Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baby Gifts

+2
bizzeedee
Lori
6 posters

Go down

Baby Gifts Empty Baby Gifts

Post by Lori Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:15 am

My niece is pregnant and I'm just starting to look for baby stuff. I'm sort of lost. Where do you moms with little ones find good deals on baby clothing? Do you have favorite clothing brands? By the way, we know it's a boy! Is there something you consider a must-have or is there something you wish you'd had? Have you seen something so cute you just can't stand it?

I'm open to any suggestions. I've been out of the baby loop for too long. The youngest kid in our family is my son, and he turns 20 this year.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Baby Gifts Empty Re: Baby Gifts

Post by bizzeedee Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:03 am

My Goddaughter had triplets the 8th of March... she was registered in a couple of places. Well I scanned and scanned the registeries and thought, "dang, I have no idea... clothes cute, but they outgrow so fast"

So sent her a very large gift card from her favorite local store (in NC) and she was elated because there was a 3 baby stoller they wanted and put it towards that!

My Godson's wife had a baby girl on the 10th of March... she too was registered, same problem. So sent them a gift card... Melissa loves to shop so was we delighted and that way she could get something really needed.

All I'm suggesting is you can't go wrong with gift cards!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:21 am

Well in the short time since I asked this question, I spent $50 at Bon-Ton online. I got some Carter's boys' staples like long-sleeved onesies that got really good reviews at Carters.com, booties, bibs, and a darling creeper with a crab on the chest and butt. Plus, I shopped through Ebates for 3% cash back, paid with Discover for 5% cash back, and found a free shipping code to save $8. I'm happy with this purchase.

She'll be needing the big stuff, too. A gift card is a good idea, or I might wait till after her shower and see what she really needs. Babies are great, but her situation is not. She's currently living with a guy (not the baby daddy) and I honestly think she'll be moving that poor babe back and forth from her mom's house to wherever she decides she wants to live at the moment.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:10 pm

For tiny baby clothes, wal mart or target, cheap yet durable. The big stuff, I don't know. Kristin put a bunch of usesless crap on her registry, and I made her take it off. I told her, you need diapers, clothes, a carseat, and blankets, the rest is optional.....LOL
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:00 pm

I found that a lot of the things everyone else claimed as "must haves" and got me for shower gifts were things I never used or wanted. Walmart clothes were definately the most reasonable -- I could swear my kids waited until I put the name brand outfits on them to puke! LOL! The best gifts I got were giftcards. That way I could get whatever the boys needed or pool them together to buy a bigger item like the carseat.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:29 pm

I agree that a gift registry just encourages people to add all sorts of nonsense. Even things like pacifiers...I can't tell you how many I had and neither of my kids would ever use one. What a waste. A Walmart GC sounds good to me. I know they have one in her town.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:14 pm

I think gift cards are great in this situtation.... you get so much "junk" or stuff you just really don't need and wont use more than once or twice if at all. With a gift card they can assess what they don't have after the shower and get it.

BTW I love Carter's : )
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:31 pm

tara wrote:

BTW I love Carter's : )
I wanted to get staples and soft things for the baby. One thing about boys' clothes...they're mostly ugly and way too often they're scratchy cheap fabrics. Even for little newborns. When I hold a baby I want to feel a nice, soft, warm little bundle, dammit!

Anyhow, I chose boyish colors instead of the soft mint, blue, or yellow in typical layettes. Like the long-sleeved bodysuits come in a set of four solids - blue, gray, brown & white. They can be worn alone or underneath short-sleeved outfits when it's cold.

Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:51 pm

I also love the long sleeve onsies for the reasons you said, they look fine alone or layered. The cheap-o short sleeve ones are just that, cheap looking.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:50 pm

Mine stayed in onesies or nightgowns until they were older, but I had summer kids. I returned half the crap I got for my shower for bayley, cannot understand a wipe warmer to this day( fire hazard really), and who needs bottles when they are bfing?
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:33 am

Yeah wipe warmers are ridiculous.Although I didn't have kids I babysat for a long time.Carters is a good brand but be careful.Some of their clothes are polyester ,go for the cotton always.The only things I ever bought for a baby shower were convertible baby carriages(with a carrier),car seats,but I also think that a bassinet would come really handy,I think it's a must.
agaphmou
agaphmou

Number of posts : 4523
Honeycomb :

Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down