Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am a blubbering mess...

+8
Sharon
thebigscott
KellyM
trax
Honey
chelle
edbson
Missy
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I am a blubbering mess... Empty I am a blubbering mess...

Post by Missy Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:02 pm

I registered Timmy today. And feel free to chuckle at me as you read what I am writing..

I went in and got all the paperwork. Sit down at the table (gosh, were the cafetaria tables really that low to the ground when I was in school?) and fill it out. It was a lot of repitition and soon just got to wishing I could just write, refer to that other page I wrote all this on! There were a lot of kids playing off to the side and it made me kinda wish that I brought Timmy with, being I left him home with Tim. But then, I thought of when we would have to leave and how much of a pain that would be. So I shook that thought out right away.

Get the paperwork done and stand in line. Hand over my work, get some more papers and I asked a few questions. I guess the preschool teachers like to do a home visit, so I asked to make sure that they will call ahead of time. Sure enough. With Tim working the graveyard shift, and sleeping in the day, I want to make sure she comes at a time that he will be up, or can be up. They also told me I can go look and see where the room is. As I am heading to the hallway to go and see where my son will spend 3 hours a day, I saw a table set up with t-shirts. I got a price list because I would love to see Timmy in a cute lil' school shirt or sweatshirt. I didn't have any cash onhand to buy one, but I guess I can order one anytime in the year.

I head down the hallway towards his classroom. I start looking around, at the empty classrooms, decorated walls, and the little lockers. Was I really that small? Then it hit me... I am not the one going to school anymore. It is my little boy. WAAAHHHH!!! I actually had to HOLD BACK TEARS. lol Oh boy. I was even laughing at myself and so grateful that I was the only one walking down that hall! I get to his room, peek in the closed door to get a look at what the room looks like and then head back to my car.

I am feeling a little better, call my Mom, tell her about it all and then drive home. Takes no time at all. Maybe 5-10 minutes. Go inside, sit down and wait for a commercial to tell Tim all about it (he had gotten into a movie and didn't want to miss anything. Looks like a good movie, might rent it sometime..lol). While I am waiting, I start to look over all the paperwork and then it happens.

I start to bawl my eyes out. After I calm down, I told Tim, that I didn't know if I was just being emotional, or the realization of my little boy growing up or if it was just that time.. which he got a kick of and decided that I was realizing that my little boy is growing up. We went over the paperwork that I brought home together. Told him who was listed as emergency and showed him the school list that I have to buy.

This will be fun...

Baby wipes (2)
Chlorox Bleach Wipes
Box of Kleenex
Roll of Paper Towel
Soap Foam
1 Box of sandwich size ziploc bads
1 Box of Large ziploc bags
small paper plates
large paper plates
hand dispensor of soap
bag of beans
bag of rice
bag of pasta (2)
bag of cotton balls
bag of shredded wrapping paper
bag of aquarium rocks
roll of clear contact paper
pkg of sponges
play doh- 4 pack at least
backpack
change of clothing labeled with child's name for any messes or accidents

And these are some additional items needed, but if I can not get them, I am to let her know at the home visit::

large bag of dirt
styrofoam cups
play sand
medium pumpkins in October (for the pumpkin hunt)
ghourds
bag of apples (differant colors)
seeds
bag of peat gravel
straw/hay
feed corn
bag of mulch
pkg of white cardstock

?? No crayons? No glue? I can get most of it, others I will check with her or someone else where to get it from. Other things, I will wait to get until it is needed. I really wonder what kind of activities will be going on!

Tim and I joked that since Timmy already had a large back pack (he also has a smaller one- of course BOTH are of Spiderman) that we will put everything in the big one... but when we go to put it on his back, it will be too heavy and he will probably lie back with his feet in the air like a turtle (which made me think of that snapping turtle). lol

So, he is registered. He starts school next month. I guess there is a parent's meeting later this month, so I will check that out, maybe meet other Moms. There's a chance for me to wear the Max Factor make-up I am getting from bzzagent! ooo... Here's a better outlook for me. More people to bzz!! lol

Just wanted to share my morning... you can stop laughing now. Laughing
Missy
Missy
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

I am a blubbering mess... Empty Re: I am a blubbering mess...

Post by edbson Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:25 pm

Ahhh, the first days of school, I fondly remember doing the dance on the lawn in my bathrobe right after the bus passed.
His list is um....well....um...creative?
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:33 pm

a home visit?? WTF? Thats just a little.... I dont know. I mean I have had the kids teachers come by my house and drop something off, or what ever.. BUT HELL NO. I aint doin a 'home visit'... very wierd...

And OMFG, does the school have ANY budget?? geeze. that list is rediculous. I knwo the beans are for counting, the plates for snack times (paper towells are on the wall in those metal things, nice brown paper towells...). aquarium rocks?? OMG. RICE? Pasta?? Maybe the are making their own snacks??

feed corn?? do you KNOW what a 50 pound sack of corn is going to cost this year?? seriously?? DH is NOT allowed to feed it to the deer. and we are feeding the fattin calves a differnt food, (what used to be TOO expensive to feed to a fattin calf) cause its gona be AT LEAST 13 bucks a bag.

mulch?? are they growing their own lunches?? making them compost the cafiteria left overs?

Shredded wrapping paper?? can you shred your own?? maybe use christmas paper so its free AND good for the environment??

I have a 3rd and a 4th grader. aside from the trapper keepers I spent less than 12.00 on their supplies.

Granted in the lower grades it was more expensive, BUT, NOT like that. I am sorry, I am just pissed. and amazed..

And I am sorry that you are feeling down. I guess I didnt get that feeling cause I have always had one (or more) left at home. But BR always does. He goes with me and the kids every year, on the first day of school. and I swear, when we put BRett in and then Matt he was tearing up. Me?? I am pushing them out the door and wanting to drive off at a high rate of speed! LOL
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:55 pm

Chelle our walmart had Deer Corn for $10 a bag yesterday, and damn near had a riot!
I don't understand the no glue or crayons, or markers either, they need that stuff.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:16 pm

My sister works at Head Start and they make home visits for every child.
Best of luck Missy. It is hard when they first start, but gets easier right away.
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:33 pm

What kind of school is that? No glue, no crayons.

I am thankful, I am old and somewhat educated.
trax
trax

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:56 pm

OMG Erin... heck, 3 years ago it was 3.50 a bag. And skeet was 3.00 a box. NOW its 7. and 9.00 amazing..

But corn?? that is freakin rediculous... I was pissed at DH for wanting 3 bags for his feeder months ago and I paid 6.50 a bag. I told him to start growin the crap. LOL or just plant peas. they LOVE a pea garden.
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:22 pm

The last list, I guess if I can not get, I let her know.

I frieked when I heard about a home visit. I dunno. Like, how long is she going to be here? Tim works third shift, so she can't be here all day. He needs to sleep. I almost feel like she is telling me that I am a bad Mom and she needs to check up on me, but that is what DCFS is for, right? lol I am thinking it's like a little "interview". See how he is, maybe address what kind of needs he has.. but then again, that is what a P-T conferance at the school is for? I really don't know. I wish I knew someone here to ask.

I dunno, like I said, I really want to see what kind of projects they do if they need what is being asked for.

We live just outside some farms, so I am hoping that I can find a farmer's market and get some stuff for cheap. The apples will be bought at the apple orchard. I love apples, so they will get bought anyways.

Most of the stuff I am buying at the Dollar store. No need to get name brand stuff if I don't have to. Especially if I need to buy mulch and dirt..

I am just as flabbergasted at the list. Here I go in, after seeing others' lists and this is what I get? I would have been fine with buying a box of crayons, but straw? I have no friekin clue where to get this stuff!!

Farm and Fleet maybe? I should have read the list while I was there, so I could ask the teachers/Moms running the thing for help on where to go.

Anyone got a coupon on peat gravel??? Laughing

And yeah, he is my one and only, so I am not ready to kick him out the door just yet. I am sure if I had another one, I wouldn't be so blubbery.

And he has been bugging me all day now to go to school. Just 10 minutes ago, he came up to me and asked if he can go to school to get his books. The bird is ready to fly out of the nest already!! lol
Missy
Missy

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:37 pm

Missy,
I would call the school tomorrow and ask, why the home visit?

And even if you dont want to do the PTA, go to the first called meeting, you would be suprised at who you can meet there.

Also, if you can, and will be avalible, ask his teacher if you can volunteer a few times a week. or once a month, or every day. what ever is good for you.

And yes, you can get generic on quite a bit of that. But do get real playdoh. I know its more expensive, but honestly, its better.

If there is a lowes nearby, go there (home depot might too) and find a bag of mulch thats been ripped. ask i you can buy it. They discount that stuff pretty well.

Get your aquarium rocks at walmart. DONT go to a pet store. and I wouldnt do a home visit. CPS coming to your house is because you are suspected of doing something wrong. Or to make sure you are good enough to help an unwanted child, the school coming to your house to interview you? Unless this is a private school where you are begging to get in, I'd have to refuse.

But honestly, if you are comfertable with it, then by all means, be yourself. I am NOT and wouldnt EVER be. For me its kinda like uniforms. The public school system works for ME. I interview the teacher, I decide if they are good enough for my child. Not the other way around. But, you might be okay with it. And I might just be stirring the pot for no reason.
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:16 pm

I think home visits are just to learn more about the child by meeting his family and seeing his home. I wouldn't freak out really. It will likely be no big deal. Everyone has to do it anyway, you will look like you are hiding something if you complain about it imho.
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:13 pm

But why? To see if I clean my carpets? I think thats going beyond 'learning the child'. and can potentially lead to problems. what if that teacher is a PETA member, comes to my house and sees my deer heads on the walls? little Johnny is labled.

OR even somthing as subtle as she just hates the color green, and my living room is painted bright green? Its just getting too much into MY business I think. This is the woman I am entrusting MY child to, I want to go to HER house and be served tea and biscuts.

My home is always open to everyone. But this as a requirement? way out there.

and as far as just going along cause everyone else does? Thats why leads the sheep to the slaughter.. IMO Smile
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:09 pm

Missy, if you feel comfortable with the home visit that's great, I however feel the same way chelle does. If my kids were that age again, I don't know that I would agree to it, simply because it's the principle of the whole thing. The teacher will end up favoring Jill cause she comes from a two parent single family home in the nice area of the burbs and feel like Jack is the poor disadvantaged kid because him and his 4 brothers and sisters live in an apartment with their single mother in a bad part of town. No one can tell me that this would not affect how the teacher reacts to and/or views that child. I just have a hard time with that. I think the schools are getting too involved with what goes on in the home and not involved enough with what goes on right in the school building. Ok so if Freddie comes to school disheveled and dirty everyday, they have the right to call CPS, that is understandable. I just don't understand why the home visit is necessary. To determine the needs of the child, mmm I don't know about that. If one child lives in a house that's not as nice as another child, does that child have more needs, who determines what the needs are and what is important and what is not? Hmm not my cup of tea, and I am glad that my kids are through that part of things without me having to jump through those hoops.

On a different note, I did cry with both kids on their first few days of school. What really hit me was last year when I was signing up my son (my baby) for freshman orientation at the highschool, and all I could think of is no more orientations to go to, that the next thing I would be going to is my daughters graduation, and then my son's graduation the year after that, ugghh. But all the same I can't wait for them to go tomorrow (tomorrow is their first day here).
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:42 pm

LOL Kelly!! I think when Brett goes to 5th grade it will be hard on me, cause he is growing up. I mean I just realized he is 9. that means half his 'home life' is gone. I dont think I have done a good enough job in those 9 years I have had him. I just hope I can fix those 9 in the next 9 and deal with the puberty drama.. LOL

And matt, he is RIGHT behind Brett. I dont know how I will react with Bow going. of course my kids didnt go to prek . Only kindergarten. and its a full day. But I find myself watching Bow learn to stand, feed himself and all that and realizing this is the last baby I will ever have. And he is growin up so fast I am missing it. Sad

I can just imagine how hard it would be to send a single to school. But honestly, when there are a half dozen of them, you are ready for them to be gone.. LOL

And Kelly said what I wanted to say, just much better. I have just never even heard of such a thing.
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:48 pm

can you purchase feed corn with MyPoints?? Twisted Evil
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:50 pm

In KY home visits are mandatory. But it's a good thing. The idea is that if a child is being abused or in a horrible environment, the school will be more likely to find out. They don't care if your house is clean or there are two parents. They want to know that you aren't cooking meth in the back room. Nonetheless, I am freaking out a bit over the upcoming home visit for Zoe.

If she gets one. Cause the school called yesterday and they had a record number of in-district kids sign up this year and they aren't sure how many or which out of district kids can come. We're out of district... meaning she's supposed to go to a different school, but Scott wanted the kids in this school. Worst case scenario she'll go to the school that she's in district for, but that will mean she's in a different school system than Zaven and Caly. There's no way I'm moving the whole bunch of them and making Z and C go to a new school.

But Missy, that school supply list is wierd. Way too much stuff. What do poor kids do?
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:04 pm

Is it mandatory for EVERYONE or just prek ?? at what age do they stop? middle school?

I can honestly say there is no way I would accept it. Maybe its just being a bitch, but I just cant see doing it.
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:53 pm

Tim and I were very put off by it.

When I was first pregnant, I applied for WIC and it was mandatory to have a "consoulor" (sp) come to the home. I think I was more about showing her that I had the crib, look, we have the car seat than she was to just sit at the table, give me a ton of books and then leave. lol

Every kid in pre-k gets the home visit, in this town. When I set up the schooling, it was through some sort of Early Childhood Center, and though he is going to the public school, the pre-k is set up through that center.

I have no problem having her come to my home, I think maybe it is me saying "I have nothing to hide." But I am weirded out by the whole thing. Everything, not just the visit. The list. I am remembering when I went to school and it just seems so different.

Thank you all for the hints on the mulch and everything. I did plan on real play-doh. I remember even the homemade stuff isn't nearly as good.

and chelle, I in no way think you are being a bitch or anything else but concerned. :-)
Missy
Missy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharon Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:16 am

Quick question I know I don't know you guys -but do you have bring that all at once? why the corn feed?? Here in Ma I would not even now where to buy feed?? Is this a head start program?? I just never heard of so much stuff... During the day I work at the high school here in town and I own a Hair salon and work nights -I only work at the school since it has GREAT benefits since i own my own business-but even at a high school level you need to bring a ton of stuff but I have never heard of what your telling me..How can people afford to bring that all in?? Plus I am sure that is not the end of the list.. Good luck

My kids are 12 and 8 and when I brought my first child to preschool I almost threw up walking her in-I still cry the 1st day of school because I know it's another year going by. My son the 1st day of preschool i sat in the hallway waiting for him a mess-he has medical issuses and was non-verbal and I was scared to death-now after speech through school and private speech and 2 operations his speech is much better. But do become a involved parent it ease's the worries join the parenst club-get to know the teachers ask a billion and one questions-become friends with the other parents. For me I became leader for my son cub scouts and then my husband will take over. Thats where I met one of my best friends who just happened to be my daughters 5th grade teacher. I wish you all the luck in world from one Mom to another.. Wish me luck since my 12 year old looks like a 15 year old and is taller than me and 16 year old boys are eyeing her so now I am in another stage in my life.And yes I am still a mess -since she is going into the 6th grade and this is her last year of middle school and off to the high school she goes next year-here the high school and jr high are in the same building--Plus it makes me fell old long gone of the days of the sports car-now drive a mini van-the other day I was looked at a bleach blonde in a trans am-and screamed in my head that use to be me(LOL)!! Still bleach blonde though (LOL) but then i looked in the back seat and saw my kids and said ahhhh there worth it good luck

sorry if spelling error's it's late and my nails are hard to type with (LOL)
Sharon
Sharon
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 319
Honeycomb : level 6 -1 gold keys
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:15 am

Hello sharon! Nice to meet you and please feel free to jump right in! Smile Most everyone here speaks their mind. Not me of course, I am a little put off by it all.. You know, just being around all these outspoken people makes me uncomfertable..

I am a blubbering mess... 88315

I agree, there is no way that most people can afford that list. I know beans and rice and all are less than a buck a pack. BUT just to buy apples for the class, thats 12 bucks. and corn?

I can tell you I live in the RURAL south. I still have dial up. and have no choice. We actually raise a fairly large garden, and I dont buy a bag of corn that big. Thats like to feed a freakin hog.

But the aquarium rocks, and other crap. thats what blows my mind. mulch and peatmoss, and all. I couldnt afford it. There is no way.

and I agree with you, joing the parent org. is the best thing I ever did. I LOVE it. of course I am good about giving my opinion, working to make everyone SEE that I am right, and following through to convince them that I was after all right, and it did work that way. LOL

I am glad that your son was able to overcome all of that! and I dont even want to hear about the daughter and the boys! mine is 4. Luckily she is mean as a rattler and most kids are scared of her. I just hope it stays that way till she is 18. LOL

Missy, Really? they get into your business that much there? wow. Here they just want a pos pregnancy test and your social (unless you are illegal and then they expidite the paperwrk and all that is required is you sign it. Smile LOL )

Even though my kids didnt go to prek I KNOW they dont do that here. Its almost like they are trying to make the teachers a social worker. and I wasnt trying to bring up things to scare you. I am sure its routine to them. I have just never seen such. Its amazing to me. And honestly, I would question the vadility of most of that list. OR if you volunteer you can SEE when its needed, see what gets used and what goes home for her supper Razz LOL

ANd do they not do crayons? Here they get wierd things, but at least its mostly construction paper, glue sticks, play doh, crayons, and pencils. they dont want you to buy pencils??
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharon Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:50 am

Hey there thanks for the greeting!! I have been to Texas I won a trip there through the good housekeeping magzine- It was to the river walk and six flags for 5 days and since we were there we said what the heck and spent 2 weeks in Texas touring the state. It's is very pretty there- much different than here New England. We went to Dallas and Houston and then went to south lardoe(sp) near the Mexico border. Then went into Mexico and walked around the shops I spent so much money I had to go to walmart and buy trunks to ship items home. My Family loved the Blankets and lace table cloths and mexican jackets don't see stuff like that around here (LOL)...I do have to say real mexican food is nasty I will take Taco Bell any time (LOL). But my husband loved the steaks in Texas that's for sure!!! Here in M.a. steak is great but nothing like Texas.--It's all about seafood here.....

Sorry to get off the subject this is the 1st chat room I have ever done and I only joined it since I love being a bzz agent. Kind of corny HUH?? (LOL) and read about it on the bee log.

Ok so what does the larva stars mean?? Plus I need to have a my husband show me how to put a pic on it (Salem witch) would be nice (LOL) and to put on my campaigns on it also! I look forward to chatting with you all....does anyone ever swap coupons from different campaigns??
Sharon
Sharon
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 319
Honeycomb : level 6 -1 gold keys
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:06 am

Welcome Sharon! The stars and status are just our little way to keep things interesting as you post. I think there have been a few people who have sent coupons to others and then reported the bzz.

Missy, as someone who works midnights I definately wouldn't bend over backwards for the home visit. People who don't work midnights have no idea what it's like! I've had to do home visits as part of my job in the past (when I wasn't on midnights of course!) and I was basically doing developmental testing in an environment where the child was more comfortable. Most of the homes were not what I would consider clean, but I wasn't there to judge that. If I had seen any crack pipes or a grow op in the livingroom I would have reported it, but my goal was to do the assessment and then let the family go back to their lives.
Devon is starting kindergarden this year. We have junior kindergarden here here, but I keep the boys home that extra year. Our list consists of a box of fat crayons, a box of regular sized crayons, a pair of indoor shoes (I had to buy a pair of outdoor shoes too since he's grown so much this summer), a box of Kleenex, a couple of glue sticks, a lunch box to pack his snack in every day, and a backpack and that's it! Is it possible that since you were a bit emotional that they were asking for some of that stuff as donations if you happen to have any of it around and you just misread it? I know that I missed a few things when we went to register Dev because I wasn't thinking 100% straight either. I know there's no way I would bring all that stuff in!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:43 am

Ceilidh is in preschool again this year (starting up again in September), and her list consists of a backpack, and a blanket for naptime. We didn't have to supply anything else. We also paid $120/week (full days) last year and it's going up this year. They don't do home visits for school here, but they do home visits shortly after a baby is born (about 2-3 weeks after baby is born). I was nervous for the one with Ceilidh, but with Zach it didn't bother me.
aurora04
aurora04
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by WhtTigress Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:52 am

That list is definitely odd. I didn't take my daughter to prek, and I can't find the pre-k list for her district, but here is the Kindergarten list for the school she went to:

Kindergarten
All supplies will be placed in community tubs to be used as needed.
2 – Number Two Lead Pencils THIS IS TWO BOXES
3 – Bottles of Elmer’s Glue (white only – NO paste or gel)
1 – Box of Kleenex
2 – Water Colors (small)
2 – Boxes of Crayons
1 – Pair of Scissors (Fiskars)
1 – Package Crayola Markers (washable preferred)
SNACKS: A-I/Crackers, J-R/Cookies, S-Z/Fruit snacks or pretzels
$4.00 to cover the cost of special projects, parties and activities.
NO LABELS/NAMES ON KINDERGARTEN SUPPLIES ARE NEEDED.

I don't remember having to bring the snacks, but I have to wonder why they don't just buy all that stuff in bulk and ask for a few dollars per person for projects... it makes much more sense that way. I just can believe they aren't using crayons or glue... I mean how are they supposed to glue that macaroni to stuff without glue???
WhtTigress
WhtTigress
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 105
Honeycomb : Level 6 - Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:15 am

aurora04 wrote:Ceilidh is in preschool again this year (starting up again in September), and her list consists of a backpack, and a blanket for naptime. We didn't have to supply anything else. We also paid $120/week (full days) last year and it's going up this year. They don't do home visits for school here, but they do home visits shortly after a baby is born (about 2-3 weeks after baby is born). I was nervous for the one with Ceilidh, but with Zach it didn't bother me.
Now that you mention it I remember them wanting to do a home visit after the kids were born. With Devon I told them I was too sick to have them over, which was true. With Sam I saw it was the health unit calling and didn't answer the phone. I did not want some nurse that I didn't know coming over to my house to see how I was doing -- I have family and friends who do know me for that!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:14 am

aurora04 wrote:Ceilidh is in preschool again this year (starting up again in September), and her list consists of a backpack, and a blanket for naptime. We didn't have to supply anything else. We also paid $120/week (full days) last year and it's going up this year. They don't do home visits for school here, but they do home visits shortly after a baby is born (about 2-3 weeks after baby is born). I was nervous for the one with Ceilidh, but with Zach it didn't bother me.

WOW $120 a week.....I am paying $120 a month for 2 of them to go to a private Pre K! If I want them to go fulll days it would be $180.

edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next