Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy halloween ahead

+3
Lori
edbson
bizzeedee
7 posters

Go down

Happy halloween ahead Empty Happy halloween ahead

Post by bizzeedee Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:10 pm

Earlier this week, when I checked the weather, it indicated that it would be cold and rainy on Sat night, but checked a while ago and found it would be partly sunny and 66 on Sat... makes me happy for all the kids in my neighborhood. Went out and bought two bags of mini pretzel bags... Decided not to to candy, as I didn't want to be stuck with stuff I couldn't/wouldn't each ... we only eat dark chocolate... but if we have left over pretzels, well works for me!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Happy halloween ahead Empty Re: Happy halloween ahead

Post by edbson Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:23 am

I am hoping that we have good weather. Ours changes so fast you never know....but nice cool, not cold weather would be great! I am taking the kids trick or treating, then I have a meeting late, and then going to a rocky horror showing at midnite. I hope I make it, usually I am exhausted by 7, and half asleep by 9.

We never get Trick or treaters, since we are that big creepy house on the dark dead end....LOL I think in 20 years we have had 5.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:45 am

AWe never get trick or treaters either. The only ones we've had since we moved here were friends of my youngest. It was only once or twice and they were over the whole Trick or Treat thing.

I found out that Kmart hosts a Halloween event in their parking lot. You just park your car and pop your trunk and give out candy that way. You can decorate your vehicle and they have prizes for that. Also, you can bring your own candy and if you run out they'll keep you filled up. Free hot dogs. It actually sounds li ke fun and it's been years since I've laid eyes on a kid in a costume.

Just to clarify - OUR Kmart does this. Apparently this will be the 5th year in a row.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:58 am

I've never had a trick or treater Sad I always buy candy just in case but it never happens. Everyone goes into town, out here moms and dads have to drive them to each individual house and it's a really busy road.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:23 am

I'm with Tara. I have never had a trick or a treater. Each year I make ten bags, each year we eat the ten bags! Laughing
trax
trax

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:33 am

We get kids dumped off in our subdivision... we're one of the few subs with sidewalks, close houses and only one entrance in, so traffic is light. Last year, I planned for 85 kids... only had 5 bags left over (I was made individual bags)... When and if our 80 mini bags of pretzels are depleted, the light goes off.. or 8pm, whichever comes first!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by briteasafirefly Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:58 pm

We don't get that many trick or treaters around here anymore. All the kids in the neighborhood are in high school or college now and we haven't had any young families move into the neighborhood. Plus I think its starting to get to the point where parents take their kids to carnivals or "trunk or treat" events instead of door to door.
briteasafirefly
briteasafirefly
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 625
Honeycomb : the doomed level 6
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:01 pm

There is a neighborhood down the road that gets swamped. The cops park on the corners with their trunks open giving out candy, and every house is decorated, and they give out the good candy...mostly teachers and administrators there, with the odd cop and dr..so I take the kids there usually, or to my aunts neighborhood. Ours is just too spread out.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:25 pm

I don't have a problem with dropping kids off in safe subdivisions.... when we lived in MI, we lived out in the country and the only ones that knocked were a couple of neighbor children (parents drove them) as they were heaidng into Grandparents or Aunts subdivisions in Grand Rapids for the big Grab!

In my city, the downtown (which trust me is small town) does the trick & treat for the kids from 4-6... each store giving out candy or something... and also a lot of the churches (believe me we have more churches in our town than I could count on 20 fingers and 20 toes!)... do the "trunk or treat"

I'm for whatever is safe for the kids... but I do enjoy all the neighborhood children that come to our house.... I talk with each and try to make them think they have the best costume I've ever seen! And even snap picutures of a few and then email them to their moms. I love Halloween!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:30 pm

Living on a farm, we don't really have neighborhood kids visit. So every year we go to my MIL's subdivision so the kids can trick-or-treat and we can visit with family and hand out goodies. She literally gets hundreds of kids so it helps her that we bring extra candy.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content