Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need info on potential move to Sacramento, CA

5 posters

Go down

Need info on potential move to Sacramento, CA Empty Need info on potential move to Sacramento, CA

Post by mrschia Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:55 pm

Need info on potential move to Sacramento, CA

We are contemplating a move from the Midwest to Sacramento. I would love any information to help us make that right decision for our family of 4 with young children. My dh just applied for a job there that they asked him to apply for.

Where to live? How are the schools? Home price ranges.? Cost of living, median salary range? Anything at all would be so helpful to us. This is going to be a huge decision for us.

Pros, cons anything Sacramento related.

Thank you!!!
mrschia
mrschia
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 670
Honeycomb : Level 6~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Need info on potential move to Sacramento, CA Empty Re: Need info on potential move to Sacramento, CA

Post by Honey Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:11 pm

Sorry I don't have any info for you, but I just had to say this title really gave me a much needed laugh. From the front page, the title is cut to say - need info on pot... lol!

Last edited by Honey on Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Honey
Honey
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Need info on potential move to Sacramento, CA Empty Re: Need info on potential move to Sacramento, CA

Post by tara Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:13 pm

MIne too Honey, I was expecting something far different. I know nothing that could be of help Mrs Chia but best of luck!!!!
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by mrschia Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:09 pm

LOL, maybe I should change it. Smile
mrschia
mrschia

Number of posts : 670
Honeycomb : Level 6~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:46 pm

Real estate agents have the best information on neighborhoods and schools, both pro and con. You know w hat they say: Location, location, location! I'd start at a National Real Estate website like Century 21 and search for homes within your price range within a certain radius of Sacramento and see what you come up with.

If you feel comfortable establishing a relationship with a particular agent they'll keep you updated on new listing, price drops, etc. and answer all of your questions. You can tell them what your needs are and they can run with it. When we had a big move (5 hours away) , our agent would send big packets of listings for us to look through so we could mark the ones we were interested in and he could set up visits when we were in town. It's even easier now with the Internet. There are virtual tours and colored photos available online. Trust me - black and white photos can really be deceiving.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by 59pearly Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:31 pm

My brother and the gov-a-nator live in Sacremento. I went there once for a wedding by myself (drove) and it was all big sky country. I have one other friend who moved there in the 70s and she did not find any reason to return to Long Beach/Los Angeles.

Here are some links for you:
http://www.sacramentocvb.org/
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=VmT&pwst=1&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=sacramento&spell=1
59pearly
59pearly

Number of posts : 848
Honeycomb : Level 6 Sweet Bee - Need 13 honeycombs for next key. Sigh.
Registration date : 2008-05-05

http://acommonstreetpeddler.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down