Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We have a tropical storm headed our way...

+6
BeachyBum
chelle
Missy
thebigscott
tara
edbson
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

We have a tropical storm headed our way... Empty We have a tropical storm headed our way...

Post by edbson Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:09 pm

http://www.kfdm.com/news/tropical_27217___article.html/warning_issued.html

We are under a TS watch, which will probablky be a warning by tomorrow..wish us luck because we are not gonna evacuate . DD is way too preggy to be going off anywhere.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

We have a tropical storm headed our way... Empty Re: We have a tropical storm headed our way...

Post by tara Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:13 pm

Good Luck
How you all live down there is beyond me I would be scared to death all the time. Central NY is boring but boring isn't always a bad thing.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

We have a tropical storm headed our way... Empty Re: We have a tropical storm headed our way...

Post by thebigscott Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:46 pm

I'll be praying for you. I hope it's a false alarm.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:55 pm

Good luck, please check in when you can. I will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts!
Missy
Missy

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:24 pm

it might even be a category 1 hurricane, nothing big. We are under a hurricane watch now.
We are about 100 feet from Sabine Lake, which is not really a lake, but a Bay. We could get a storm surge, but if it rains alot my neighbors will get water in their houses before I get it in my yard even...I am on a bit of a hill, at the top of the little hill.

Tara, honestly, it is either hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes, or snow to your a$$..... depending on what part of the US you live in. I will take hurricanes.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:58 pm

Me too. Although I didnt want one right now.. Sad LOL

I didnt watch the news tonight. Guess I should go and watch it. Oh hell. I have it set to record it every night except the weekends!! Sad crap.

and of course the durn weather channel is showing a special..

Thanks for the heads up.. Heck the storm that came through earlier had LOTS of wind, but I didnt get much rain out of it. Just enough to make a mess in the yard.. LOL
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:00 am

Just saw the 'weather on the eights' looks like it was about 104 today.

At least we do need the rain. I want a fall garden. Smile
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:04 am

OMg we drove home from Lufkin thru that storm. There were trees down on why 69 just north and south of Huntington, and Huntington was flooded in town. The wind was BAD, especially near Warren and Woodville. It rained all the way home, and Beaumont had gotten alot of wind too.
It apparently came thru here too, there was a tree down at the corner, and DD cannot find her trash cans.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:11 am

Well, I saw it on TWC. looks like it is gona miss me completly. I will end up with the nasty side that spawns all the tornados, depending on his size. damn coonass storm .. Wink
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:14 am

OH no erin!! There was lots of wind here at my house, But I never even got the feeling it was that bad! You passed within ... what? 15 miles of my house?

Good luck finding the trash cans. The kids had put some trash in the burn barrel earlier. I went out to add more after it came through and couldnt find it. So I reckon someon will have a bunch of soda boxes to burn... LOL

and it did come through right as I was finishing up my last batch of watermelon Jelly and watermelon rind perservers.. Neither one set good. I have syrupy jelly and perserves in sweet water and not syrup.. Same damn thing happened with my grape and apple last month. I am just glad I didnt start the muscidine tonight, or the other batch of Rind perserves. I would have really been ticked off!

Speaking of Lufkin, where did y'all end up eating? my kids got to eat at Red Lobster yesterday. the ungrateful brats... My BIL and SIL took them to the zoo and then to RL. what a waste. LOL
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by BeachyBum Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:17 am

What I like a bout a good tropical storm, (as long as it isn't going directly over you) is that the wind cleans the roofs and the trees ....... the rain washes everything, and usually as soon as it passes it's bright and sunny the next few days sunny

Part of my hurricane preparedness is a trip to the liqour store for Captain Morgan and a few bags of ice!

Glad you made it through the storm you guys!

Oh, and hurricanes, at least you have warnings ....... tornadoes, now THEY scare me!
BeachyBum
BeachyBum
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 791
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~ 2 Golden Keys ~ Bzzing since 2003
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:17 am

take care edbenson......be safe
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:48 am

Tornadoes do scare the crap out of me, I will hide in the hall with the kids.

Good idea on the liquor store trip, I might need a little Captain. Dh would appreciate me not freaking out or anything.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:22 am

Nope, I will keep the snow up to my ass! Just the though of tornados and hurricanes scare me. A trip to the liquor store for some Captain doesn't sound bad though. I told hubby to stop after swimming lessons, I need to be prepared in case you guys get a tropical storm, he looked at me a bit funny, shrugged and said ok, lol.
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:45 am

I was just reading about Edouard on the net and immediately thought of you two (Erin & Chelle)...

Hope it turns out to be nothing more than rain and very little wind. And I'm with Tara, I'll take the snow (which we rarely get where I live), and the tornados (which fortunately always seem to go just north of south of us), and even the hot dry days. But don't put me in the path of a hurricane.

Way back when, I worked for an airline... a group of us were sent to Jamiaca to experience it so we could sell it to customers. The day we were scheduled to come back, via Miami, a hurricane was in progress so we had to stay in Jamiaca for two extra days. Darn! Laughing and when we were finally cleared to fly to Miami, we arrived in what I considered to be a hurricane in progress! The palm trees were almost laying down. The sky was dark. The rain, OMG, it was coming down in buckets -- sideways!

I just can't imagine living in an area during hurricane season.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:46 pm

ROFLMAO at tara getting some capt morgans!

Huricannes dont really scare me. LIke my great aunt said today In 82 years nothing like RIta has ever hit here before, so whats the chances of another? and honestly, we have storms come through here that have tropical winds of that speed. My agervation comes from the possibility of the lights going out for weeks. and the fact that EVERYONE is making a run on the grocery stores. I dont want to go in today. But I am OUT of milk. (again) and bread. Sad

Tornado's .... I live in a trailer, so I know there aint no survivin one. LOL I get a little aprehensive, Its more of the fact that they usually happen at night that agervates me. You cant see them comin.
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Yeah, I went to Wal mart to pick up an RX and there is no bottled water, no bread etc. People act like it is going to be a huge deal, when it really isn't. Nothing worse than what we had last sept.
I DID get gas for the second generator, just in case.it takes 2 to run my house...LOl, but at 3.64 a gallon, and only running for about 12 hours on 5 gallons, we might just have to sweat.

They ordered an evacuation for Lower Cameron Parish in La. I am SO glad I don't live in la, since they have mandatory and cam physically remove you if needed.

We usually get it right after Cameron, and the tides are kinda high, water creeping into the yard, nothing major, just a few inches or so higher than normal...maybe 6-8....I am on the edge of Sabine Lake, lit is literally part of my backyard, so we might get some storm surge later tonite or in the morning. I am not going to evacuate though......

Last edited by edbson on Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:56 pm

I sent money with my mom.
3 gallons of milk (the real stuff)
3 loaves of Mrs. Bairds, large loaf
2 cases of sams choice water (24 bottles 20oz each)
and a 12 ack of DR Pepper

This was on my list anyway, its just what I will HAVE to have to live for the next few days. The rest of the groceries were just fillers. I can suvive out of the cabinets.

Of course she came back with white wheat bread, and 2 12 packs of water. That is NOT good, she spent twice as much on water that she should have, and storm or no storm I will have to go back and get more in a few days... Sad

But I knew I wouldnt be going to town till tomorrow and didnt want to get there and everything be gone. I swear, people act like idits when they hear "troprical storm, Texas Coast"....
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:05 pm

It took me and 11yo DD over an hour to get the boat out of the water and on the trailer.....UGH, but I did make a liquor store run, so it's all good.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by BeachyBum Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:13 pm

That must have been during Hurricane Andrew!

We had those 4 hurricanes in a row a few years back ..... got hit in some way by all 4 of them, although Charley and Jean were the worst at my house.

Lost a tree and power in each one, but no one hurt.

I'll tell ya though, the Captain Morgan DOES help!
We have a tropical storm headed our way... 439161
BeachyBum
BeachyBum

Number of posts : 791
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~ 2 Golden Keys ~ Bzzing since 2003
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggie Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:28 pm

Good luck & be safe!!
Maggie
Maggie

Number of posts : 1181
Honeycomb : Level 6, 1 Golden Key
Registration date : 2008-03-22

http://moneyandfreebies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:53 pm

have you seen a comprehensive county map erin? I see how big he is (not strong just big. Heck we had 50 MPH gusts with that storm last night. ) I am just wonderin if he will be sendin the 'nasty side' to us? if he is that big?
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:10 pm

Hope everything goes ok for all of you -- I'll stick with the snow and ice storms here! We get tornados around here in the summer months too, but they're usually pretty short lived.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:38 pm

chelle wrote:have you seen a comprehensive county map erin? I see how big he is (not strong just big. Heck we had 50 MPH gusts with that storm last night. ) I am just wonderin if he will be sendin the 'nasty side' to us? if he is that big?

It ain't that big, but I Am in the cat 1 storm surge area, soooo, we'll see. They said a while ago it looks like Crystal Beach area, which is even closer to me than what they said earlier.ughhh, gonna get wet regardless.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:36 am

Well????? It's morning and the news said it hit the coast are you guys all right?
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next