Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Look Poll (1st try with the lime green and blue board)

+10
aurora04
chelle
dragonbutch2
razorstar
BuzzNut
Honey
trebenaid
thebigscott
KellyM
Rebecca1340
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What do you think of UB's new look?

New Look Poll (1st try with the lime green and blue board) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap20%New Look Poll (1st try with the lime green and blue board) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 5 ]
New Look Poll (1st try with the lime green and blue board) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap36%New Look Poll (1st try with the lime green and blue board) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 36% 
[ 9 ]
New Look Poll (1st try with the lime green and blue board) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap28%New Look Poll (1st try with the lime green and blue board) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 28% 
[ 7 ]
New Look Poll (1st try with the lime green and blue board) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap16%New Look Poll (1st try with the lime green and blue board) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 16% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 25

New Look Poll (1st try with the lime green and blue board) - Page 2 Empty Re: New Look Poll (1st try with the lime green and blue board)

Post by BuzzNut Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:00 pm

Rebecca1340 wrote:I think you're right Lori, I think it has more to do with resolution. I was working on my laptop last night and didn't have to scroll at all, but now that I'm on my pc I do have to scroll a little to the right in order to see the whole avatar.

Is it something that I need to change in order to get it to fit my screen? I don't want to change my other web sites I visit though. Sorry don't mean to sound dumb, but when it comes to stuff like that, I AM.
BuzzNut
BuzzNut
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1737
Honeycomb : Level 6 ....the endless doom
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

New Look Poll (1st try with the lime green and blue board) - Page 2 Empty Re: New Look Poll (1st try with the lime green and blue board)

Post by Honey Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:01 pm

Thanks chelle. Now I see those. It is getting easier, but still harder than I am used to any board I post at.
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by 59pearly Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:21 pm

I love the new clean and techy look! Especially since the icons are large and I can see everyone's cute babies better! The only problem I have is the green text. After sitting at the computer for hours reading and working, it gets kind of hard on the eyes. Excellent job and happy birthday.
59pearly
59pearly
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 848
Honeycomb : Level 6 Sweet Bee - Need 13 honeycombs for next key. Sigh.
Registration date : 2008-05-05

http://acommonstreetpeddler.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:28 pm

I cant remember for sure. But it seems like the resolution is wonky.

I know I go to websites that say "best viewed in 1234X 123 resolution.

In my computer
click display

and the settings tab.

I am set at

1280X800 pixels.

The highest you can go.

Thats the only one I can think of. ??
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:43 pm

Yes, I would try to minimize all of my windows so I can see my bare desktop. Right click on the desktop area (being careful not to click on any iicons or shortcuts that you have there) and choose "Properties". Then go to the settings tab. I have my resolution set as high as it will go, which right now is 1280 x 1024 pixels.

You can check it and move it farther to the right (higher resolution) and then come back here and reload the page (actually, I'm not even sure if you need to reload, but try it if it looks the same). If it's not working for you, you can always go back to the settings and change it back.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6

Back to top Go down

Post by 59pearly Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:54 pm

There is white text above the line that says "you have no new messages" and it is tiny. I think that can be changed to a much darker color.
59pearly
59pearly

Number of posts : 848
Honeycomb : Level 6 Sweet Bee - Need 13 honeycombs for next key. Sigh.
Registration date : 2008-05-05

http://acommonstreetpeddler.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:44 pm

Lori wrote:Yes, I would try to minimize all of my windows so I can see my bare desktop. Right click on the desktop area (being careful not to click on any iicons or shortcuts that you have there) and choose "Properties". Then go to the settings tab. I have my resolution set as high as it will go, which right now is 1280 x 1024 pixels.

You can check it and move it farther to the right (higher resolution) and then come back here and reload the page (actually, I'm not even sure if you need to reload, but try it if it looks the same). If it's not working for you, you can always go back to the settings and change it back.

Thanks, that helped to get it all on the screen, but DH is gonna *itch, cause it made everything very small. He has trouble seeing smaller print. I was set at 1024x768, I have it set at 1280x1024, but I can go as high as 1600x1200, but reading it is another story...lol I guess I will just have to reset it each time I visit, which probably won't be much if I have to do that every time, because I know as I am sitting here, I will forget to change it back...lol
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Number of posts : 1737
Honeycomb : Level 6 ....the endless doom
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:50 pm

Lori wrote:Yes, I would try to minimize all of my windows so I can see my bare desktop. Right click on the desktop area (being careful not to click on any iicons or shortcuts that you have there) and choose "Properties". Then go to the settings tab. I have my resolution set as high as it will go, which right now is 1280 x 1024 pixels.

That is if you have a pc running on windows. If you have a pc running on a different os, you know what you are doing and don't need our advice lol.
If you have a mac, click system preferences, then displays.
This one says the display is 1440x900.
Honey
Honey

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:52 pm

59pearly wrote:There is white text above the line that says "you have no new messages" and it is tiny. I think that can be changed to a much darker color.

I just noticed that when I read your post. I think it says - The unofficial place for BzzAgents to get together.
Honey
Honey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:53 pm

Don't give up on us yet, BuzzNut! This is still a work in progress.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:07 pm

Yep. There are a few kinks to work out, but I still think it's a nice change. I love that it loads faster for those on dial up.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:11 pm

I guess I will get used to the avatars on the left. I have never seen that at any board before. We read from left to right, so it is odd to have to look left first (maybe scroll over too if you have that issue), then go back to right and start reading.
Honey
Honey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2