Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

School

4 posters

Go down

School Empty School

Post by KellyM Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:38 pm

starts the 12th here, and I can't wait. We waited until the last minute and will be going clothes shopping for JJ tomorrow...we will not be going clothes shopping for Wynonna..we gave her $$ a while back for school clothes and she gave it to her BF for $$ they are saving up for an apartment. She can either get it back from him or go without. I pretty much have enough school supplies left over from last year, the only thing we can't seem to buy enough of are the 3 inch binders, all of the teachers in the highschool here like the kids to use them....so I have to pick up a few of those. I hate to buy them because they are about $7-$8. each and the kids have to have multiple. Also because they get so much use, they break, and we have to buy several throughout the year. I also have to get a few more things of loose leaf paper, divider tabs, folders, and a couple 5 subject notebooks, for Wynonnas CNA class. Other than that I have extras from last year of pencils, pens, erasers, note cards, highlighters, etc...

What do you go through the most throughout the year for school supplies? What one thing do you hate or love to buy and why?
KellyM
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

School Empty Re: School

Post by edbson Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:22 pm

We start the 24th, and I can't wait either.
I haven't gotten the school supplies, or clothes yet. I am plannning a marathon clothes, supplies, etc shopping trip one day next week.
No supply lists though, we get those on the first day, then it is a race to wal mart ot get it before everyone else does.

The one thing I hate to buy, Colored copy paper, that the teachers use to send out notes. I never send it, figure I pay taxes, and i cannot read the notes on Red or Purple paper anyway.....dyslexic ya know.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:31 pm

I have always hated buying the 3-subject notebook type products. At the end of the year they're too gross to use again but most of the paper is unused. What a waste. I hate wasting stuff!
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:15 pm

We don't start until after Labor Day here.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:07 pm

We start earlier since 3 weeks after school starts they have 3 weeks off from school for potato harvest. Since this has always been a huge farming area the schools had to let out during harvest and the kids would pick potatoes. 99% of farmers have potato harvesters now instead of kids picking them. You have to be 16 to work on a harvester, so only the highschool kids can work for the farmers now. They still let the elementary and middle school out even though they can't work.. they have debated the last few years whether or not they should continue to close the schools for harvest break. As of this year, they are still closing the schools for harvest break...
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down