Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kinda bummed..

4 posters

Go down

Kinda bummed.. Empty Kinda bummed..

Post by KellyM Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:33 pm

I was posting on freecycle a few days ago, I had a couple TV's to give away and some misc stuff. While I was on there I thought I would post to see if someone might have a full size box spring and mattress to get rid of. (figuring that it's just after Christmas and right about tax time) JJ is way too big for his twin size bed. I wasn't expecting miracles, it's freecycle. All I wanted was something clean and not broken. I wasn't even expecting to hear from anyone but a woman e-mailed me to tell me that she had a bed and she lived a town over from me and I could make arrangements to come look at it. So I e-mailed back and told her that anytime at her convenience would be fine. I haven't heard from her... today I thought I would send another e-mail just in case, because the e-mail was a different e-mail address than the one she told me to e-mail. So I thought I would sent an e-mail to both. As soon as I sent it her other e-mail address was added to my contacts (yahoo) and I could see she was online. She was online for a longgg time and I am sure she probably recieved both e-mails but no reply. I am hoping she just didnt' notice or hasn't read her e-mail but as time goes on I am thinking that she made an offer she couldn't keep. I am hoping that either she gets ahold of me before the weekend or that I might be able to find something because I already told JJ that I thought we had a bed for him this weekend... I will learn my lesson next time, I should have kept my mouth shut lol.
KellyM
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Kinda bummed.. Empty Re: Kinda bummed..

Post by thebigscott Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Maybe she was at work and she isn't allowed to check e-mail except during breaks? My sis is like that. She's on-line, but she can't really respond to e-mails.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:10 pm

I hope so, but I e-mailed her a few days ago and today when I e-mailed her it was the second time. I am really hoping she e-mails back.. It's not like JJ won't have a bed if she doesn't, it just means that he will be in his twin for a while longer that's all.
I felt kind of bad the other day because I had gone in his room to talk to him and he was laying in his bed watching tv and his feet were hanging over the edge lol. If she doesn't reply back I think I may pick up the swap & sell and keep an eye out. The only thing that stinks is that if you get something really cheap in the swap & sell, chances are it's stained or gross, or it, well, stinks..lol I really had my hopes up because she told me the one she had was older but it was clean and in good condition. We'll see.. At the very worst I he will have to wait for summer and garage sales.
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:56 am

Update---

Yay! She contacted me and apologized for not answering my e-mail sooner, she had a bunch of stuff going on. She gave me her address and I am supposed to go on Sat to look at it, she said if I wanted it she would even give me the sheets that fit it since she can't use them. So that's one less worry..So to pass the fortune on, after this weekend when I get the other bed I will post his twin on freecycle..
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:29 am

I am happy for you that she answered you. As I was reading down the thread, I thought maybe it was just really hectic for her right then. I have had so much going on lately, I even forgot to remind hubby it is our dd's birthday today. I already sent her gifts, but meant to remind him to call her. I also have emails stacking up from friends that I have had no time to answer lately. Stuff happens.
Hope you like the bed and it all works out for you.
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:46 am

Sounds like it's going to work out great. I've never checked out Freecycle, I need to do that.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down