Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Look Poll (1st try with the lime green and blue board)

+10
aurora04
chelle
dragonbutch2
razorstar
BuzzNut
Honey
trebenaid
thebigscott
KellyM
Rebecca1340
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What do you think of UB's new look?

New Look Poll (1st try with the lime green and blue board) I_vote_lcap20%New Look Poll (1st try with the lime green and blue board) I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 5 ]
New Look Poll (1st try with the lime green and blue board) I_vote_lcap36%New Look Poll (1st try with the lime green and blue board) I_vote_rcap 36% 
[ 9 ]
New Look Poll (1st try with the lime green and blue board) I_vote_lcap28%New Look Poll (1st try with the lime green and blue board) I_vote_rcap 28% 
[ 7 ]
New Look Poll (1st try with the lime green and blue board) I_vote_lcap16%New Look Poll (1st try with the lime green and blue board) I_vote_rcap 16% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 25

New Look Poll (1st try with the lime green and blue board) Empty New Look Poll (1st try with the lime green and blue board)

Post by Rebecca1340 Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:52 pm

As you can all see, things look a little different around here. I know there are a lot of people with problems seeing the green text. I've gotten rid of most of it and will continue to do so as time permits -- it's just a matter of narrowing down which codes I need to change, finding them, and subbing in a new colour code.
If people don't like the new look in general I do have an alternative or two we can try. I could also go back to the old theme.
There are a couple of advantages to keeping one of the new themes because they use a different version of the board software. So far it's been noticed that the live Chat Box at the bottom of the homepage is working again and that the search function works better. It's also less graphic heavy and therefore easier to load for members with slower connections.

Last edited by Rebecca1340 on Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

New Look Poll (1st try with the lime green and blue board) Empty Re: New Look Poll (1st try with the lime green and blue board)

Post by KellyM Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:55 pm

Thanks for the hard work, I think it's sweet of you to want to change it up a bit for everyone. The green is a little hard to look at but other than that I think its great...
KellyM
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

New Look Poll (1st try with the lime green and blue board) Empty Re: New Look Poll (1st try with the lime green and blue board)

Post by thebigscott Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:22 am

Now that most of the green is gone, the only thing that I need to do is learn how to tell which posts I haven't read yet. I like how it shows them on the home page, with the big blue dots beside the forums that have new posts, but once I get in the forum it's harder for me to decipher.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:24 am

Yeah, I think I want to try and change those icons a little later on. I want to give them a try for a bit first though.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trebenaid Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:07 am

I really like it. It looks all new and updated. As far as I can see I have no complaints.
trebenaid
trebenaid
Bzzing
Bzzing

Number of posts : 34
Honeycomb : level six and sinking
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:58 am

This is a big change! The look is good, but very hard for me to read and see what is new. The pictures on the right of each post is really tough to get used to. Some of the text is too small for me also, such as signatures, etc.

Last edited by Honey on Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:04 am

The only problem I have is it doesn't fit my screen like the old board. I have to scroll across in order to read everything. That bugs the daylights out of me. In order to see the person's info that posts I have to scroll to see it, it isn't visible otherwise.
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Number of posts : 1737
Honeycomb : Level 6 ....the endless doom
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by razorstar Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:22 am

i'm with bzznut on the not fitting the screen. i have to scroll over to see the pics and also to go to the next page. its kinda bugging me. also its a little hard to find the new post
razorstar
razorstar
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 137
Honeycomb : going nowhere fast
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonbutch2 Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:34 am

Oops, I didn't finish before posting.

The other thing I wanted to say is that the icons that show what post is new and what isn't are kind of confusing and hard to get used to, it would be easier if there was the word "new" or a star instead of these blinky squares.

Other than that: I love it! This is a huge improvement, and is very clean and nice.
dragonbutch2
dragonbutch2
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 75
Honeycomb : Level 6 - Sweet Bee!
Registration date : 2008-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:43 am

I wonder why y'all have to scroll?

I am on a fairly small laptop and its showing the whole screen.. THat is weird...
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by razorstar Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:10 am

chelle wrote:I wonder why y'all have to scroll?

I am on a fairly small laptop and its showing the whole screen.. THat is weird...

maybe thats what it is cause my screen is 24 inches
razorstar
razorstar
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 137
Honeycomb : going nowhere fast
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:12 am

I have to scroll over as well, but it doesn't bother me. I just do it as soon as I click on the thread or new page. I don't know what size my monitor is, but it's pretty big.
aurora04
aurora04
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:15 am

My screen is 20", why would that matter? I'm lost.
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Number of posts : 1737
Honeycomb : Level 6 ....the endless doom
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:19 am

Isn't scrolling controlled by screen resolution settings rather than screen size?
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:39 am

I am on a laptop right now, and no scrolling needed. I am having trouble figuring out where the new posts are though. Some things have 3 green dots, some 3 blue dots, some two blue and one green, and some have 3 orangish dots.There are so many stickies too, that it makes it harder. Also I can't find the smilies. The box is empty. Is that how it is for everyone right now?

Last edited by Honey on Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Honey
Honey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:50 am

I think you're right Lori, I think it has more to do with resolution. I was working on my laptop last night and didn't have to scroll at all, but now that I'm on my pc I do have to scroll a little to the right in order to see the whole avatar.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:19 am

I like the new colors. I do agree with Honey, without the separation I think we have way to many stickies, it's hard to distinguish between them and the polls and you have to go half way down the page to get to the good stuff. I do not see this thread in the chit chat at all, I don't know if I am blind or what- I had to use the announcement link to get here. I will get use to it, and grew to love it I'm sure, once I get all this stuff figured out.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:30 am

I admit I have been confused as to why we have all those stickies anyway. I never did figure out about all the smite polls. I was too depressed to read them at the time, but I didn't think that kind of thing would be allowed here anyway. People post those kinds of smilies during fights and such.
Honey
Honey

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:38 am

Maybe it's that stickys don't change colors when they are unread? It took me forever to figure out the new post until I saw the tiny green square next to this one.
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:42 am

Hey I found the post!!! Okay I LOVE LOVE LOVE that it says no new messages across the top. Sometimes it took DAYS to get the email notice that someone sent me a PM, and I was clueless there was anything in there before!
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:47 am

Keep the feedback coming! At the moment I'm leaning towards trying one of my back ups. I'm going cross eyed from looking at lines and lines of code to try to tweak this theme! All I know for sure right now is that the beach theme is most likely gone for good.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joedonot Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:51 am

I also have to scroll to the right and it's annoying. And difficult to identify the new posts. BUT, I love the new colors and the lack of animation. It loads easier on my slow connection than before.
joedonot
joedonot
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 258
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee Level 6
Registration date : 2008-12-31

http://www.bzzagent.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:55 am

I think no matter what, it's hard to deal with change sometimes at first. We will all get use to it and I completely appreciate the fact that you are trying to make it easier (not harder) on those who may not be on high speed or have a newer computer. Granted I do but it doesn't mean I don't care about those that do not, I want everyone to be able to come and join us, not wait days for graphics to load.
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:58 am

I'm going to take a break -- well, really I'm going to take Devon to school and then go get some groceries -- and come back to this in a bit. I'm not ignoring you so keep the feedback coming!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:55 pm

Honey, there are smaller squares to the right of the set of 3 that show if its a new post.

Let me see if I can post the screen shot... Smile

New Look Poll (1st try with the lime green and blue board) Newfor10
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next