Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My daughter had reaction to 4 yr shots

+8
mrschia
thebigscott
bizzeedee
kath
Missy
tara
edbson
Ender5803
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My daughter had reaction to 4 yr shots - Page 2 Empty Re: My daughter had reaction to 4 yr shots

Post by Lori Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:07 am

tara wrote: Luckily we have years before we have to worry but I caution anyone to think hard before giving their daughters Gaurdasil. Not my business but these girls are basically guines pigs for a brand new vaccine that has not had the test of time to tell exactly what side effects may be involved.

It really irritates me to see how much money is being spent on the whole Guardasil media blitz/campaign. I don't feel it's all about prevention, since they can't guarantee that, I think it's all about big bucks for the pharmaceutical company behind it.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

My daughter had reaction to 4 yr shots - Page 2 Empty Re: My daughter had reaction to 4 yr shots

Post by honcho Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:40 am

thebigscott wrote:

I'm probably in the minority here, but I'm a big believer in vaccines.

Both of my kids (21 mo and 6 years) get all of their shots including the flu shot
I think it is much riskier not to. As more and more people stop getting the shots
the diseases they protect against are going to me more and more common.
honcho
honcho
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 461
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:56 am

"
As more and more people stop getting the shots
the diseases they protect against are going to me more and more common.

I sincerely believe that this is propaganda by the drug companies. Much like when after 9/11 we were told by Homeland Security to invest in duct tape and plastic.

Some people get lucky. Thank all the gods...

But if everyone does their own research instead of just blindly following along with what the drug companies are saying, I think they will find some interesting data.

Guardasil is a perfect example! Certain states.. or at least Texas, wanted to make it mandatory.
Ricidulous. Clearly tara does plenty of research, and I commend you.

I have no children, no grandchildren. But I have done many hours of research for my own education and for any future grandchildren I might have. In this day and age, when greed is taking over in almost every area of our culture, how can we not question, especially when it comes to our own children. There are many.. including pediatricians, who are against the vaccine schedule as it stands.

Indeed, many veterinarians have modified their vaccination schedule in order to prevent harm that has been researched by veterinary schools. The same veterinary schools have proven that vaccines last much much longer than the drug companies suggest they do. It is the same for drugs given to our children. The companies do not do research on how long they last. The more they sell, the more they make. Three 150$ shots means more money for them, more for the doctors.. That has a lot to do with why they are not following the vet schools in researching the issues. Believe me when I tell you that vaccines are a huge source of income for vets, and I have to assume it is the same for pediatricians.

With all of the resources we have these days, why not spend a little time finding out more about what we allow strangers pump into our children's bodies?

I always wonder where the autistic kids were 30 years ago when my kids had a more sensible vaccination schedule and 23-24 fewer vaccines?
kath
kath
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1338
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:19 pm

kath wrote:I always wonder where the autistic kids were 30 years ago when my kids had a more sensible vaccination schedule and 23-24 fewer vaccines?

According to my friend whose uncle and brother are both moderately autistic, two generations ago mildlly autistic kids were kept at home with their families and parents were encouraged to not let people know there was a problem if they could. At the time, autism was considered the result of an unloving or abusive mother, so most people did not want anyone, even their doctor, to know that their child had the condition. Moderately and severely autistic kids were institutionalized and generally died young because of poor quality of care. Her grandparents refused to institutionalize her uncle against the advice of doctors and other family, which is probably why he survived to adulthood. One generation ago, her parents were advised to try to keep her brother out of public site because his condition would make people uncomfortable, but they weren't pressured to institutionalize him. Her parents didn't follow advice and encouraged him to do everything he could. He will never live on his own, but he holds a job and is active in their church. When her own son was once thought to be autistic (he's not) she was offered services to help him.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:51 pm

I know that my kids have never been vaccinated,only a tetanus shot for either of them( never had a Vit K shot when they were born even). I chose not to vaccinate oldest because of an egg allergy( alot of vaccines are grown in eggs), she has had chicken pox, measles, she is also healthy. My youngest was not vaccinated against anything but tetanus, and has ADHD. She has also had the Pox. We shared the POX when she was 2, and I was 29.....fun stuff, and you CAN get them twice.
Her ADHD was not caused by heredity, or anything else. It was caused by an auto immune disease called PANDAS.

I DO firmly believe the drug companies are the driving force behind half the crap out there,and since I only have half control my nieces are on an alternative schedule. They have had the normal vaccines until age 2, but they won't be getting anymore if I can help it., they were behind on them when I got them.....and they are going to stay that way for now.

The thing is, when I was a kid if someone had the pox you would take your kids to visit, and get it over with. Same with other childhood diseases.....I remember my grandmother exposing me to the pox, and 5th disease on purpose.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrlyte Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:30 pm

First off let me say all my kids are vaccinated. I didn't know at the time I had a choice. I don't think I would have skipped the vaccinations completely, but I think I WOULD have modified the schedule. I also chose to skip the chicken pox and all three kids got them within a month, so I didn't have to honestly make the decision. None of my kids are autistic, though one sometimes seems ADHD.

I personally think that each case is different, and that is part of what makes all this so dangerous. If we wipe out all the germs that exist, bigger bad germs grow. I use plain soap and water to wash my hands and my home. I do not like the anti-bacterial stuff out there because I'm afraid of what it will cause in it's wake. Some of the major clinics (Mayo, John Hopkins, Cleveland clinic) are writing to doctors and BEGGING them not to perscribe anti-biotics unless absolutely necessary. There is a reason for this. As to vaccines, I do believe that there are some people who are born autistic, but I also believe that there is an enviornmental form of autism too. I believe that those who are supceptable to heavy metals have a problem with the vaccines, causing the autism. I have seen with my own eyes treatment for heavy metal, combined with a diet without refined sugars that took a child that the school would not accept without medication and turn him into a normally functioning boy! This friend also had a daughter who was more severly autistic, and she went from not being able to leave the house to only mildly autistic. There is defintely a link to diet and heavy metals in at least some of these cases.

I don't know about others, but I would hate for my child to live less of a life because of something completely unneccessary! I'm not saying I'd rather my child died, but I do think there are far too many vaccines that are guarding against things that are NOT deadly, at least not compared to the risk of the vaccine. Read up on Guardisil! Did you know that it can CAUSE genetial warts, that it only protects against a handful of hpv's, and that there are more than a dozen KNOWN deaths from the vaccine!!! The other thing to be aware of is that many doctor's offices do not report death's that may be related to vaccines, so how many death's are going unreported??!!!(With all vaccines)

As to ADHD, my middle child has a reaction to red dyes, high fructose corn syrup, msg and who knows what else. Of course I didn't realize this until we switched our diets just because. I knew he had problems focusing, but I didn't realize how bad it had been until the day I realized he was actually looking me in the eyes when I spoke to him. This was about 2 months after we switched to an organic diet, focusing on keeping the refined sugars as natural as possible. Again, I witnessed this with my own eyes. I also witnessed him bouncing off the walls the first time I let him have "junk" food again. Now, I don't believe in completely restricting his diet, I believe in moderation. Moderation seems to keep him stable. When I talk to my family they claim I ate the same food as a child, and I was fine. Problem is, it wasn't the same food. The additives the food companies have added to reduce costs simply did not exist when I ate "junk" food. I would urge you to honestly research the additives that are in our foods. Also, try removing some of this food from your diet. You will feel better. Not over night. It will take 4-8 weeks to see results, but I promise you that you will see a difference. The other thing to consider is that other countries have BANNED many of the additives that the US Government still insists are safe. I don't think we will ever have the "honest" truth about what is safe and not until there are no more lobbyist in the Capitol, and the pharmaceutical companies become accountable for their "mistakes".

This list can go on and on. I'm not trying to use scare tactics. I think we need to use common sense and think for ourselves. I agree with Kath completely, do your own research and do what is right for you. In the end, that's all any of us can do.

Here is a link to just one article about Gardasil.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/08/02/hpv-vaccine-blamed-for-teen-s-paralysis.aspx?source=nl
Starrlyte
Starrlyte
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 349
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:35 pm

Today there re many thousands of kids with autism. Many more being diagnosed with ADD ADHD
( and my personal favorite Oppositional Defiance Disorder.. but thats another sotry)
and a multitude of other developmental disorders.

I can't imagine hiding away many thousands of kids...
Think about it. Everyone knows someone who has a child in the spectrum, or at least knows of them. Those less affected may have other reactions. How do you know what your child might have been like if all of those heavy metals and poisons were not dumped into their systems at an alarming rate and in frightening amounts?

Do you know that the same amount of vaccine is given to an infant as is given to an older child? Tylenol is given is lesser amounts and less strong dosages for infants and toddler.. not vaccines. ( point of info.. same goes for pet vaccines.. a 4 lb pup is given the same as a 200 pound english mastiff)

edbenson I applaud you and your approach.

I am very passionate about this.

I have seen children who are already dx with autism given 4-6 shots at once ( gods help us ) and lose words!!!! and more..

I have seen anesthesia cause similar issues and yet when a new surgery is proposed ( one that all of our pt's know rarely if ever works ) parents jump at it..
more words lost, more new behaviors and symptoms. It is one thing to grasp at straws, but another to do it without being informed.

ye gods ebenson.. I wish I could hug you, then clone you and get you a job as a speaker for PTA groups..
kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:37 pm

starlyte.... we posted at the same time...
your post is an excellant one as well. It gives me hope each time someone like you speaks out..
kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrlyte Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:49 pm

Thanks Kath! I'm right there with you! I am VERY passionate about this. When I first started researching organic foods, I was floored at the information out there! I realized how important it was that we at least think for ourselves. Really look at the what we are putting into our bodies and how we are living and figure out what is best for each of us! I would love nothing better than to become a nutritional counselor. I want to go to the Institute of Integrative Nutrition, and eventually open a Spa and Wellness center focused on living a balanced and happy life!

Like you, I am given hope when I see others who are questioning the propaganda that is fed to us, and demanding to know the facts......

Care to talk about Parabens? LOL!
Starrlyte
Starrlyte
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrlyte Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:53 pm

Here is another article, this one is about the true numbers of those with autism.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/08/02/the-cdc-vastly-underestimates-the-autism-epidemic.aspx?source=nl
Starrlyte
Starrlyte
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:06 pm

Lori wrote:
tara wrote: Luckily we have years before we have to worry but I caution anyone to think hard before giving their daughters Gaurdasil. Not my business but these girls are basically guines pigs for a brand new vaccine that has not had the test of time to tell exactly what side effects may be involved.

It really irritates me to see how much money is being spent on the whole Guardasil media blitz/campaign. I don't feel it's all about prevention, since they can't guarantee that, I think it's all about big bucks for the pharmaceutical company behind it.

exactly
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:07 pm

How is her leg today Sherry?
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:59 pm

I hope it is better, it looked awfully painful, poor baby.

We have done the diet changes,and not only follow the Feingold diet closely, we are gluten free, almost dairy free, NO refined sugars, no preservatives, and no artificial dyes or flavors. I make or bake almost everything from scratch.
I can safely say after dropping gluten I felt better within a week, and when I cheated and ate some cake at a wedding, i felt bad for 3 days after.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrlyte Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:03 pm

edbson that is wonderful!!!! You are the first person I know that has ever heard of the feingold diet!!! Out of curiosity, is your nephew following this diet?? Has he undergone therapy to remove heavy metals?? Something to think about if he's not. Though believe me I know it's hard to convince family that this may/can help!

What do you use for sweetners?? I've thought of going gluten free but I get such complaints about the texture of the bread or the taste of the rice noodles!!! UGH!

Sherry-I do hope your dd is feeling better!
Starrlyte
Starrlyte
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Back to top Go down

Post by Ender5803 Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:03 pm

She is doing so much better. Thank God the for antibiotics. I am one of those who hate antibiotics because they are overused. It amazing that her leg almost looks normal except for bruising now. Thanks you all.
Ender5803
Ender5803
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 548
Honeycomb : Level 6 to infinity and beyond...
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:42 pm

Wonderful! I'm so relieved to hear that she's feeling better! I also hate to use antibiotics and avoid it whenever possible... but only because I know what wonders they can do when truly needed and I'd hate to risk them no longer being effective.

Tell her we're all excited to hear that she's getting well. Very Happy
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:44 pm

I'm so glad!
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:39 pm

Good article Starrlyte...

however:

I am dead certain that info from the dept of education is skewed.
I have SEEN kids dx with autism who may have a few signs but are NOT autistic.
They are dx n order to give their parents access to service that a child diagnosed with
neurological impairment might not get.

Heck, the list is so vague that I could be autistic...

So it is important to keep that in mind. Its like a game.

Also, it is one thing to provide needed services. But I have seen people work the system in such a way as to get services they are not entitled to and do not need. WE pay for this. For instance.. a student was provided a nurse for home care ( babysitter) instead of just a caregiver. She absolutely did not need a nurse. The nurse cost three times as much as a caregiver would. Her parents worked the system. Multiply this by thousands. Money is going to places it shouldn't and others who might actually need the service are denied.

Also, there are wrap arounds. Don't even get me started on wrap arounds. SO many of the have not the slightest clue...and they make very good salaries.

At this point in time we have many thousands of kids with a diagnosis...
tell me.. if this keeps up..... if the numbers of actual autism cases continue to climb and people keep hiding their heads in the sand .. believing lies told them by greedy drug companies assisted by the government who takes enormous sums of money from lobbyists..
were will we bi in 40 years time? Who will be taking care of the most damaged of these kids.. who will no longer be kids? If numbers continue to rise.. when will the scales tip, and we will have far fewer typical kids.. to become adults.. than we do kids with a diagnosis?

If many autistic kids were hidden away thirty years ago and more.. where are they now?

Granted. It was common practice to hide away mentally retarded or even down syndrome individuals. But the numbers were far far fewer than what we are seeing today. and MR is not autism.

Also, Environment has changed. We are putting more poisons into our environments.. radiating our meat and vegetables. WE are shooting chemicals including antibiotics into food animals. ( So much for over prescribing.. if you eat, you ingest it) Are these things causing genetic damage? Is that why genetically caused disorders are in the rise?

We need to look at the big picture here... Will your children all be caregivers to a generation of children ruined by heavy metals and toxins ? Never before has there been such a need for special needs care. I wonder where it will end.
kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:10 pm

He actually follows a PKU diet, since he has that also. He has been tested for metals, but nothing shows. I do not ever use artificial sweeteners, only plain old sugar.
I have found that Millet flour, and soy flours are alot better than rice flour..it's just.icky.,
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:17 am

well unless Feingold makes dr pepper I dont reckon I can do it Smile I drink sweet tea alot, but have to have my DP. Of course you cant even find a fake sweetner in my house, I use plain ole granulated sugar.

I cook alot of our foods. I do buy instant oatmeal and such. But we really eat normal. I buy meat, I cook it and there are veggies.

Except when one of the kids eats one of those raman noodle things.. OH and fried spam. Smile LOL

I think I am more organic than what I concesiously try to be. We grow alot of stuff. And I will be getting my coop rebuilt and then will have fresh eggs and chickens. Now I do belive there is way too much crap in the meats. I will be buying a cow soon.

Now milk, I cant go with out milk. or cheese. NO Way. If I had me a hired hand I'd have a milk cow right now. But I despise mornings, therefor I dont want to milk a damn cow.

i have never given my children the flu shot, and refuse to get it myself. I just really belive you have to get sick every once in a while to stay healthy.

and anyone that reads Readers Digest, there is a story in there written by a cancer surviver that is basicly just a long advertisement for the HPV vacinne. I was appaled when I read it. And maybe its just cause i am jaded that I felt it was written this way.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrlyte Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:03 am

Kath-I think we are on the same page. I'm not sure which is worse, the autism rates or the medication and the side effects from that which will cause even more issues that doctors and the government will blame on something else!!! It's insane!!!

Erin-I was wondering if you were using molasses instead of sugar. I have found that sugar seems fine, it's really the high fructose corn syrup that gets my kids going.

Chelle-I do think moderation is key. I don't think removing everything from your diet is necessary, and it sounds like you are doing great keeping things natural and cooking for yourself. A Dr Pepper is minor in the course of things.

Has anyone else heard that Coke has secured the rights to stevia as a sweetner. Actually, it's not stevia, it's an extract from it. Of course, yet again, there is no guarantee that it's safe, but it's a lot better than what's out there now!

Also, has anyone heard how they are now prescribing cholesterol medications to children??? It's criminal. The side affects of these drugs are horrifying, and most are not even considered side effects, they are considered new symptoms which will be treated with yet another unneeded medication. The really sad part is that it's now coming out that cholesterol numbers that are considered healthy are somewhat random, and that the healthy cholesterol range may be much higher than what we've been lead to believe.
Starrlyte
Starrlyte
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:07 pm

Starr, I think we are!

I have not heard that about stevia, but I agree it is better.
I really have to think its an okay option since its a plant.. but how can they have the rights to it?
baffles

yes.... I have indeed heard that they are prescribing those meds for kids....
and you are right on every count. The new "*nformation* is no different from when they decided 120/80 is not normal bp anymore..but too high. It allows more prescriptions to be written for more people to take more drugs...

That and marketing drugs directly to the public.. surely profits are soaring for drug companies as they are for oil companies.. both to the detriment of the rest of us..
kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2