Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This week so far

+2
edbson
KellyM
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

This week so far Empty This week so far

Post by KellyM Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:59 pm

It's only Tuesday and this week looks to be full before it even gets here. All of us have been sick since last week. Wynonna dealing with recurring mono, JJ has something going on that I am keeping an eye on, but if he isn't any better by Fri I will be bringing him in. My hubby and I are sick with Sinus cold/infection/allergies..it must be some type of bug because we all became sick, but I am the only one that has my hubby's and son's symptoms but I also have allergies going on too. Anyway Wynonna was supposed to have Remicade on Fri but they cancelled due to her possible relapse of mono..they said that if by Fri her throat is clear then she can go for Remicade on Fri. Thurs is JJ's Civil Air Patrol Meeting and something else is going on that day but I can't remember this minute without digging out my planner. Tomorrow is going to be spent taking my 9 yr old miniature poodle, Jesse James, to the vet...He needed an appt for his shots anyway and heartworm test, but he's been sick for the past two days. He's been vomiting and had bloody diarrhea, which happened once before about 3 years ago and they found out when they did a stool sample there was an unusually high amount of pollen in it. They said that it was a good bet the pollen irritated his stomach and intestine and that he was sensitive to it. They prescribed an antibiotic and he was fine a few days later..I don't know, it may not be that at all. He is getting older now, it could be anything. He is still drinking plenty of water and I have been feeding him boiled chicken and rice for the past couple days, he doesn't eat much of the rice lol and has managed to keep some of his food down, I think he should be fine provided they can figure out what is making him sick. Anyway we will see what it is tomorrow..
KellyM
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

This week so far Empty Re: This week so far

Post by edbson Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:26 pm

Poor puppy.
I am ready for this week to be over, i am done.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:33 pm

edbson wrote:I am ready for this week to be over, i am done.

That makes two of us. I am off work tomorow and then still have two more days to work before getting Sat, Sun & Mon off (can't wait). It feels like it has already been 7 days long.

Kelly I hope your pooch gets to feeling better. Mine is doing great now. We haven't had a creatine or BUN redone to see about his kidneys yet. We are waiting til he takes a month of his meds. He eats everything in sight, and after what we went through with him, that is perfectly fine.

I hope you all get to feeling better too. The swine flu has just now hit our state, and they say there is 26 cases now. I hope it stays away.
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Number of posts : 1737
Honeycomb : Level 6 ....the endless doom
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:40 pm

I hope everyone (the pooch too) is feeling better Kelly.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:52 pm

Poor puppy. Love the name Jesse James for a mini poodle, though.

This week is too much for me, too. Caly's birthday party is Saturday and I am not even close to ready. I was kind of counting on nice weather for the little ones to play outside while Zaven and I tidied up a bit. Instead it's hot as hell out there, Zaven's sick and just laying around feeling bad, and the house has devolved to where tidying is insufficient. It needs cleaning, not tidying. Sigh.

The good news is that I got all of Caly's presents and Scott finally got the A/C back in the window so that it's not so hot inside that I can't take the cleaning.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:07 am

I will be in your shoes Mid July Karen, First we are having a huge BBQ on the 4th, then The kids Bdays, Kristin's is the 14th, and bay's is the 17th. Having Bay's party on the 10th I think, and kristins on the 19th...or something, I am not actually looking at the calendar but you get the idea.. I know it will be 3 weekends of tons of people in my house. Wouldn't bother me if I actually liked half of them...
My sister is having a csection on the 29th too, so I will have the girls, and Xman, and our friends 1yo while they go on their honeymoon.......and i decided to stop smoking.....I must be brain dead or something
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:10 am

OH, and there are sugar ants in my kitchen, one week after the "guaranteed for 6 months of absolutely no bugs ever" treatment..........Ants are a HUGE problem here
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:38 am

We got ants this week, too! And worse yet, termites. I haven't had the chance to go out and get the proper chemicals yet. I'll do that Sunday probably. You can buy them from the farm store here and save a ton of money spraying them yourself. You just have to take precautions.

Oh and Zaven leaves for Upward Bound on Sunday, so we've got to wash all his clothes, give him time to clean up his room (because he doesn't want us in there while he's gone), then of course we'll need to shop since I'm not sending him off for the summer without socks and for some reason all his disappeared, and we've got to dig the right sized sheets out of storage since his bed there is a twin and his one at home is a double. We bought sheets last summer, but I have no clue where they are. I should also buy him detergent. I need to make a list! Oy!
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:40 am

We can buy spray, but we paid to have this thng put in the walls, and it is supposed to be guaranteed......maybe not for ants though?

I have TONS of stuff to do,and frankly don't know where to start.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:21 pm

Back from the vet, they picked on Jesse..lol They tested his stool sample and found that he has a bacteria that is making him sick, so they gave him an antibiotic injection right there and gave me some pills to give him a couple times a day for a week, that should take care of it. She said to keep him on a bland diet for another couple days. They checked out a small lump he has on his side and said it was just a fatty tumor, he got his vaccinations and his heartworm test, and his nails trimmed. Other than the bacterial infection, he is in really good shape for being 9 yrs old. Hubby is home sick and as long as things stay ok, Wynonna should be going for the rescheduled date for Remicade on Fri. I'm feeling much better, though I can feel it still lingering, and JJ is about the same for now....

Ants I have plenty of, I rarely ever see them in the house, but I have about 5 anthills on my lawn. I can't put poisons because of Jesse, so I do what someone else told me to do. I take a big pot of boiling water and pour it on each anthill a couple times. If I do this a couple times a summer it's not bad, but however my "lawn" used to be a "field" and I have a field in front of, behind and on either side of my house, so I don't think I will ever get rid of the ants completely.
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:56 pm

I use grits outside, the instant kind, works like a charm.
I use poison too, but not lately. I have over an acre, poison gets expensive and grits are cheap.

We have Fire ants, lovely critters that bite and hurt, and never stop biting. Poison kills them, sometimes they just move.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:01 pm

I know what fire ants are...one time years ago when I went camping, I had gone in the bushes to go pee. I unknowingly stepped in a nest while I was squattting, yup that was interesting.....
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:11 pm

I use borax mixed with sugar.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:52 pm

tara wrote:I use borax mixed with sugar.

We do too. Erin, grits? What do you do with it?
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:46 pm

Our them on there, they eat them and swell up and bust!
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:28 pm

So, Jesse is feeling a little better, actually we are all feeling a little better. Wynonna had remicade today...school finals are next week. It looks like JJ will have to take summer school for english..ugghh...and Wynonna is going to take a summer school class (even though she doesn't have to) so she can get one class out of the way for next year. I am bumming a little, not even one bite on the add for the semi formal dresses on craigslist. Craigslist just isn't that big of a thing here in Northern Maine. I was hoping to sell them so Wynonna would have some money to put on Senior pics. I know Walmart is cheaper and a better value, the only thing though is that they don't offer the frames, class emblem stickers, extra tassel, etc. Only the Photographer approved by the school for the senior class has that stuff.. Anyhow, I found out that Wynonna can have the Crocs/fake Crocs with the holes in them. I found this out AFTER I had seen the ones she wanted at Family Dollar for $5.00!!! There was only one size 8 there in white and it better be there tomorrow, if I had known I would have bought them. I didn't even look to see if they had size 8 in the black. A couple weeks ago, she tried a friends brand name Crocs and didn't like them, but another friend has the cheapy pair and Wynonna said they were really comfy. We have been looking everywhere for the cheap ones, we tried the cheap ones at walmart and she said those weren't the ones, they felt stiff. She said, "You'll know when you find them mom, just try them on." (her and I both wear size 8 ) I knew when I tried those Family Dollar ones on today that those were the ones she was talking about.
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:58 pm

Kelly, are there any consignment shops you could take the dresses to?
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:06 am

We have one called Second Hand Rose, but this is such a small area, and they are only open 3 days a week from 9-2. If I can't sell them we will live. It would have been nice to, but I won't be devastated if we can't. We couldn't do a class ring either, or drivers ed..things are just tight. She will be working part time for a farmer as soon as school gets out, both kids will actually. I told her that if she wants to take enough money out of that to pay for her senior pictures, that we could try to replace it a bit at a time. She hasn't decided yet because that money is supposed to be 3/4 of what it will cost for drivers ed in fall. We'll figure it out somehow. Sometimes I stress over stupid stuff like this and then I have a crappy weekend like I had this weekend and worrying about pictures seems really stupid. I have enough crap to stress over that I dont need to stress over stuff that is more trivial.. I will just store the dresses away, maybe someday someone who doesn't have money will need one for their kid and I can surprise them with one..
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:39 am

You and Wynonna can put your heads together and put together your own photos. Where I live, senior photos are getting away from the formal poses. The kids pose outside, with their hobby equipment (dirt bikes and snowmobiles, hockey stuff), with their pets, on the beach...and almost all of the announcements we got this year were alternative ones. You can use a photo program to put together your own announcements. They can say whatever you want them to say, and then you can either print them on card stock or you can submit them to an online photo site to have them printed.

I don't know about the formal pose for the yearbook, but Wynonna seems pretty photogenic, and there's no reason you need a professional photographer to get some great photos of her.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:54 am

That actually sounds like a good idea, we do have plenty of time to think of something. I will have to look around to try to think of ideas and come up with something.
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:49 am

Kelly, if you send me your email address via pm I'll scan the couple I still have and show them to you. Sorry, they're all for boys, but if you picture them with color changes and more feminine shapes you might get some ideas.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:19 am

Here is what a woman done this year for her daughters senior pics. They brought them in to copy, and make announcements.
Her sister had taken alot of pics of her daughter everywhere and in different outfits and poses. She had some taken in their front yard with the flowers, with her standing, sitting on the ground. Some were beside a tree, her sitting on a log over water, in a park on a swing and many more. They wanted my opinion on them all, and my favorite one was of the girl in a corn field, she was bent over slightly and there was a corn leaf over her shoulder. In that one she just had on shorts and a tee shirt.
I got busy, so I don't know which ones they chose, but they were making some announcements on the Kodak kiosk. You can choose different cards to use, but the Kodak machine is the most expensive. The Fuji kiosk has alot of different cards/backgrounds to choose from as well, and has alot more than the Kodak, and they are cheaper and you get envelopes for them as well.
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Number of posts : 1737
Honeycomb : Level 6 ....the endless doom
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:30 am

I think the pictures could be done somehow, I was just hoping to have a few of the touches like the folders and the 2010 stickers and what have you, I will have to scour online.
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:31 am

YOu can also get them done online, alot cheaper than Kodak machine, or Fuji.

I took all of Kristin's senoir pics, they came out good, I can post some....the few I have left...LOL.

YOu can buy tassels, and stickers, and stuff online, in any color you want!
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:58 am

I found a site called zazzle where I think I can make the Class of 2010 stickers I wanted and they don't charge a setup/design fee, just the cost of $4. something a sheet (a sheet has 20)
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next