Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kinda need some info

4 posters

Go down

Kinda need some info Empty Kinda need some info

Post by Missy Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:33 pm

My neighbor has a co-worker that was involved in a domestic situation and she needs to get out of that home. The battered women's place here in town rejected her (and her two young kids!) and now the woman is staying at a home 3 doors away from her ex's family. Last night she had come home from the hospital (ex stabbed her and broke her jaw a month or so ago, and she had to have surgery on her jaw) and her home had been broken into with all her kid's clothing being stolen. I am going to go through some of Timmy's clothes to give to the little boy in the family, but I am not sure what else to do for this woman. i am appalled to know that the help she went to seek out did nothing but turn their back on her, while telling her to just call the cops.

I have heard so many stories of this happening and the women ending up dead because the help they needed came too late.

Does anyone have any national phone numbers to call about domestic abuse? I would hate for her to be turned away again and again. My heart goes out to this woman.
Missy
Missy
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Kinda need some info Empty Re: Kinda need some info

Post by honcho Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:36 pm

National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)

At the National Domestic Violence Hotline… We believe that every caller deserves to be treated with dignity and respect. We believe that every family deserves to live in a world free from violence. We believe that safe homes and safe families are the foundation of a safe society.

Until the violence stops, the hotline will continue to answer…One Call at a Time. Help is available to callers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Hotline advocates are available for victims and anyone calling on their behalf to provide crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals to agencies in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Assistance is available in English and Spanish with access to more than 170 languages through interpreter services. If you or someone you know is frightened about something in your relationship, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224.
honcho
honcho
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 461
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by BeachyBum Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:38 pm

Missy,

I don't know all the details of her situation, but here the shelter won't help until you've actually filed for the restraining order. They want you to be active in getting out of the situation and then they will do all in their power to help.

Has she called the police and all that ?
BeachyBum
BeachyBum
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 791
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~ 2 Golden Keys ~ Bzzing since 2003
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:43 pm

BeachyBum wrote:Missy,

I don't know all the details of her situation, but here the shelter won't help until you've actually filed for the restraining order. They want you to be active in getting out of the situation and then they will do all in their power to help.

My neighbor took her down to get a restraining order but because she was not married to the guy, they will not do anything.

The guy is in jail, but it is his Mom and family that is breaking into her home, calling her work and even circiling her work and where she is now. My neighbor just told me that while she was there with the girl, she saw the guy's car drive around 3 times.

This has really done something for how I feel about this town if, heaven forbid, something were to happen to me and Timmy.

thank you for that info honcho. I am going to give to my neighbor to pass on. I just hope that it does not connect her to where she got denied. I tried to go online and all I came up with for this town is that place that denied her.
Missy
Missy

Back to top Go down

Post by BeachyBum Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:48 pm

Missy wrote:
BeachyBum wrote:Missy,

My neighbor took her down to get a restraining order but because she was not married to the guy, they will not do anything.

The guy is in jail, but it is his Mom and family that is breaking into her home, calling her work and even circiling her work and where she is now. My neighbor just told me that while she was there with the girl, she saw the guy's car drive around 3 times.

This has really done something for how I feel about this town if, heaven forbid, something were to happen to me and Timmy.

thank you for that info honcho. I am going to give to my neighbor to pass on. I just hope that it does not connect her to where she got denied. I tried to go online and all I came up with for this town is that place that denied her.

Something isn't adding up for me. They won't give her a restaining order because she isn't married to him ? And has she called the police on the Mom ? Here you can get a restrianing order on anyone after 2 recorded threats. I think some pieces of her story are missing ( which can happen in an abusive relationship, because it's scary to take action). If he's in jail for beating her up, she should have a restraining order without any problems.
BeachyBum
BeachyBum

Number of posts : 791
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~ 2 Golden Keys ~ Bzzing since 2003
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:38 pm

i have to agree something does not add up. They would have offered her help at the hospital and no doubt would have been able to get a restraining order against him. His family is a different matter she has to report them and have evidence to back her up (other neighbors seeing them breaking and entering, technically she was robbed and needs to repoirt that so action can be taken against his family as well. The shelter will want t o see her taking action before giving someone wishy washy on whether or not they truely want to change their situation. They operate on tight limits.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:35 pm

I had something typed up and then it disappeared.

I have given my neighbor the info and she will be passing it on.

I guess she may be placed in a shelter in a differant county, they are just seeing if there is an opening there, so I hope that works out. If not, my neighbor has offered to the woman for her and her kids to stay there tonight and tomorrow. So, we will see.

Thank you to everyone for the info. I imagine there are holes in the story, as there always are with abuse cases, but let's hope that she is able to get away from it all.

I agree that is does sound wrong that they won't do a restraining order, what with the story, but I am sure something will happen if she keeps after the police/justice system to help her and her kids.
Missy
Missy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content