Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We have a tropical storm headed our way...

+6
BeachyBum
chelle
Missy
thebigscott
tara
edbson
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

We have a tropical storm headed our way... - Page 2 Empty Re: We have a tropical storm headed our way...

Post by edbson Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:05 am

LOL, yes. It hit about 20 or so ( linear) miles from me. Just across the lake at the wildlife refuge.

We have some rain, some big wind gusts. All in all IMO the storm SUnday night was worse. The weathermen are making it sound alot worse than it is. (ME and the kids slept thru most of it)

I have power for now, and I have some pics to upload. If the power goes I will have to use the generator.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

We have a tropical storm headed our way... - Page 2 Empty Re: We have a tropical storm headed our way...

Post by tara Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:09 am

whew, glad to hear it. All that rum and coke yesterday must have paid off.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:42 am

ROFLMAO tara!

I knew it was close to you erin, when I went to bed they were saying "houston" then I woke up about 20 minutes ago and they said "between Sabine Pass and HIgh Island" I am glad this one wasnt the 'big one' cause they were WAY off.. LOL And you can just see the disapointment on the faces of the idiots standing in rain coats with a microphone on the beaches... Of course I was able to hear "nothing like New Orleans got hit" already. and I have been up less than 30 minutes. LOL

its raining here already. But it just looks like it set in for a solid rain. Of course they are calling for our temps to be 105 again tomorrow.

But it wasnt too very bad. They have all the chit chat shows on TV instead of running around showing the damage.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:50 am

Yep, nothing majoe. We still have about 50 mph winds, and some gusts, but nothing huge.
The weather people are always WAY off, they don't have a clue. They DO look somewhat disappointed however.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:39 pm

We had a tornado warning last night.. but it was just south of us. Lost the power for a short time, resulting in losing my cable and net up until just about an hour ago.

I took some beautiful pics of the sky after the rain died down. Tim loves the shots I get and I love some too. lol

I will post a link when I upload them. Have to go to the store and get dinner now. =)
Missy
Missy
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by BeachyBum Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:58 pm

This is my theory on where hurricanes will hit ...... wherever Jim Cantore is stationed! They always put him right at the spot of their best prediction. lol
BeachyBum
BeachyBum
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 791
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~ 2 Golden Keys ~ Bzzing since 2003
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:52 pm

It's all moved out now, headed for Chelle's house!
I dunno about news people, I think they are all idiots.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:42 pm

whoo-hoo! Honestly, I need the rain, but the wind you could have kept. LOL

actaully if it wernt for the periodic cloud bursts I would be outside right now. Its so cool and the breeze is so nice. There is NOTHING like a huricanne to cool things off a little. For a few days at least Wink
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by BeachyBum Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:48 pm

I agree Chelle, that and they take the humidity away!
As long as the power stays on, I'm all good. I need my air conditioning.
BeachyBum
BeachyBum

Number of posts : 791
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~ 2 Golden Keys ~ Bzzing since 2003
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:50 pm

chelle wrote:whoo-hoo! Honestly, I need the rain, but the wind you could have kept. LOL

actaully if it wernt for the periodic cloud bursts I would be outside right now. Its so cool and the breeze is so nice. There is NOTHING like a huricanne to cool things off a little. For a few days at least Wink

Well maybe I've got to re-think this hurricane business... if that's what it takes to cool things down, then I'm all for it. 7pm and 93 degrees. Today, the heat index was 105. I got up at 5:15 to be out walking by 5:30, walked for 1-1/2 hours, home and spent two hours watering and doing a little weeding.

Dang, I'm so ready for some cool down! or rain.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:11 pm

beachy, YEP! AC is a must!! I am SOOOOO glad we didnt loose it. When you go with out it or any elec at all for a month in 100 degree weather you learn to respect it for dang sure! LOL

After RIta my Sister in law and Brother in law slept on the hood of their truck for days cause it was cooler than even the porch or dog trot. TIll they got the generator hooked up.

LOL Dee, Yep, huricannes are good for something. OH and no skeeters for a while! LOL or LOVE BUGS!!

But it is 76 right now. and tommorow will be kinda cool tomorrow too. Only 93.
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:57 pm

Well edourd has officially pissed me off

I just lost satilite signal.
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2