Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kids nowadays...

+2
edbson
KellyM
6 posters

Go down

Kids nowadays... Empty Kids nowadays...

Post by KellyM Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:08 pm

What is it with kids nowadays? My daughter, not feeling well, (so without getting really graphic and so you can get the gist,)I told her to take some Milk of Magnesia because the Dulcolax she had taken yesterday didn't help. I know MoM would work within 2 hours, even though she is feeling completely terrible she refuses to take it "because it's chalky"... So I tell her that I refuse to take her out of school and bring her to the Dr because she refused to take 2 TBS of MoM. She has had to swallow worse down in Portland when she had to drink a barium drink for x-ray and the Fleets that she had to drink were horrible, (I would rather have walked out in traffic than have to be the one to make her drink that stuff, she called me every name in the book for nagging her to drink, drink, drink.... so I cannot understand how she can't manage to take 2 tbs of something no where near as bad. So I had to make 5 phone calls to get ahold of my mom who happens to be in town (so I didn't have to make an extra trip) to see if she could find something strong in pill form...

When I was a kid we had to take cod liver oil, mineral oil, oil of cloves (for toothaches) and a number of other things that were disgusting, she should be happy to swallow that stuff (it's even the flavored kind) it's not like she's 4 or 5, she's 17 (going on 18 she reminds me all the time) it may seem like I am being harsh, but I think she might need to toughen up a bit. I have a hard time with it when she gets like that because I would rather take what I know would help, rather than suffer and complain. She would rather end up in the damn hospital than swallow 2 spoonfuls of Phillips...
KellyM
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Kids nowadays... Empty Re: Kids nowadays...

Post by edbson Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:22 pm

I would have made her a MoM smoothie, with milk and ice cream and MoM and benefiber.....that'll do the job.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:39 pm

You guys are great Moms. I would have rolled my eyes and walked away.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:58 pm

Lori wrote:You guys are great Moms. I would have rolled my eyes and walked away.
Me, too. I don't mind if my older kids don't want to take nasty meds. I just don't want to listen to them complain if don't like how they feel when they don't take it.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:06 pm

I think I would be the same... don't wanna? great go suffer in your room so I don't have to hear it
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:14 am

She took what mom picked up for her and it still didn't work, I told her this morning that when she comes home from school today she is taking MoM whether she wants to or not. If for some reason that doesn't work, then I will make her an appt. But those particular "natural products have never worked for me, but MoM works every time. I think she may be the same. Karen hit the nail right on the head, because that's what she does, she refuses to take it and then complains how awful she's feeling. She knew this morning that I meant business. I told her if I took her to the doc that they probably would recommend a Fleet anyway (she knows how wonderful those are) so she finally agreed to take some MoM when she gets home from school.
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:51 pm

I am with Lori and Tara. My boys, they either take it or they suffer-- and they do it in silence.

The youngest ones, I hold them down and shove it down their throats.

Smile
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down