Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baby name poll

+17
Connie
Rebecca1340
bizzeedee
Maggie
trax
BeachyBum
Catherine510
edbson
thebigscott
KellyM
pinkpearsonaka
Missy
honcho
Angroo
tara
chjoed
CMC
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

which name do you prefer?

Baby name poll - Page 2 I_vote_lcap6%Baby name poll - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Baby name poll - Page 2 I_vote_lcap48%Baby name poll - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 48% 
[ 15 ]
Baby name poll - Page 2 I_vote_lcap45%Baby name poll - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 45% 
[ 14 ]

Total Votes : 31

Poll closed

Baby name poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Baby name poll

Post by CMC Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:19 pm

Hmmm...I don't want anything too different but I also don't want a name that's too common, my other girls are Maeve and Alaina. My concern about Linnea is having to tell people how to pronounce and spell it, but it sounds so pretty. Names are so hard for us to decide on and I love seeing what people who are more objective think of a name.

CMC
Larva
Larva

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Ender5803 Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:52 pm

I love Claire, it's classic. Of course I named my daughter Rowan because it was so unique and special to me.
Ender5803
Ender5803
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 548
Honeycomb : Level 6 to infinity and beyond...
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharon Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:59 am

Congrats with the new baby on the way!! I like the name Claire-

For my son I had picked out Elias-then I had family members talk me out of it!! With my first child if it was a boy the name was Matthew-but I had a Sarah-so when I got pregnet the second time everyone just thought the name was Matthew--so I ended up naming him Matthew and there were six born with that name on the floor-that week- Go with the name you like......My brother and his wife just had a baby boy named Henery
Sharon
Sharon
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 319
Honeycomb : level 6 -1 gold keys
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by BeachyBum Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:01 am

Lori wrote:I wasn't blessed with a girl so I'm voting for Emily Olivia. It was the name I would have given a girl if I'd had the chance.

I'll vote up top too, but still going with Emily. Now that I think of it, Emmaline is nice (and different).

I have a niece named Emmaline Smile
We call her Emmy.
BeachyBum
BeachyBum

Number of posts : 791
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~ 2 Golden Keys ~ Bzzing since 2003
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:53 am

edbson wrote:One of my step somebody's named their boy Tuff, just Tuff, poor kid.
I've noticed a big trend in people naming boys with very short strong sounding names. Viking Warrior names, almost. So Tuff doesn't surprise me, although I do feel he got stuck with a stinker of a name. Tuff could easily have been an endearing pet name that the family used for him and he could have still had his dignity with a "proper" name in reserve.

I love Henery, Sharon!

Beachy - Emily would have become Emma without a doubt, so that made me think of Emmaline. I like it, it's different yet easy to recognize and pronounce.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by honcho Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:09 pm

BeachyBum wrote:
honcho wrote:I voted for Claire, I am a bit of a traditionalist. My kids names are Steven and Sarah.

Me too. I don't know how I have a 'Dalton' ...... I wanted to name him Andrew and my ex wanted to name him Rio. lol Dalton was a good compromise.

They are all beautiful names though Smile

I like Dalton, it was one I considered but hubby said no. I also really liked Dean.
honcho
honcho
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 461
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharon Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:28 pm

It is so hard to pick out names! I think boys names are eaiser to pick out! I work in a Salon and sometimes my JAW drops when women come in and tell me the names they have picked out for there babies on the way....For some reason I love Amish names like

ELI-Samuel-Matthew-David-Elias-Natheniel-
Sarah-Emma-Emily-Rebecca-Mary-Elizabeth

Good OLE' fashion names works for me-I Try to tell the young girls that come in that are expectiing that your child will be working in a office or maybe become a
lawyer or a Doctor-Names are very important! My beef with names is when they take the parents names and mix them up and come up with this god awful name that you cant even spell if you tried! The salon I work in -is in -kind of like a small city and it is very dirverse ( I hope I spelled it right LOL) many different cultures there! I had a 17 year old come in to get her haircut that was due anyime now and she said she was having a girl and the baby's name was going to be Emily-anne there were 3 women in the salon 35 in age plus and they all turned around in shock (because were thinking she was going to pick somehting funky) and all 3 women told her Great choice beautful name!!
Sharon
Sharon
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharon Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:43 pm

I agree with some of the past posts I not a big one for nick manes either! My son is Matthew and I write a note always on the first day of school that his name is is Matthew not Matt- or Matty-Last year the teacher had told me she called him Matt and he would not even look up until she called him Matthew!

But to the Mom that her son is named Matt (great choice) (lol) I am sure once my son is older he will go with the name Matt..If that is what he wants! either way it is a beautiful name!!!!
Sharon
Sharon
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:55 pm

That is the one problem we have with Sam's name. Most people automatically call him Sam, but there always has to be one person who will try to call him Sammy. Even at 4 he'll tell that isn't his name, that his name is Sam or Samuel. I've even had adults get offended when he's corrected them -- maybe if they had listened when I introduced him the 4 year old wouldn't have had to correct them!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by honcho Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:06 am

Rebecca1340 wrote:That is the one problem we have with Sam's name. Most people automatically call him Sam, but there always has to be one person who will try to call him Sammy. Even at 4 he'll tell that isn't his name, that his name is Sam or Samuel. I've even had adults get offended when he's corrected them -- maybe if they had listened when I introduced him the 4 year old wouldn't have had to correct them!

awww...I love the name Sammy (but I will be good) Cool I used to get called all sorts of nick names with Christine as a name.
The only one I ever got riled over was Chrissy.
honcho
honcho
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 461
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down