Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here we go again-WINTER STORM WATCH

+6
trax
bizzeedee
thebigscott
crystajewel
Rebecca1340
valerie
10 posters

Go down

Here we go again-WINTER STORM WATCH Empty Here we go again-WINTER STORM WATCH

Post by valerie Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:30 pm

WINTER STORM WATCH: Colchester County - Truro and SouthIssued at 3:34 PM AST TUESDAY 30 DECEMBER 2008
SNOWFALL POSSIBLY EXCEEDING 15 CENTIMETRES AND STRONG WINDS WILL DEVELOP WEDNESDAY NIGHT INTO NEW YEARS DAY. THIS IS AN ALERT TO THE POTENTIAL DEVELOPMENT OF DANGEROUS WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS IN THESE REGIONS. MONITOR WEATHER CONDITIONS..LISTEN FOR UPDATED STATEMENTS.

A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL PASS SOUTH OF THE GREAT LAKES THIS EVENING THEN INTENSIFY AS IT MOVES EASTWARD TOWARD THE U.S. SEABOARD WEDNESDAY MORNING. THE LOW WILL UNDERGO REDEVELOPMENT SOUTHEAST OF CAPE COD ON WEDNESDAY AND THIS RESULTING SYSTEM WILL INTENSIFY FURTHER AS IT TRACKS NORTHEASTWARD WEDNESDAY NIGHT TO PASS SOUTH OF NOVA SCOTIA THURSDAY MORNING. SNOW WILL DEVELOP AHEAD OF THIS SYSTEM OVER SOUTHWESTERN NOVA SCOTIA LATE IN THE DAY WEDNESDAY AND SPREAD TO THE REST OF MAINLAND NOVA SCOTIA DURING THE EVENING..WITH AMOUNTS POSSIBLY REACHING OR EXCEEDING 15 CENTIMETRES DURING THE NIGHT IN SOUTHWESTERN SECTIONS. STRONG NORTHEAST WINDS WILL LIKELY DEVELOP LATER IN THE EVENING AND OVERNIGHT AS THE LOW DRAWS CLOSER...GIVING REDUCED VISIBILITIES IN BLOWING SNOW. THE LATEST COMPUTER GUIDANCE IS IN AGREEMENT ON DEVELOPING THIS LOW INTO A SIGNIFICANT WINTER STORM SOUTH OF NOVA SCOTIA ON NEW YEARS DAY. HOWEVER...THERE IS STILL UNCERTAINTY IN THE EXACT TRACK THIS SYSTEM WILL TAKE AS IT APPROACHES. GIVEN THIS UNCERTAINTY...AND THE FACT THE SYSTEM WILL ONLY AFFECT THE END OF THE CURRENT FORECAST PERIOD...A WINTER STORM WATCH HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR MAINLAND NOVA SCOTIA AT THIS TIME. THIS WATCH MAY BE EXTENDED. OR UPGRADED TO AN APPROPRIATE WARNING STATUS IN SUBSEQUENT FORECASTS AS CONFIDENCE IN THE TRACK OF THIS SYSTEM AND ITS IMPACTS INCREASES. THE PUBLIC IS ADVISED TO EXPECT DETERIORATING TRAVELLING CONDITIONS WEDNESDAY NIGHT AND THE POSSIBILITY OF VERY POOR TRAVELLING CONDITIONS AND STRONG WINDS FOR NEW YEARS DAY. SUBSEQUENT FORECASTS SHOULD BE MONITORED IN THE LIKELIHOOD THAT WARNINGS WILL BE REQUIRED.

6 more months until summer vacation! Twisted Evil
valerie
valerie
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 680
Honeycomb : Level 6 Finally there!!
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Here we go again-WINTER STORM WATCH Empty Re: Here we go again-WINTER STORM WATCH

Post by Rebecca1340 Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:36 pm

Summer? Don't you mean the season of road construction? That's what it is around here!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Here we go again-WINTER STORM WATCH Empty Re: Here we go again-WINTER STORM WATCH

Post by valerie Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:40 pm

Rebecca1340 wrote:Summer? Don't you mean the season of road construction? That's what it is around here!

That is exactly what I meant to say. Razz
But at least it is warm and I don't have to work.
valerie
valerie

Back to top Go down

Post by crystajewel Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:55 pm

humm here all we do is sweat all the time

i wish it was milder summers here and not 100+ degrees

they do road construction year round here and i think they are slower that ya'lls people because they have all year LOL

crystajewel
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 231
Honeycomb : busy bee
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:59 pm

We just swing back and forth between hot and cold. 20's, then 60's, then teens, then 70's. All in the same week. All spring and all fall. Winter and summer are almost a relief because you at least know what to expect.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:27 pm

thebigscott wrote: Winter and summer are almost a relief because you at least know what to expect.

Not in Hoptown! Winter to us is always a surprise. Lat 4 days its been like spring, 60-70, next week it'll be something in the mid to high 40's. Good thing I keep year around clothes in the closet Laughing
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:28 pm

Must be he*l from one coast of Canada to the other. Where I reside (British Columbia - interior) there is nothing but snow, more snow, so much snow I think I am going to drown in it!
trax
trax

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:33 pm

Man, I really feel for all you people living in snow country. Had to many years of that myselt. The best think DH and I did was move south. But feel so bad when I hear from family and friends about the crap going up up north, out west, out east.... I sure don't miss it. Not that it can't be cold here, not that it can't ice here, or even snow.... but it does, it's short lived.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by valerie Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:41 pm

trax wrote:Must be he*l from one coast of Canada to the other. Where I reside (British Columbia - interior) there is nothing but snow, more snow, so much snow I think I am going to drown in it!

This is a really weird year for weather.
I heard on the news the other night that it is the first time in decades that it was a white Christmas from coast to coast.
valerie
valerie

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:44 pm

[quote="valerieThis is a really weird year for weather.
I heard on the news the other night that it is the first time in decades that it was a white Christmas from coast to coast.[/quote]

Except for south of the Mason Dixon Line Laughing
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by valerie Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

bizzeedee wrote:Except for south of the Mason Dixon Line Laughing

Here we go again-WINTER STORM WATCH 943722
valerie
valerie

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:35 am

bizzeedee wrote:
thebigscott wrote: Winter and summer are almost a relief because you at least know what to expect.

Not in Hoptown! Winter to us is always a surprise. Lat 4 days its been like spring, 60-70, next week it'll be something in the mid to high 40's. Good thing I keep year around clothes in the closet Laughing

I was thinking more of knowing it'll be cold in February and hot in August. Because you're right, there's only a few months of the year when we know for sure.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by valerie Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:47 pm

We are now calling for 35-45cm of snow.(approx 6inches ?)
And gale force winds.
Nice eh ? Here we go again-WINTER STORM WATCH 504522
valerie
valerie

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:16 pm

cheers We got out of our driveway today. To no avail. The main rural roads have not been ploughed, it is a mess out there.

Happy New Year to you and yours. Cheers Here we go again-WINTER STORM WATCH 439161 and Prine in 2009 Here we go again-WINTER STORM WATCH 812984

teehee - although John Prine is not rock - I am quite certain you all get my (snow) drift.
trax
trax

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:41 pm

thebigscott wrote:We just swing back and forth between hot and cold. 20's, then 60's, then teens, then 70's. All in the same week. All spring and all fall. Winter and summer are almost a relief because you at least know what to expect.

Same here, never know what to wear the next day.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharon Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:51 pm

Good luck with all the snow!!! Here Massachusetts were having a storm where are getting anywhere between 6-8 inches or 8-12 inches depends on what Tv station your watching or Raidio Station (LOL) --It noramlly takes me about 25 mins to get back and forth to work each way --NO not today (LOL) 1hour and 40 mins the traffic is at a crawl and people are rude drivers here -- I had the kids in the car so I go extra slow driving ---
Sharon
Sharon
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 319
Honeycomb : level 6 -1 gold keys
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:53 pm

We are also under a weather warning (Blizzard). We are supposed to get 30-40 cms of snow and 100+km/hr winds. DH is at his parents place now trying to get our generator working just in case.
aurora04
aurora04

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by valerie Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:06 am

aurora04 wrote:We are also under a weather warning (Blizzard). We are supposed to get 30-40 cms of snow and 100+km/hr winds. DH is at his parents place now trying to get our generator working just in case.

Our latest warning:

BLIZZARD CONDITIONS EXPECTED FOR LATE THIS EVENING AND NEW YEARS DAY. THIS IS A WARNING THAT BLIZZARD CONDITIONS WITH NEAR-ZERO VISIBILITIES ARE EXPECTED IN THESE REGIONS. MONITOR WEATHER CONDITIONS..LISTEN FOR UPDATED STATEMENTS.
60 CENTIMETRES POSSIBLE IN SOME AREAS BEFORE SNOW TAPERS TO FLURRIES THURSDAY EVENING. STRONG NORTHEASTERLY WINDS WILL DEVELOP AS THE LOW APPROACHES TONIGHT THEN SHIFT TO VERY STRONG NORTHERLY WINDS THURSDAY MORNING AS THE LOW PASSES SOUTHEAST OF THE PROVINCE. MAINLAND NOVA SCOTIA WILL LIKELY SEE WIND GUSTS OF 80 TO 100 KM/H WITH LOCALLY HIGHER GUSTS POSSIBLE OVER SOME EXPOSED LOCATIONS.
valerie
valerie

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:12 am

The best friend living rural is not John Prine - it is a generator! Good Luck and hope for the best.
trax
trax

Back to top Go down

Post by valerie Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:57 am

So far we still have power, but with the blizzard outside right now I doubt it will stay on much longer.
valerie
valerie

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:28 am

We actually faired really well. We didn't get much snow (maybe about 4 inches or so but I am quite sheltered by trees, so I don't know what the actual amount is), but it's still snowing outside. We have hardly any wind and it isn't too cold outside. We just got back inside from playing in it for about an hour. Hopefully you continue to keep your power Valerie!
aurora04
aurora04

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by valerie Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:46 pm

These were taken a few minutes ago.....

Here we go again-WINTER STORM WATCH 000_0437-1

Here we go again-WINTER STORM WATCH 000_0440

Here we go again-WINTER STORM WATCH 000_0441

Here we go again-WINTER STORM WATCH 000_0443
valerie
valerie

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:42 pm

Holy Snow Crap. Feel bad for all of you, wouldn't wish that kind of storm on my best worst enemy.

Stay safe, and hopefully with power for all.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyssa Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:32 pm

Thanks for the pics, Valerie. It reminds me why I moved south. Brrrrr!

Just high winds and (relative) cold here, but they're saying we've got a chance at some white stuff around mid-week. I just hate what all of this cold is doing to my heating bill! Heat pumps were not designed for this.

Nyssa

Number of posts : 525
Honeycomb : Just entering the Black Hole
Registration date : 2008-06-17

http://nyssa.cnc.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down