Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halloween Costumes

+3
Lori
tara
thebigscott
7 posters

Go down

Halloween Costumes Empty Halloween Costumes

Post by thebigscott Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:52 pm

Zaven is going to be Igor. Pronounced eye-gore, like in Young Frankenstein. He has a black cape that he can pull up over his head, so all he needs is a pillow for a hump and one bulging eye.

Caly is going to be a sea nymph or a siren. It's her last year trick or treating so she wants something super fancy. This will take forever to sew.

Zoe is going to be a princess of some kind. We'll be buying that rather than sewing since there are so many nice ones already made and I always run short of time.

I don't have a clue what I'm going to dress Quinn as. If it was a summer holiday I'd put him in a loincloth and call him Tarzan, but seeing as it's likely to be too cold out for that, I haven't decided.

What are you guys thinking of for your kids?

And NO, it's not too early to be talking Halloween! I have to have lots of time to design and sew the costumes, so any later than mid-September means a crazy rush next month trying to do it all.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Halloween Costumes Empty Re: Halloween Costumes

Post by tara Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:40 pm

I LOVE Halloween!!!!!! Saige is going to be a skunk... don't know about Rylan yet. I was looking fro ideas in another group and was promptly inform that myself and my children are headed straight for hell for celebrating such an evil day, LOL, it's hard not to laugh and pity those who miss out in all the fun, and if candy is the work of satan..... I like him more than I care to admit.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:54 pm

My kids are way too big now, but for years I tried to talk the youngest into being a sock monkey. They actually have a quilting fabric line featuring sock monkeys and there's a knit-look fabric that looks just lick the sock money socks. Red butt, big red lips around the mouth...maybe even a great big bow around the neck...would be adorable!
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:00 pm

oh Lori, that is a great idea! I haven't decided whether I want to take him or not.... even if I do it will be pushing him in the stroller while Saige trick or treats. My MIL makes all the costumes and the three big kids get theirs first.... actually Saige so far has wanted to be what they have already been so she is easy, lol. I'm going to be a mummy.... I hope it comes out as good as I think it will. I've been trying for years to get hubby to be a woman... maybe this year..... LOL
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:22 pm

Let me know how that goes, Tara. I wouldn't count on it. My husband has good legs, he'd make a very pretty woman. A woman with a 5 o'clock shadow.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:06 pm

I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!!! hee hee

Tim and I look forward to celebrating it every year. More so than Christmas or anything else.

For Timmy, we will be letting him choose his own costume. In about a week or so, we will be going to the pumpkin farm and then after that, we take him to the costume store and will let him choose. So anything goes!

For his first year, he was only 2 months old, so we dressed him in a cute outfit that says lil devil. It even had the horns and the tail... but we hide that picture from Tim's Mom- she is one of those that thinks it's an evil holiday, with the devils and witches and what-not. (EDIT:: She does not mind the giving out candy, or the cute costumes, she just does not like the looting, or the vandalizing or the "evil" costumes)

His second year is my avatar, a cute little bumblebee. It was a borrowed costume, because of some drama going on, and I took him around my Mom's little subdivision.

His third year he was Blue from Blues Clues. It was sooo cute! He started to get into character and instead of saying trick or treat, he would bark at the people. lol

Last year was the first year he got to choose his own. He chose to be a fireman. He had a cute lil firehat and boots, the whole 9. He decided to carry along a firetruck toy that he had to. Talk about getting into the spirit!

I do not dress up. I have not done so since I was a teenager. It's just not me. I love trick or treating, but I don't like pretending to be something else. Never really did like it. Tim paints his face up each time we go out. We are excited because this will be the first year that he will not have to be at work. He will also refuse to work OT that night too. It means a lot to us to take Timmy out. I know that I only have a few more years before he will be "too cool" to go out with Mom and Dad.

My only problem is the time that the kids get to go out. In my town, they only have about an hour and a half, and you can't go out until 5 or 6 at night! I remember being a kid, rushing home, promising to do my homework when i got done, and running to meet up with my brothers and or friends to go out. And then we would make our rounds the neighborhood until at least 10 pm or so (with checking in around 7 with my Mom, so she knew we were okay). But all the bad people in the world have to ruin it for our kids. I can only imagine that my grandkids will not have it. They will have to go trick or treating at the mall the Saturday before (like in one town I lived in- I was LIVID when I heard that!).

Oh, and I don't care- My decor goes out this week or this coming weekend... it's time for HALLOWEEN!!
Missy
Missy

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharon Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:59 am

My daughter is going to be a goth witch she is 12 and my son Indiana Jones he is 8-- We are going to Salem the week b-4 Halloween - We go every year it is a blast- My favorite holiday is HALLOWEEN always has been..The inside of my home is in a truibute (sp) to Salem-- I have a witch going in the witch house (water color painting) a copy of an arrest warrant from 1619 from salem village and a print of the names and dates on when the witches where hung... Now if you know the story on Salem you know they were not witches -just young girls fighting --since they had nothing better to do ,When I bought my home my brother gave me a witches broom that hangs in my kitchen-My sister gave me a witches hat from Salem that hangs in my living room-my dad gave me a print that says the witch is in...I have all and all about 30 items that pertain to the Salem witches in my home--- I wish it was halloween everyday--plus my kids have started watching Halloween town from the disney channel we have it taped then put on dvds-Oh and can't forget goose bumps....Oh and a great book for the kids to read is Jerry Seinfeld Halloween I donate that book every year to my childrens class rooms they know it by heart -- the book is a hoot-plus it comes with a cd in the back of the book of him doing the skit live on stage!!
Sharon
Sharon
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 319
Honeycomb : level 6 -1 gold keys
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharon Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:14 am

If anyone needs makeup tips for halloween --just ask I won second and third prize in Salem for my costume's years back- 2nd prize was a bloody apple with a razor blade in my mouth.. the 3rd prize was - I made a snake weaving in and out of my face--that took me 4 hours to do and came out MINT!!!

HINT--liquid cover up -tissue paper-and spirtual gum makes great fake flesh---this year my friend wants me to do his face -he wants to be the walking dead --going to make maggetts inbeded(sp) in his cheeks -- I should have become a makeup artist for sixflags or Unversal studios --instead I became a hairdresser-- Oh well - I think If i had to do it everyday I would not enjoy it --WHO knows --Ok I will shut up NOW (LOL)

Happy Haunting
Sharon
Sharon
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:06 am

Sharon, is there any way you can post photos of those makeup jobs. I want to see so bad! They sound incredible!
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:08 am

Oh yes! Let's ALL post photos! Sharon's scary face, the kid's in their costumes, best pumpkin carving, ALL of it!
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:54 am

I want to see them! One of my girlfriends does the makeup for one of the big Haunted Houses in the Chicagoland area, and her work is phenomanal (sp). I have to see if I can get any pictures off of her.
Missy
Missy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:30 pm

Sam has a very nice dragon costume from last year that will fit him again this year. Devon is going to be a knight.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:10 pm

I haven't scanned in all the halloween pics from before we got a digital camera, so this is only a sampling, but here are a few of our previous costumes:

Halloween Costumes Damsellargeemail Halloween Costumes TheDragon Halloween Costumes Croclargeemail Halloween Costumes DSC09928 Halloween Costumes DSC09903 Halloween Costumes DSC09881 Halloween Costumes DSC09875-2 Halloween Costumes DSC07492 Halloween Costumes DSC07482
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:26 pm

I LOVE the Wednesday costume! She really plays the part well!

The Thing costume is ADORABLE!!

And that fish one... ooohh... I will have to upload some pictures when I get back from picking Timmy up from school.
Missy
Missy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:46 pm

Wow, Karen! Such cuteness! I remember seeing the Wednesday costume before (GREAT!) but the fish is so beautiful, what a clever idea for an infant's costume.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:38 pm

Ceilidh wants to be a princess. We don't know if we'll actually let her do that tho. It's freaking cold here at the end of October! Even right now it's getting down to 8 C in the evening/night. Last year Ceilidh was a shaggy dog, and the costume will fit Zach this year, so DH wants him to be that. DH wants me to make Ceilidh a costume (I haven't sewn anything since I was 16 I think, LOL). I'll post pics of the shaggy dog costume when I can find them.
aurora04
aurora04
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:04 pm

A princess with a pretty and warm cape would be beautiful. She could have a muff, too! I wish muffs would come back in style.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:49 pm

That is a good idea! I'll have to keep that in mind. Today she said she wants me to make her a butterfly costume. Maybe if we can do a warm princess costume, I'll try to get her to agree to that.

Thanks for the suggestion! She actually has a white/ivory muff that she could use.
aurora04
aurora04

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:48 pm

Ceilidh has a muff and I'm jealous! LOL

Maybe she could be an ice princess and have an ice blue cape with fake fur trim, and carry her muff. She could have ice crystals and things in her hair. Oh man, I want a girl to dress!
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:16 pm

OHHH. I like the idea of an ice princess!! I could so do that! We were hoping that since she's in preschool 5 days a week, she'll have 5 different halloween parties (they do them for a week for the kids who don't go everyday) to dress up as a princess so it wouldn't be a fight to get her to wear something warm, but no such luck!
aurora04
aurora04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharon Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:46 am

I love the Wednesday Costume!! My daughter Sarah has that Costume --She ice skates and she did a routine to The Adams Family about 4 years and wore that Outfit --I got it at the Halloween outlet in Worcester MA... Yes I will dig ou the pictures from Salem--of my Costumes ... We sold our home about a year ago... So we have alot of things in Boxes that we don't use so we don't have to re-pack-My husband and I are looking to buy again in the spring--- I will look to and try dig out the pictures ....
Sharon
Sharon
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharon Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:49 am

OMG I love the fish costume ---toooooo Darn Cute!!!!
Sharon
Sharon
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:39 am

Thanks! The easiest one to make was the little princess one. She was wearing a build-a-bear dress so we just made a hat. That year Caly was the dragon (bought, not made) and Zoe was her damsel in the dress. Caly wouldn't allow us to say she was in distress because her baby sister was NOT allowed to be in distress.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content