Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Because of this stupid freakin huricanne I need a HUGE favor!! Please help me!

+8
Missy
tara
59pearly
Lori
Honey
honcho
thebigscott
chelle
12 posters

Go down

Because of this stupid freakin huricanne I need a HUGE favor!! Please help me! Empty Because of this stupid freakin huricanne I need a HUGE favor!! Please help me!

Post by chelle Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:44 pm

I dont know when the huricanne is going to hit, or where, but you can be assured its gona hit me square. and I dont know when the rain will hit us. But they said before the damn storm hits. So it could start at any time.

It might not be bad when it does. BUT there is also a chance that I will loose all electicity. Actually, I plan to loose electric. around here if a neighbor slams their door too hard you loose it. So this ourta do us in. I hope its not as long as last time. Sad I have prepared as much as I can.
I have 70 gallons of gas for my generator
I have 2 bathtubs, 2 trash cans, and 2 80 gal totes filled up with water (found out tonight our community water never got a generator after the last time... even though they got a grant... GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRR) I even have 200 gallons in the horses pen so they dont die.
I have food, drinking water, and a real house to go to.

BUT there is a chance that the rain will hit and due to the continuing rain we wont get satilite signal. So, can someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE record the sheild for me on Tuesday night?

I cant miss it! I have waited for over a year for the final season to air!! PLEASE!!!

I'll be your best friend forever and I promise to give you a 'get out of a smite free' card!!
Hell, I'll even give you my first born. hell I'll give you my second and third born too!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
chelle
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Because of this stupid freakin huricanne I need a HUGE favor!! Please help me! Empty Re: Because of this stupid freakin huricanne I need a HUGE favor!! Please help me!

Post by chelle Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:03 am

oh and incase anyone wonders why I dont watch it on the net. In case you have never heard me bitch about it (how could you not?? LOL) I am on dial up. There is no such thing as streaming video or even watching youtube Sad

I will pay for shipping and the price of the VHS tape or DVD.
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Because of this stupid freakin huricanne I need a HUGE favor!! Please help me! Empty Re: Because of this stupid freakin huricanne I need a HUGE favor!! Please help me!

Post by thebigscott Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:19 am

I would, but my VHS is all screwed up and I don't have a DVD recorder. Sad
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by honcho Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:22 am

Please take care during the storm and check in so we dont worry. I wish i had a way to record it for you! DVR's are great, but I have no way to get it on a disk to send you (unless someone knows something I do not).
honcho
honcho
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 461
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by honcho Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:23 am

Maybe it is one that will show up on itunes...1.99 usually for a tv show.
honcho
honcho
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 461
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:11 am

Thanks anyway y'all Smile

maybe someone else can!

I dont have anything to get itunes from... ??
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:33 am

We have 3 dvr's, but no way to transfer a recording to a disc. So Sorry chelle.
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:45 am

I'll try, Chelle. Between the hubster and I, we ought to be able to figure it out. It seems that I have transferred a DVR recorded program to VHS before. Um, when I say "I have", I mean my husband has. Pissed me off, too because it was Shear Genius, recorded for my hairdresser and she never watched it, thank you very much.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by 59pearly Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:50 am

I have itunes, chelle, and as soon as I determine the exact episode and date, I can do it for you. Sometimes, the downloads are not available right away. At least, I hope I can do it because I just checked one site and they haven't updated yet.
59pearly
59pearly
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 848
Honeycomb : Level 6 Sweet Bee - Need 13 honeycombs for next key. Sigh.
Registration date : 2008-05-05

http://acommonstreetpeddler.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:06 am

I don't have cable/satelite anymore and I have never heard off the shield, so I am guessing it's on there. I hope you get it!! I missed the last episode of House last season, I cried. Maybe the storm will knock down all the lines and they will say 'hey why don't we run cable since we are putting them back anyway" High doubtful I know, but I will hope for you.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:48 am

I will ask my Mom if she can do it and then mail to you. I have no controller for my VCR and can't figure it out (2nd hand), but as long as she is not taping something at that time, then I am sure she will. I will just reimburse her for the shipping. I will let you know as soon as I get in touch with her.
Missy
Missy

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:11 pm

***SMOOOOOOCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHH* Thank y'all. It very well might NOT hit me. looks like by the time it gets here it will be weak , just a tropical storm. BUT our lights have been known to go out in times like that.. Smile LOL

Its a cop drama on FX. we have watched it for years. and this is the last season.

Tara, if you had said something I would have recorded it for you!! (although I am DVD recorder challenged.. LOL I have done it.. It just takes me a while to fiqure it out! LOL )
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by jillalvarez2003 Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:22 pm

I scheduled it to record on the DVR in our guest room and if you need it on DVD I can do that for you, no problem. Very Happy
jillalvarez2003
jillalvarez2003
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 144
Honeycomb : Level 6
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:43 pm

chelle wrote: In case you have never heard me bitch about it (how could you not?? LOL) I am on dial up. There is no such thing as streaming video or even watching youtube Sad

Loud and clear, I hear you Chelle. No streaming video here, no youtube; it sucks big time.

You know how cities have their sister cities. Chelle - you could be my sister - on the side of the mountain village, I am. You are low Texas(?) I mean in elevation? I hope you are or this will not make sense. No matter. There ya go, we got the high and low of it! cheers
trax
trax

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:08 pm

I did end up watching it Chelle, I went to do it online... but it was gone, unlike ABC they only leave the episode up for a week. But I did find it online on a site I wont mention because I am not 100% it's legal, but at the moment I didn't care damn it- I wanted to see my show. I need to get a dvdburner cause the dvr went back with the rest of dishnetworks shoddy equipment and good tv starts soon. I'll probably watch 90% of it online, make good use of the small fortune I send to time warner every month. THEY called and offered me roadrunner turbo..... I dunno know, mine is fast, I can;t imagine it getting much faster short of reading my mind and loading the page before I click.

I didn't have FX( still don't) LOL , I wish I did, a few of their shows look interesting and my SIL's are constantly telling me I shoudl watch nip/tuck
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:35 pm

I really only watch the DVD on TV on F/X. I have not watched any of The Sheild episodes, and I only watched the first season of Nip/Tuck.

I do enjoy the reruns of That 70's Show. I love Kitty and Red.
Missy
Missy

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:01 pm

LOL trax! I understand exactly Smile and yes I am lowish. Not BELOW sea level, but not on a mountain either. LOL

Jill, THANK YOU!! Send me a PM on how to pay you, I can send a cash, paypal or RME. My husband says your a lifesavor!! Smile He was gona make me evacuate just for that! LOL

Thank all of y'alL!! Smile
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by jillalvarez2003 Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:37 pm

chelle wrote:LOL trax! I understand exactly Smile and yes I am lowish. Not BELOW sea level, but not on a mountain either. LOL

Jill, THANK YOU!! Send me a PM on how to pay you, I can send a cash, paypal or RME. My husband says your a lifesavor!! Smile He was gona make me evacuate just for that! LOL

Thank all of y'alL!! Smile

You don't need to pay me, just let me know where to send it. I'm happy to help! Very Happy
jillalvarez2003
jillalvarez2003
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 144
Honeycomb : Level 6
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:17 pm

I am gonna tivo it for dh, then I can record it on DVD, I think , but I don't have a vhs, so you get DVD or bluray....
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:25 pm

I will find a tape and record it for you tomorrow if you still don't have electricity.. Happy to do whatever I can as I was just watering my tiny garden and thinking.. "I would love to have the floods".. then I realized they were all salt water and I was being and idiot and now I feel bad... this will be my retribution.. lol... even if I was smart.. I would still do it cause you are an awesome person and a fantastic friend and I KNOW I will eventually deserve a smite and need to earn my way out of it now.. Wink
Connie
Connie

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:04 am

ROFLMAO connie. Belive me, I am sitting here now thinking "gosh, we aint getting much rain out of this... I hope we get enough to keep the pasture green for a while, so I dont have to buy hay!" and " damn, I bought all that gas for nothin"

So dont feel bad! Smile

THank all of y'all. so far I do have electric. If we do get a good storm and it goes off I will let y'all know. BUT so far it looks like we might be able to watch it.

So dont put it on DVD or VHS just yet. But if someone will gt it on their DVR till I find out I would appriciate it Smile

and everyone gets a 'free pass' on the smite Smile LOL
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:57 pm

So I just tried to find it to set it to record (to be safe) and can't find it! What flippin channel is it on? lol
Connie
Connie

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:09 am

well after all day with storms in and out, I lost satilite signal time and time again.

BUT luck would have it, I was able to see the whole show!!

Thank y'all! I appriciate all of y'all offering to help me. and those free passes will be forthcoming soon, Smile I promise!!
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:28 am

it was on FX 137 on dish I think..
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down