Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

School...

+6
Scar
chelle
thebigscott
KaeLynn
KellyM
Missy
10 posters

Go down

School... Empty School...

Post by Missy Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:58 pm

Well, new Momma (kinda) and first time I am enrolling my son in school.

I took him in March/April for his screening. He passed, no problems.

I got the letter from the school district on Saturday to give a call to see what school I can put him in.

I have had my eye on one school because of how close it is to the house. A 10 minute walk on a nice day.

I called this morning and registration is in August, he will have to get a physical and his shots updated (I already made the appointment for a week after his 4th birthday, and a few days before the registration date. I called 2 months ago and made the appointment, lol), and then September 11th, my son will be gone for 3 hours a day, 5 days a week.

What will I do with my time? lol

I am nervous about sending him, but I am excited at the same time. My son is a social butterfly and loves to play with other kids. I can't wait to see how he does here.
Missy
Missy
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

School... Empty Re: School...

Post by KellyM Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:16 pm

Ohh I remember both kids first days like they were yesterday! I cried my eyes out after they went to school. After the newness wears off you will find plenty to do believe me. Some of the stuff will be school related so there will be new things on your agenda. Pretty soon you will be wondering if there is somewhere in there that you can schedule a nap because it can get quite busy. Overall, enjoy it, these are some of the most wonderful and memorable times. Mine are in highschool and it's still busy and hectic and amazing at the same time. Have fun and enjoy!
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by KaeLynn Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:17 pm

WOW!! Is that pre-k, or Like pre-k....my son had a full school day when he started....they started @ 8 and got out @ 2:30 like the elementary schools here
KaeLynn
KaeLynn
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 226

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:30 pm

I have 4 kids. 4!!! But I had a brief few years when the older two were in school and the younger's were still twinkle's in daddy's eyes. So here's my advice as to how to spend that time. Do home repairs. You can NOT fix anything with a 7 year old and a 3 year old helping. It just doesn't work.

And read whole chapters in the same sitting. Pee alone. Organize stuff. Shower. Because when he comes home, he wil manage to undo everything you did while he was gone.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:46 pm

lol... I love it karen! Just love it! lol

I am excited about getting into school stuff with him. I mentioned PTA and Tim told me to have fun with that.

I used to take him to daycare, but this is a differant feeling I get. pre-K... which means next fall is kindergarten... I am so nervous about his first few days, but I know that within the month from his starting, I will be better. =P

I know I will be able to get more housework done, but not nearly much more, due to Tim having to sleep during the day. But I want to get my son on a set schedule and school will help maintain that. We have a schedule, but it changes often because of the freedom of being able to.
Missy
Missy

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:02 pm

I recomend doin the PTA. I have done it since my children started (no tears from me on the first day. )

Mine didnt do pre-k, they went to kindergarten. 8am to 3:15 everyday 5 days a week.

I started out that first year on the PTA board and havent looked back. I have enjoyed that time more than anything.

And yes, like Karen said, you get to pee alone, (well not me, when the first one went to school, I had a 4 year old still at home. THen had a new baby., when the second one went I still had one at home, and now I have 2 at home and 2 in school. I am just glad they will be at the same school this year. )

I didnt find I was bored. Of course, thats cause I had more kids here. But getting involved and volunteering is a BIG plus if you think you will get bored. And you can clean your house if you are so inclined. I never am Smile

But even when I am NOT at the school doing something the days are over well before I am done with what ever I am doing. Smile (and my kids go to school at 6:30 and come home at 4:30 or later).
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:51 pm

missmissylette wrote:
What will I do with my time?

Ummm let's see....THROW A PARTY!!!

Oh wait I forgot, you're a first time Mom.....nevermind...I'll crawl back under my rock now
Scar
Scar

Number of posts : 1135
Honeycomb : Honey-Freaking-Bee-Finally!
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:59 pm

My daughter is going to pre k this fall too Missy Sad I am so not ready for her to go (but the monster boy child- is it too early to send him? lol)
I am petrified what school will bring. My daughter and (I know you will roll your eyes) is the perfect child, has been since the very beginning, she is happy, and really well behaved. The worse thing she has ever done that I can think of at the moment was dump a box of pancake mix. She is starting to get a bit mouthy but I'm surer it will be all downhill from the moment she is left to absorb other peoples little demons behaviors.
I'm not quite ready to let go of her yet. I feel like I am getting cheated a year. I thought about keeping her home until kindergarten but she is really excited and it certainly wouldn't hurt to be around kids her own age. She is around a bunch of kids but they are all older or younger.

I still however have Rylan. If you find yourself incredibly bored- you can borrow him.

Last edited by tara on Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : because I am a dumb ass)
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:02 pm

tara wrote:
My daughter and (I know you will roll your eyes) is the perfect child, has been since the very beginning, she is happy, and really well behaved.

No eye rolling from me, I had one of those too.
My second daughter could have been the poster child for birth control.
Scar
Scar

Number of posts : 1135
Honeycomb : Honey-Freaking-Bee-Finally!
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by mandja Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:41 pm

It must be a daughter thing... my son is crazy... everywhere all the time... CRAZY!!!
mandja
mandja
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 377
Honeycomb : 6
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:53 pm

actually for me it was the boys. They were SOO good. absolute darlings. Then they went to school.

Rayley.. She is the minimonster. that is what we call her. I actually do dread her oing to school. she will be the kid kicked out of kindergarten.. LOL

She is old enough for prek, but I wont be sending her. She wants sooo badly to go to school. But to me its a waste. she would have to leave the house at 6:30 and get brought home (if she rode the bus for 45 minutes) at 12:30. and would be one of the only kids on the bus. Otherwise she would have to go to daycare till 4:00 when my MIL comes home. and thats too much money.

PLus, here you have to be in a certain money braket to qualify for PRe K
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:19 pm

When my oldest went to school I was working, when youngest went I was not. I did put mine in Mothers day out 2 days a week at the ripe old age of 1, from 9-2.....so basically I paid someone so twice a week I could take a nap.

Mine are in school or daycare all day now, well not now, but during the school years, and I suggest getting amanicure, massage, pedicure, haircut.or take a nap. I am not the PTA type, people piss me off, so I just do my own thing.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:20 pm

I did private PREK, at the local baptist church, and still do, 3 or 5 days a week, from 9-2, well worth the $75 a month per child.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:06 am

Zoe will be going to school. She was the worst of my kids by far. I blame it all on Zaven. He explained to a friend who was babysitting once that the way you keep her from crying is to give her everything she wants. He was dead serious, too. So she was spoiled rotten by big brother and was awful. Now that she's over the worst of it and is reasonably well behaved and often very sweet, someone else will be with her half the day. Meantime, Quinn learned at the feet (well, thighs) of the master and really knows how to throw an amazing fit. So I'll be stuck home with him, LOL.

But, it will be nice because he and I have never had much alone time. With four kids, there was always someone else around. So the older three and daddy will all be in school (daddy's a teacher) and it will be just us. I look forward to getting that time. But I'm very glad he's a good napper and a sound sleeper. I just need to figure out everyone's schedule, because Zoe won't be full day, but Zaven and Caly will be full day and afterschool activities. Gas is so high that I hate to drive in just to drop off or pick up one kid (we're a 15 minute drive from school). But I can't just hang around all day either. And I'm not ready for daycare because even if I had the money, I'd miss her.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:07 am

tara-
My son is "perfect" too. He is very well behaved. He has his moments, but they way I look at it is, that everyone does. I just handle it case-by-case.

but I am def gonna look into PTA, and what else they need as far as parent help. Chaparone, volunteers, etc...
Missy
Missy

Back to top Go down

Post by kashicaat Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:33 am

Oooh, I can't wait for Pre-K! My oldest (12) has been homeschooled since 3rd grade. I have two more years before we figure out what to do for high school. My oldest is by and far the easiest child! Had she been anything like my other two, I think we never would have had more than one!!

My two little ones are 3, and my son is already in school from 8-1 since he didn't talk before starting school. Now he's doing great, but he has an IEP that will be in effect until he's 6, so he gets to go to school and LOVES it.

Now, my other 3 year old NEEEEDS to go to school. The world revolves around her, she should be the center of everyones attention, and she is quite the queen bee. She will be our problem child in school though, and that will only happen if she can't charm her way out of trouble.

We are getting ready to move, and I have found a few pre-schools to check out and in the fall, I may actually get some morning with only one child around! WOW!!!

kashicaat
Bzzing
Bzzing

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down