Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day After Christmas Shopping

+8
Sharon
thebigscott
Muggins
edbson
aurora04
tara
Lori
bizzeedee
12 posters

Go down

Day After Christmas Shopping Empty Day After Christmas Shopping

Post by bizzeedee Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:00 pm

Gosh, I can't believe that here it is, almost 5pm, and no one has started a thread on shopping today! The bargains were definitely out there. I set out about 10:30, got home at 2.

I wasn't looking for anything in particular, just the great buy of the year. Atlas, I didn't find it Sad Well I found lots, but nothing that screamed "buy me".

Tried on a couple different items, but not a good fit. Only ended up with Christmas cards for next year, some cashews on sale at Walgreen's, and Christmas Gift for my Newcomers Club group exchange next year. Now that was a buy. A $20 whimsical Santa that I got for $5. So cute, I bought 2 of them. Figured I'd find a use for one of them come next Christmas. Oh, and I bought a couple of items for the Newcomers Silent auction which is always held in Nov. A boxed Christmas card/stationery set with a savable storage box for $4 and a sweet Angel Pin with the words Believe on her and a verse on the card... that was 75% off which brought it down to around $2.

But I'll say, even as late as I was out shopping there were lots of great deals to be had.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Day After Christmas Shopping Empty Re: Day After Christmas Shopping

Post by Lori Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:54 pm

I never left the house today. I figured if I didn't need it before Christmas I don't need it now. I tried talking DS into looking online at shoes that were 70% off, but he wasn't in the shopping mood, either.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:29 pm

Same here, stayed in my jammies all day and tried to find my floors. My children are spoiled rotten, and hubby and I are too for that matter. It takes forever to get my house back in order- but we got the tree out today so it's a start.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:06 pm

Stores aren't open here today, so our sales don't start until tomorrow. I actually have to venture out of the house tho. DH's birthday is on January 2, so I like to get his birthday gift right after Christmas in case we get bad weather or something. Plus DH got me a camera for Christmas, but I need to get a case for it, so I'm hoping one of the stores has a camera case on sale or something (but I don't think so by the few online fliers I looked at).
aurora04
aurora04
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:06 pm

I did laundry today, got up this morning and it looked like toys r us puked in our travel trailer. Not alot of room in here, so time for major reorganizing. Besides,I am not sure Bayley would have left her new lappie for long.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggins Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:21 pm

There is absolutely nothing that I need or want that could possibly induce me to go into a store in the few days after Christmas! I heard here on the news this evening that sales in January could be better than the Boxing Day sales are now - and that prospect doesn't make me want to shop either!
Muggins
Muggins
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 249
Honeycomb : Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:12 am

I've been traveling and visiting for most of the holidays so I haven't had a chance to shop. But, I'm planning to do quite a bit of it this week. I'm hoping that my older kids (teens) can babysit the younger ones (toddlers) and I can hit the clearance sales and also use up some of my coupons before they expire. I've actually put off a few purchases until now in the hopes of scoring a great deal.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharon Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:36 am

Aerospetle (speliing it wrong) had a wicked good sale $10 off coupon(print coupon off there site) when you spend $40 --I got 8 shirts for my daughter for $30 -- the shirts were $5 dollars each then 2 pairs of pants for $30 -- I printed out a few coupons.. Also on the reciept there are $10 off coupons on $40 for next time

Claires had a good sale going on also 50-75% off some store items which worked for us since all the nitemare befor Xmas stuff was part of it..She walked out of the store with alot for $30 -plus if you spend over $20 you get a gift card for next time of $10 off and then she got a free camera and free key chain

Hot Topic had $10 off jeans which I thought was good so her jeans were $24 not bad for that store then also had 15% off coupon ..

Hollister -had the back part of the store all clearance items she got a sweatshirt for $25,00

I did not think the Mall was that bad ..but we also went at 7pm
Sharon
Sharon
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 319
Honeycomb : level 6 -1 gold keys
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:39 pm

I didn't have much of a chance to shop today, but I ran by wal-mart and got some of the LED Christmas lights on 50% off sale. I probably could have waited until later for a better deal, but several things had already sold out and I really wanted to get some. Better for the environment and they'll save me as much as I spent on them in a couple of years since they only use a third the electricity of regular lights. I'm also shopping online. I'm getting a pair of shoes from Lands End. I have a pair already and really like them so decided to get another pair in a different color. They're $5 cheaper this time, LOL!
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:15 pm

I got Bay a bunch of shirts at Aeropostale this morning, ours is closing so major huge deals. Some of the t's were $1.50. We went o Hollister too, got a few things there. I spent about $100, and she has enough clothes now for the entire spring and summer.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,

Back to top Go down

Post by crystajewel Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:10 pm

i was too busy to even think about going out

my hubby got his subwoofer installed so we ended up staying at the mall for 4 hours but we didn't buy anything

it was really hard with a 2 yr old who is potty training LOL Shocked

crystajewel
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 231
Honeycomb : busy bee
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:18 pm

We ended up going shopping on the first day of the boxing day sales and then again today. We had to buy a new home theater system since my inlaws got us one, but it didn't work for our TV. We went to the store that we bought our TV from and they sold us a floor model (they just had a huge sale on them) for cost. We normally don't like buying floor models, but we got a $2000 home theater/surround sound system for only $420 (that included the $60 cable that didn't come with it). They gave us a deal on the cable (half price) and when they added up all up and told us the price, DH told them $420, and they agreed (it was $420 something). That was all we bought that day (couldn't afford anything else after that, LOL, but we are getting half that money back from my inlaws).

We didn't do as good today. I did get a great deal on diapers and wipes plus I had 4 coupons for free products, but everything else was a bit expensive. The lines were still ridiculous at Walmart.
aurora04
aurora04

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:41 pm

I had no money for shopping left. My dd drove the 100 miles to the mall though. She had money to spend and I her return a coat that didn't fit her to PacSun. Saved me the shipping return cost. She made some purchases that she was very happy with, however, none were on sale. I was a bit shocked, but she was happy.
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:33 pm

aurora04 wrote:We ended up going shopping on the first day of the boxing day sales and then again today. We had to buy a new home theater system since my inlaws got us one, but it didn't work for our TV. We went to the store that we bought our TV from and they sold us a floor model (they just had a huge sale on them) for cost. We normally don't like buying floor models, but we got a $2000 home theater/surround sound system for only $420 (that included the $60 cable that didn't come with it). They gave us a deal on the cable (half price) and when they added up all up and told us the price, DH told them $420, and they agreed (it was $420 something). That was all we bought that day (couldn't afford anything else after that, LOL, but we are getting half that money back from my inlaws).

We didn't do as good today. I did get a great deal on diapers and wipes plus I had 4 coupons for free products, but everything else was a bit expensive. The lines were still ridiculous at Walmart.

Sweet deal! I've been looking for deals that good but not finding around here.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:43 pm

The only Boxing Day shopping we did was to run to Home Hardware for a new outdoor light and to the game store to get the kids the one Wii game that they really, really wanted that they didn't get. They were willing to split the cost out of their Christmas money so we agreed that they could have it.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by idatater46 Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:55 pm

Walgreens have 75% clearance on lots of Christmas items as well as some gift items and candy.
idatater46
idatater46

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:29 pm

I stopped at the Hobby Lobby tonight and Christmas stuff is 66% off. They have some beautiful ornaments so I bought a few. I'm trying to build up a small supply to give to my kids when they leave home, plus I have to replace a few that didn't make it through the holidays.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:34 pm

thebigscott wrote: I'm trying to build up a small supply to give to my kids when they leave home,.

What a wonderful idea Karen!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:21 am

Thanks, Dee. I just remembered how tight money was when Scott and I first married and little things like Christmas ornaments seemed so expensive when you added up all that it would take to decorate a tree. I made ours that first Christmas and a few of them came out nice and we still have them, but I would have loved to have some "real" ones too.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content