Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good shopping

4 posters

Go down

Good shopping Empty Good shopping

Post by thebigscott Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:44 pm

I had a bunch of errands to run this afternoon and decided to stop at the local thrift stores while I was out without the kids to see if I could find shoes for Zoe and Quinn. I didn't find any for her, but I did find shoes for him and a ton of other things for next to nothing.

I spent about $50 at three different stores and got:

-Used leather Nikes for Quinn. They're in good condition despite being used and were only $2. They fit perfect.
-2 Hawaiian dresses for Caly that are actually from Hawaii and beautifully made. When she tried them on, it looked like they'd been made for her.
-Leopard print jeans for Caly.
-A leopard print halloween outfit for Zoe. It's too big, but it will be easy to trim the sleaves and pants to fit. She's been begging for one for weeks.
-4 brand new pairs of thick cotton tights for Zoe in different designs
-A summer shirt for Zoe for next year. It's purple with a Hawaiian print, although not actually from Hawaii.
-A summer shirt for Quinn for maybe 2 years from now. It's also got a Hawaiian print. Maybe someone just had a luau?
-A Gymboree fleece shirt for Quinn.
-10 pairs of socks for Zoe, all brand new. They're just basic white but they fit and are comfy. I like to get all their socks in the same color so I don't have to match socks all day long.
-and a pair of shoes for Zoe to grow into. They didn't have any her size but these were cute as can be so I decided to buy ahead.

All the clothes looked brand new. They had no wear at all. The shoes did look like they'd been worn, but almost all the tread was there so they hadn't beeen worn much. And kids shoes look worn after only a few days anyway. Even if I bought new shoes they'd look like these do in next to no time. I was so happy to find shoes for Quinn. His feet grew a whole size last month and he only has one pair of shoes that fit and they're sandals. I only need ones for Zoe now. My kids have huge feet, btw. Caly just got back from visiting family in New England with my mom. She found out that her feet are bigger than her cousin's. He's 3 years older than she is and a boy, but her feet are bigger. She's already in an 11 1/2 and she's only 13 years old. If they get bigger we'll be special ordering.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Good shopping Empty Re: Good shopping

Post by bizzeedee Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:55 pm

great deals... a new thrift store just opened in my town... peeked in the window today and it looked pretty nice (didn't have time to stop and shop)... I've gotten some great buys when I have visited these type of stores... I have no qualms about find a good buy... heck, I give a lot of my clothes to them... and the quality I give is great ... as obviously do others.

You got a heck of a lot for just $50 ... Aloha Surprised
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:45 am

Woo Hoo Karen!
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:10 pm

I forgot something from the list! I also got a wall clock that has places to add photos around the numbers. When I showed it to the kids I told them they could give it to Grandma for Christmas and add drawings or pictures. Caly immediately said it was a "Weasley Clock" and we should add words like Home, Work, Traveling, and Mortal Danger around the edges. I laughed but said maybe we should leave off the Mortal Danger.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by amybeccaz Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:42 am

How fun! I love finding great deals at the thrift stores, however the ones around here are so stinking expensive. I won't, and refuse to pay $6.98 for a pair of crappy old shoes for me & my girls. UGH!
amybeccaz
amybeccaz
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2008-04-12

http://www.twocuteblondies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down