Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need costume advice

+5
KellyM
Missy
Connie
trax
thebigscott
9 posters

Go down

Need costume advice Empty Need costume advice

Post by thebigscott Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:45 pm

I have 4 kids and right now 3 of them have made up their mind what they want to be for Halloween. I've bought Zoe a costume, am most of the way through making Caly's, and Zaven had almost everything he needed already. But I don't have any idea what to dress Quinn as. He's 2, just barely, so he needs something that doesn't require him to hold anything, wear a hat, or keep himself neat. And I have made so many different costumes that I'm having a hard time thinking of something that other people would recognize that I haven't done already. I mean, I could repeat. I'm not morally opposed or anything. I just wanted to do something new. And I can't think of anything.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Need costume advice Empty Re: Need costume advice

Post by trax Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:41 pm

Maybe try this:

http://www.everydaycelebrations.ca/articles/1.37.1.asp

Hope it works. (I am amazed when this works for me cheers )
trax
trax

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:40 pm

There are tons of ideas here http://familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts/season/specialfeature/halloween_ms_costumes/

We did the washing machine one year. They have a section for little kids too.. I love the egg!
Connie
Connie
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:25 pm

I am hoping to go get Timmy's costume tomorrow afternoon. Since my lil house party thing isn't until later the evening, we have the morning and afternoon to have fun. He wants to be a Jedi this year.
Missy
Missy

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:56 pm

When Wynonna was little I went and bought some silver shiny material and made a Hershey's Kiss costume for her. I used a thick white ribbon which I had written on neatly with a marker, to simulate the little Hershey's Kiss tag at the top sewed to the top.
Also one year when I was little mom took some white quilted material and sewed 3 sides of a rectangle, left the bottom open for my legs and areas on the sides for my arms to fit through, and a hole in the front for my face and she ripped one of those DO NOT REMOVE UNDER PENALTY OF LAW tags of one of our mattresses and sewed it to the side, and I was a mattress! I desperately tried to get my two kids and two of their friends to dress up one year as the Fruit of the Loom guys, but they wouldn't agree (I thought it would have been cute as hell). Lets see, an M&M, if you have some overalls and a shirt Quinn could be a farmer or a scarecrow (there doesn't have to be a hat, you could just do a teeny bit of makeup on the face) hmmm, whatever you decide you should post the pics. Matter of fact that would be cool if everyone who participates in Halloween posted pics of their kids in their costumes! Mine are too old and won't be trick or treating, most likely they will be passing out candy or watching horror movies with friends, but I would love to see pics of everyones little trick or treaters!
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:03 pm

One year I made Brett and Matt angel/devils. I got them red union suits, made wings with white fabric and glitter, took a headband and sewed devil horns on it, then put a pipe cleaner gold halo (kinda crooked) on that, I took some footed socks and turned them inside out and sewed a V in the center of the toe, and stuffed it to make devils feet, and made a devil tail and stuffed it with a wire hanger and cotten.

One year I made Brett a cowboy, (easy, boots jeans, chaps, vest, cowboy hat, I was lucky, we had it all already) and a gun and rope. Made Matt an indian. Here is warm in October, and he was a little over a year old. Still in a diaper. I bought one of those small peice of fake fur at walmart, cut it in half, tied it together with leather, then made him a headband with feathers and leather, and painted his chest. he went barefoot with a bow and arrow.

One year they were woody (cowboy dress with a cow print vest, and I sewed a string onto the back and then used half a crochet hoop tied to that for his pull string) and Matt was shrek, painted him green and put him in a huge tore up white shirt and torn plaid pants I got at goodwill.

They had actually done this for a 'dress your goat' contest earlier in the year. Brett won as woody and Bullseye (the goat was bullseye, we even had a small saddle), and Matt was Shrek with his goat being donkey. He came in second.

Then they started wanting store bought costumes. So they went as dracula's one year, and Rayley a witch.

Then one year it was Batman, Superman and Rayley was wonderwoman. I had to make her entire costume. She even had the gold rope, stars and stripes bikini and a long black wig.

This year Brett is Davey Jones, Matt is Jack Sparrow ( I am having a blast with fixing up his store bought peice of junk, I am turning a wig into dreadlocks, have bought him jewerly, gona put all the makeup on him, he is going to wear lots of my scarfs) Rayely will be Elizabeth.
And Bow will be Jack the monkey. I got him a monkey costume, gona put one of Rayleys peasent blouses over that and he is good to go.

I got them all swords and flintlock pistols.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:01 pm

Well, last year I was a giant whoopie cushion. This year Bay is gonna be "gweniviere", and I am gonna be " the halloween is on a friday and I am drunk person".
Xander has a Lady bug costume( Yes I cringed, and am buying him something else, anything else). Dh will not dress up, he will not give out candy, he is a scrooge. ...............of course we really don't have a "neighborhood" anymore
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:15 am

Erin, I have a monkey costume. Its a 6-9 months. Too little for Bow. It will be big on him I know, But Bow cant use it. Bow is 20 pounds and wearing 12 months clothes.

Unfortunatly, When I relized this one was too little, I went and bought another at Kmart, its a 6-18 months, and the same damn size. But I am squeezin his fat self into it. Cause I have searched high and low for one to fit him and this is the only one I found. Its not cording him or anything, but he cant walk in it. LOL of course with the satin lining he cant anyway. It freaks him out to feel it, and it moving and being smooth. Its hilarious.
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:19 am

LMAO, I got him a puppy costume this evening, better than a dam lady bug
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:42 am

awwww the puppy coupons are cute!! Wish he could have worn this suit though! Smile
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:46 am

ack... Coupons.. Costumes.. LOL

Guess you can tell where my mind is!! I need a puppy coupon though. Or a halloween costume coupon would have been nice. Although somehow I got a 17.99 costume for 12.49 after tax yesterday. So I wasnt cryin Smile
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:21 pm

I say let him wear the ladybug. Zaven dressed as a flower one year when he was really little. He looked in the mirror and said, "I'm a pretty lil' feller!" I know boys are supposed to be all rough and tough but babies are supposed to be sweet, even if they are boys.

Now, as the the final costume verdict. It was all solved by chance. Caly and I went shopping last night and they had a bunch of white t-shirts (adult x-large) marked down to a buck. And they had a white long sleeve onesie in Quinn's size marked down to 3 bucks. So I bought the onesie and a few of the big t-shirts and I'm going to tear up the t-shirts and make him a mummy. I figure it'll be easy since I don't even want to cut them neat and sew them in straight lines. Messy will be perfect.

But I will be posting pics of everyone's once I get them finished. And thanks for all the suggestions. I love halloween and I loved seeing the ideas on the other sites, and hearing about your fave costumes. SOOO much fun!
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:27 am

I have an old set of sheets side aside for years now waiting for the mummy costume. I just need a good party to make it for. Very Happy

My MIL makes the kids costumes, Saige was a bear, eeyore, a tiger, and a lamb so far. This year she will be a skunk. I wasn't going to do anything with Rylan but I am thinking about making him a flower to go with the skunk, lol.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:02 am

I just realized ( duh) that halloween is on a friday.......so serious adult party. DH doesn't know it yet, but he is gonna be the sweet transvestite, and I will be Janet.....he is gonna hate me forever
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:26 am

OMG Erin! Can't he be Brad?

LOL
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:46 am

No, he cannot.....he will protest, but I will win, and post pics
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:16 am

Does he have to wear a bustier, or can he wear scrubs?
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:29 am

lol, last year my son Jayson wanted to go trick or treating for his last time. He wanted to go as Hannibal Lechter and have me dress up and wheel him around on a dolly like they did on the movie. Problem is we couldn't find the face mask thingy and I didn't have time to try and make a straight jacket (would have been really cool though)
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down