Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

let's talk pizza

+3
briteasafirefly
edbson
bizzeedee
7 posters

Go down

let's talk pizza Empty let's talk pizza

Post by bizzeedee Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:33 pm

Kelly's post Today, got some of you going on pizza and delivery.

Where I live you can get Dominoes, Papa John's and a local place to delivery... all of which such. Oh and just maybe Little Ceasars (meaning we have one, but do they deliver?)

So we started eating pizza at Pizza Hut's Wing's Street... quite good. THEN. a Papa Murphy's opened up in town. For those of you not familiar, it's a take and bake pizza place.

Went to their ribbon cutting (a chamber thing of which I am a member)... and had samples... even took DH with me. We ended up leaving with a pizza to take and bake at home... loved it... large pepporini (loaded, 86 slices per pie) and it was on special for 5.99.

Well they send out coupons frequently, so next pizza (same kind) was 4.99. Normally this pizza would be 9.99 ... we're hooked. Even at full price (which with the coupons they send , we'll probably never have to pay), it's great.

What's your favorite pizza store? (yeah, frozen pizzas at times are good, but well, they're frozen ....)
bizzeedee
bizzeedee
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

let's talk pizza Empty Re: let's talk pizza

Post by edbson Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:22 pm

We have Domino's, that's it. They deliver, but last time the guy was stoned, and a registered sex offender, so we don't call thenm anymore.

I have 62 Digiorno pizzas in the freezer, coupons in the paper, and walmart had on clearance.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by briteasafirefly Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:03 pm

I've got every pizza place known to man within delivery distance(I mapqusted and theres at least 10 within a 3 mile radius)...my favorite has to be the pizza from Costco though. Its simple...cheese, pepperoni, or Combo and I'm not picky when it comes to pizza as long as its still taste good the next day cold for breakfast.
briteasafirefly
briteasafirefly
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 625
Honeycomb : the doomed level 6
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:06 pm

Best pizza in town here is a local place, PapaLeno's. Man are they good. Used to be cheap too but the price has gone up. A little ceasars opened up on the road I take to get to town. They don't deliver as far away as we are, but I drive right past them on the way home after picking up the kids and they have a drive through. Very handy.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:11 pm

We don't have a Little Ceasars here, but after the storm they had an 18 wheeler here, cooking pizzas and giving them away, for about 4 weeks. I would buy thier pizza if we had one, just for that reason.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:34 pm

briteasafirefly wrote:I've got every pizza place known to man within delivery distance(I mapqusted and theres at least 10 within a 3 mile radius)...my favorite has to be the pizza from Costco though. Its simple...cheese, pepperoni, or Combo and I'm not picky when it comes to pizza as long as its still taste good the next day cold for breakfast.

oh girl I hear ya... cold pizza for breakfast. I learned that when I lived in CA... we'd bring leftovers home on Friday night, and DH would eat it cold in the morning, and I'm thinking, hey wait, there won't be enough for supper... so tried it cold with Shasta cola as a chaser... long story short, I'm hooked on cold pizza (left over, not frozen LOL) any time of the day!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:35 pm

thebigscott wrote:Best pizza in town here is a local place, PapaLeno's. Man are they good. Used to be cheap too but the price has gone up. A little ceasars opened up on the road I take to get to town. They don't deliver as far away as we are, but I drive right past them on the way home after picking up the kids and they have a drive through. Very handy.
not the greatest, but doesn't hurt they always have $5 pepperoni pizza's.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:36 am

We have a few of the chain stores -- Pizza Hut, Little Caesar's, and Domino's, but the best places are the local ones. There's one just down the street from me that isn't very good, but a few blocks over is a local place that we love! And it definately passes the cold pizza for breakfast test.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:13 am

Cold pizza is SO good. But with 4 kids there's hardly ever any left over in the morn.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:20 am

It makes me feel good to hear good things about Little Caesar's. Mike Ilitch (founder/owner) is one of the best things Detroit has going for it right now. Unfortunately, our Little Caesar's is currentl closed. Hard times here in Northern Michigan. Sad

We have a Pizza Hut (never eat there) and a few other places we can get pizza. Not major chains like Papa John's or Dominoes, just small places. My favorite makes deep dish square pizza.

Buddy's Pizza in Detroit and Sorrento's Pizza are my all time favorites. I would just love a pizza like Sorrento's served in the 60's/70's again. I tell my kids about it. How cheesy it was, with the cheese stretching way out when you ate it. And the pepperoni curled up into crispy little cup shapes that would fill with the grease from the pepperoni. LOL Used to dab the grease out with a napkin before eating it. MMMMMmmmm. I'm killing myself!
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:51 am

well it's morning and I certainly could eat a cold piece right now!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:43 am

we have domino's ,pizza hut,papa john's,chicago uno's(love their pizza skins) and tons,I mean tons of local pizza shops.I love pizza,but since I've been on a diet I only eat it once every 18 days on my cheat day.As for cold pizza, I eat it hot,heat it up in my toaster oven.It's like fresh.I don't like too many things cold,don't ask me why lol
agaphmou
agaphmou

Number of posts : 4523
Honeycomb :

Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:06 pm

Now that you mention it Lori, it's been years since I've had a pizza where the cheese stretched out and you had to pull it apart with your fingers...
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:29 pm

all this talk about pizza reminded me about this piizeria around the corner from me when I was about 11 or 12.I used to go there in my rollerskates and order either a slice of pizza or a rice ball with a soda.those were the days lol
agaphmou
agaphmou

Number of posts : 4523
Honeycomb :

Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:00 pm

agaphmou wrote:all this talk about pizza reminded me about this piizeria around the corner from me when I was about 11 or 12.I used to go there in my rollerskates and order either a slice of pizza or a rice ball with a soda.those were the days lol

Rebecca1340 wrote:Now that you mention it Lori, it's been years since I've had a pizza where the cheese stretched out and you had to pull it apart with your fingers...

What we need right about now is a Time Machine!
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:43 pm

Seriously! My dad always tells us about how when he was a kid he used to ride his bike to town on Saturday to spend the 25 cents he got for an allowance. He'd go to a double feature (10 cents for all day admission), buy a tub of popcorn (5 cents with free refills), and a coke (also 5 cents with free refills). They'd let him stay and see both movies as many times in a row as he wanted. And he'd still have a nickel left!
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content