Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting excited for Halloween...

2 posters

Go down

Getting excited for Halloween... Empty Getting excited for Halloween...

Post by KellyM Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:30 pm

We lived out in the country before, we were lucky to see 5 trick or treaters. This street that we now live on in town is supposedly hit pretty hard each year. One of the reasons this street is frequented for trick or treaters is that everyone on the street decorates their houses/yards. Has anyone here ever made a flying crank ghost? I'd love to have one for halloween this year. I found a lot of stuff online about making them, but hubby and I are not mechanically inclined. It would be the coolest thing (people just don't do stuff like that around here). This is what I am talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNzzuq7-qsM

I found directions on the site below. If any of you are handy and have some experience with building things and tools, do you think it would be possible for a couple of people who arent' that good at that type of thing, could build one of these?

http://www.kickthefog.com/crank_ghost.htm

KellyM
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Getting excited for Halloween... Empty Re: Getting excited for Halloween...

Post by edbson Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:16 am

I could do it, but it would cost about $150-200. Not worth it IMO, you can get one really similar at Wal mart.
it's doable, but complicated, and if you have no experience with electrical wiring, I would stay away from it.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:58 pm

Thanks Erin, I'll keep my eye out at Walmart. I also noticed some for sale on ebay...some of them get expensive, but I've seen some sell for around $80...
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:16 pm

I'd like to have one for next year..don't think it will happen this year, it wasn't a planned expense, and there isn't enough time for me to save enough for just that.

Anyway...I'm trying to think of other things to put in the treat bags along with candy. Some ideas I had are shaped erasers, halloween pencils, silly bandz, scratch n sniff stickers..a lot of these things I can find at the local dollar store. I'll just make sure to seperate the bags, so i don't end up giving pencils to babies/toddlers. I will try to find something suitable for toddler bags. Anyone else have other ideas that don't cost much?
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down