Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's talk politics

+10
Was64
BeachyBum
KellyM
trax
thebigscott
edbson
Rebecca1340
chelle
tara
bizzeedee
14 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Let's talk politics - Page 4 Empty Re: Let's talk politics

Post by Missy Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:33 pm

Connie wrote:So are politics a yea or nay? I came to talk about McCains choice for VP... I don't like McCain but so far I think she is awesome and I want to vote her for President.

Tim likes the VP that Obama picked and wishes that he was running for President.

I stay away from politics because I don't follow and do not keep up with it until maybe the last month when i research all options. But I do express my right to vote no matter what.

I do see how ugly things can get when the talk of politics and religion are talked, so i avoid them all if it turns nasty. I was raised to keep an open mind to remember that not everyone is like me, so we are all going to have our own opinion. Even when the talk of raising a child comes along. So those topics I tend to read, but not input.
Missy
Missy
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:35 pm

I have yet to see a political discussion get as ugly as I have seen parenting discussions get
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:44 pm

Very well said pearly!!! Smile You said what I was trying to, but much more elequently, and with absolute class Smile

and I am a member of a group like that. when my house burnt I had UPS packages comeing daily for months, money misteriously showed up in my bank account (not lots, but for us poor folks it was!), they held auctions for me. They came to meet me, helped me clean up. Someone brought me an old computer, it was a miricle. I treasure each and every one of them to this day. I have driven to meet friends in terminal conditions. We have sent flowers for funerals, baby clothes for births.

There are flame wars over there. There are alot that dont talk to others, and there are some that I feel I cant argue with cause they bought me a great set of pots and pans, or sent me their grandmothers quilt. (for the record, a few of them I faught tooth and nail with on differnt things BEFORE). But I still have a very special place in my heart for each and every one of them. Others are not as lucky. Slight disagreements have threatened the fabric of the board and shook it to its very core. Its sad.

Luckily its a rolling chat. No logs. and with my bad memory I cant always remember who I disagree'd with last week. But its still not the place I have been with for 10 years.

Of course, other than BR they were still the FIRST people I told I was pregnant. He, I and the WWW were the first to know! Smile In that order... LOL

Ohhhh COnnie, I am SOOOO on my way over there to your place!!
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:58 pm

Come on over.. Anyone is welcome. Keep it in the "no holds barred" section but remember... we are all adults and if someone gets in a huff.. keep it and leave it in the "no holds barred" section. Please don't let it carry back over to here...
Connie
Connie
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrlyte Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:14 pm

Thanks Connie! I posted! Smile
Starrlyte
Starrlyte
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 349
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:24 pm

If you are quick and go to yahoo.canada you will find Haper sets stage for October 14th election.
trax
trax

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down