in his waistband.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:07 pm

I agree with Trax. You must be cut from the finest cloth because you could not have done any better. So many people who do carry guns don't really know how to handle them. They panic and start shooting before they even aim, or they aren't really prepared to use it and end up being shot with their own weapon. You did the exact right thing in the circumstances.

I hope you get the gun back, that DH doesn't freak, and that the kid gets his life turned around. He could come back from this since no one was hurt. Maybe this will cause him to think about his choices and start making better ones. I know it's not likely, but maybe.

Are you feeling calmer now? I'm like you. I usually do fine in an emergency. But afterwards I get shaky or cry or feel like I'm gonna puke. It's just the adrenaline, but it's not fun.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:15 pm

You go girl!!!!!!!! Very Happy
agaphmou
agaphmou

Number of posts : 4523
Honeycomb :

Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:17 pm

Reminds me of the time when one of my girlfriends who was very very pregnant at the time was mugged in the supermarket parking lot,she was ok but lost her money,credit cards,drivers license etc.
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:29 pm

This makes me sick...men preying on pregnant women or little old grandmas minding their own business in the parking lot.

never shopping in the next town again 277833
*duck*
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:55 pm

thebigscott wrote:
Are you feeling calmer now? I'm like you. I usually do fine in an emergency. But afterwards I get shaky or cry or feel like I'm gonna puke. It's just the adrenaline, but it's not fun.

After 3 glasses of wine and some bakerella cake balls I am really good.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:38 pm

By God I'm proud of you! Smile

Thats what the ccp is all about, as a criminal you never know if who your screwing with has a gun or not.

And it really does deter crime Smile

I REALLY need to save the money and get mine and BR's.

Its always best to have it and never need it then to need it and not have it.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:31 pm

OMG ! sounds like a an episode from a crime show! I say let DH know.. MY GOD, you were doing what you've learned to do... protect hearth and home, or in this case grocery cart and YOUR life!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:10 pm

i agree!
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:05 pm

Dh was not happy with the police, but he understood, and made me promise to never shop there again. If it were up to him I would never leave a bubble.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:09 pm

Yikes! That's scary! Glad you're ok and that there was a witness there who I'm sure confirmed your story to the police. I'd be wanting a few drinks after something like that too!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:27 am

I'm so glad you are OK!
aurora04
aurora04
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down