Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My daughter had reaction to 4 yr shots

+8
mrschia
thebigscott
bizzeedee
kath
Missy
tara
edbson
Ender5803
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My daughter had reaction to 4 yr shots Empty My daughter had reaction to 4 yr shots

Post by Ender5803 Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:20 pm

My poor little girl had a reaction to her shots. She got them and the next day I expected swelling but not softball size. He little leg was huge and hot. I took her back to the Doctor and he said she probably had a staph or cellulitis in it and started her on antibiotics immediately. Yesterday was horrible and it started to darken and bruise, I almost didn't make it but she acted fine and I have just been giving the antibiotics. Today she is much better. The swelling is finally stopping and the skin looks bruised and the redness is starting to only show around the shot sight. This is the second day of nasty antibiotics and all seems well today. I just can't believe that the shots did this. She had three in that leg and two in the other. Thank god we don't have to get anymore until she is 11.
Ender5803
Ender5803
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 548
Honeycomb : Level 6 to infinity and beyond...
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

My daughter had reaction to 4 yr shots Empty Re: My daughter had reaction to 4 yr shots

Post by edbson Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:29 pm

Poor kid. Hope she fells better soon.

Mine never got vaccines, but my nieces do, and I hate them . I have them on an "alternate schedule", so I pick and choose the ones they get...and it's not many. I think they are done besides Tetanus.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

My daughter had reaction to 4 yr shots Empty Re: My daughter had reaction to 4 yr shots

Post by tara Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:54 pm

I'm sorry Sherry, I hope the antibiotics help quickly. It is so scary.
I HATE shots, and would love to skip them all together but they wont let them in school without them unless you have a religious adversion. I refuse to make up a religion. I simply don't think the government has any right to tell me I HAVE to shoot my children up with preservatives and chemicals.

Saige had a bad reaction (like you described) , and they couldn't even determine which shot gave her the reaction because they do so many at once. It took almost a week for the swelling to go away completely, and it itched her after the pain went away- which of course she itched and it hurt all over again.

I didn't know better then, now my son is on an alternative schedule- 1 shot at a time 6 months apart and only the ones absolutely required for school. He only has to have one MMR but I am holding off til he's 4 and I will insist on seperate vaccines not 3 in 1. Luckily we have years before we have to worry but I caution anyone to think hard before giving their daughters Gaurdasil. Not my business but these girls are basically guines pigs for a brand new vaccine that has not had the test of time to tell exactly what side effects may be involved.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:34 pm

I am now scared... Timmy goes for his next week. He has never had a problem before, so I hope that he doesn't end up with any.
Missy
Missy
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:46 pm

You don't have to have a religious reason, you can simply refuse to vaccinate. The government and schools cannot force you to do it.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:57 pm

tara, you are being very wise. I would hope that other moms here will do some research on this issue....it is more important than you may realize.
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:03 pm

I totally agree, that is whay we are doing the alternative schedule also, I do feel strongly that ALOT of the things going on now are associated with Vaccines.
I have a kid the right age for Guardasil, and we have chosen not to do it. She does not need it and she is not gonna be guinea pig.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:35 pm

edbson wrote:You don't have to have a religious reason, you can simply refuse to vaccinate. The government and schools cannot force you to do it.

They will not let them in Pre-K without being up to date or a religious (or medical) reason. I am sure there are probably ways around it for Kindergarten but not Pre-K not even with the above reasons, if you have a religious reason, then you don't go to public Pre-K. New Your State is one of the stricter states as far as vaccinations go. They have not however tried to force any extras on us lately, was it Texas that wanted to make Guardasil mandatory? I remember reading that and thinking oh my god I would move, glad to see it didn't happen. That is just frightening that money takes precedance over the health and safety of our kids.

I am not anti-vaccine I just think everyone should make informed decisions about them (and I am the first to admit that I was blind right up until my daughter had a bad reaction at 6 months when they gave her 6 different vaccines) not just do it because they were told too. There is no convincing me that the chicken pox vaccine is in any way necessary all that it does is pad the drug compaines pockets who in turn give money "in support" of the people who in turn try to force these things on us.
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:46 pm

just a note... anyone on antibiotics really should be eating some yogart -- every day. they need the good bacteria that the antibiotics kill ( think I'm saying this right)

Kath, Karen, Honey... you all can probably explain better than me
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:06 pm

I agree tara, and yes, TX wanted to make it mandatory. There are ways around the laws, but an informed decision is the best way IMO. I also agree about the Chicken pox vaccine, the girlies had it( before I had them) and they STILL got raging cases of the pox right after Christmas this year. The vaccine did nothing.

I also know that my nephew was NOT auctistic before he got the MMR, Dtap, and Prevnar vaccines. He was 2, within 2 months of the vaccines he was most definetely autistic. Now, do we know it was caused by the vaccines? NO, we do not, but he was a normal happy kid before he got them....
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ender5803 Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:16 pm

She is so much better!!! Here are pics The swelling has went down a ton.

I wish I had known to get them separate because they gave her three in that leg and they could not tell me which one it was but supected the MMR shot.
This is her leg now after two days on Antibiotic and lots of motrin

My daughter had reaction to 4 yr shots DSC00226-1

My daughter had reaction to 4 yr shots DSC00232

My daughter had reaction to 4 yr shots DSC00231

Believe it or not this is much better!

Last edited by Ender5803 on Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ender5803
Ender5803

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:17 pm

I have no doubt vaccines play a LARGE role in autism, obviously not the sole cause but there is just too much to think otherwise regardless how loud they scream that one has nothing to do with the other. I think vaccines combined with other unknown factors play a huge role in autism. I know I am twice as wary with my son, simply because he is a boy and boys are far more likely to be affected by autism. I do not think it is a coincidence that the symptoms show up after these vaccines like flipping a switch. It is frightening and growing at an alarming rate.

There was a really great article on autism and amish families, very interesting and enlightening I will see if I can find it again and posting a link for anyone who is interested in reading it.

How old is your nephew now Erin?
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Ender5803 Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:17 pm

I daughter is only 35 pounds and her leg is normally very skinny. The swelling makes them look so big
Ender5803
Ender5803

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:23 pm

OH that poor baby Sherry. The truth is 'they' don't want you to know any better, keep taking pictures and watching it closely. Is it hot to touch? It looks it in the pictures, is she in pain? I hope not. Write it down so when it is time for boosters you will remember and demand they split them up a bit, it may mean more copays because it measn more visits and some insurance companies wont cover visits unless the kid is sick (which I find to be the biggest bullying tactic) but you can always do the county clinics.
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:24 pm

My daughter is teh same size, you can tell by her little knee just how big it is. My daughter had reaction to 4 yr shots 820607 nothing worse than worrying about our babies.
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Ender5803 Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:28 pm

It was very hot and HARD but now it's better. I am trying to document it with pictures so I don't forget. We are military so it's military medicine. I sometimes feel like they practice on us anyways. It sucks but it's free. I am going to start taking my daughter to a cilivian doctor because it's just not worth her health to see a free doc. Me on the other hand free is free.
Ender5803
Ender5803

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:41 pm

I'm so sorry she had a reaction. I've had my kids react to stuff before and it's very scary. I hope she feels better soon.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I'm a big believer in vaccines. Yes, I know they can be dangerous. Zoe had a reaction to her whooping cough vaccine. And I know a boy who is autistic and his mom believes it's related to his vaccination. (I don't know if it is or not because I also know his dad used to feed him dozens of different vitamins in doses larger than recommended for adults, so it could have been that too.) But I also know a couple who almost lost a child from whooping cough. They'd decided not to vaccinate their daughters because they felt the shots were too risky. A few months after they'd turned down the shots all three girls got sick. The youngest nearly died and it was touch and go for over a week. For me, the risks of not vaccinating are bigger than the risks of vaccinating. Even for chicken pox. Scott had it so bad when he was a kid that he was hospitalized for several days. He had pox everywhere. Even in the whites of his eyes. They hospitalized him when he got them on the insides of his lungs and started coughing up blood. I figure that kind of reaction might be genetic so I made sure our kids got that vaccine as soon as it was available. And Caly has already had the first dose of Guardisil. Yes, there are risks, some unknown. But I'd never forgive myself is she got cancer and I could have prevented it. Some of my friends say that their girls won't need it because they'll teach them to abstain from sex. But I remember how well those lessons worked for me and my friends, so I'm not going to take that chance. Plus, not all sex is voluntary. I hate to think of it, but it's a risk. So, we got the shot.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:29 pm

thebigscott wrote:Yes, there are risks, some unknown. But I'd never forgive myself is she got cancer and I could have prevented it. Some of my friends say that their girls won't need it because they'll teach them to abstain from sex. But I remember how well those lessons worked for me and my friends, so I'm not going to take that chance. Plus, not all sex is voluntary. I hate to think of it, but it's a risk. So, we got the shot.

I can't get past the risks unknown, it may prevent certain types of cervical cancer but there is no telling what it may cause down the line. I can completely see why people would want their daughters to have it. I certainly wouldn't hold back simply because I am naive enough to think my kids wont have sex. I may change my mind by the time it is even an issue for Saige. Tori and Kyra's (my 'other' children) school sent home a letter strongly urging parents to get their daughters the vacinne. Tracy wanted my input and I started searching around and reading up and decided, I wouldn't do it. I guess I see it on the other end I wouldn't be able to live with myself if it turns out it causes liver cancer or infertility, or early menopause or god knows what else, to me that is the bigger risk. But, like I said I may change my mind down the road. Kyra is here tonight, she says most of her friends have gotten it.
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:04 pm

bizzeedee wrote:just a note... anyone on antibiotics really should be eating some yogart -- every day. they need the good bacteria that the antibiotics kill ( think I'm saying this right)

Kath, Karen, Honey... you all can probably explain better than me

When i was sick and healing from my infection, the DR was VERY VERY VERY adamant that I eat yogurt while on the antibiotics. I ended up eating so much that I finally got my son to like yogurt, and not frozen to look like a Popsicle. I will admit the first day that I was not eating yogurt and on them, well, I was feeling more sick. Then had Tim run me to the store and I stocked up. I felt much much better.
Missy
Missy

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:24 pm

By all means, get something for her with yogurts and/or other probiotics. Strange as it may sound, we all have symbiotic bacterias and yeasts living in our bodies. And we need them for all sorts of things, most especially because they break down our food and help us digest it, plus they keep other nasty bacteria from taking over. Antibiotics kill good and bad alike, and while they will come back on their own, getting some from your food or even in capsules will help you feel better a lot faster.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by mrschia Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:30 pm

Wow, that is scary. My kids are both 4 so this really hits home. Glad we don't have shots until 5, I don't think I could do it now.

Poor thing, I feel so bad for you and her, I will be praying!!
mrschia
mrschia

Number of posts : 670
Honeycomb : Level 6~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:55 pm

sherry, I am so sorry she had such a bad reaction. and i hate that they cant fiqure out which one.. That is what makes it so bad. Sad Rayley is due for hers again. BUT she had 7 at one time about a year ago and so she is going to be hard to get into the doctors office. Her little leg does look awful, I am just glad it wasnt more serious than it was.

I dont know that its all linked to autism, or that all the preservitites we eat are linked to ADHD, or if the combonation of giving a kid his shots and then giving him MCdonalds for being so brave, on the same day makes some wierd chemical reaction in their little bodies and they end up with one or the other. BUT I do know that when I was growing up (and it wasnt THAT long ago) there was no huge portion of the population with either. And 20-30 years before that, there was even less.

It might not be either one. It might be the fact that we have basicly inbred ourselves so much that its effecting the 9,375th generation. (go back 30 generations on your geneology, you WILL be kin to your husband, or your neighbor, or George Washington).

I dont like the chicken pox vacinne. because after 12 years its worn off. Well, my hubby got a gamagoblin shot at 4 years old, it boosted his immune system SO well, he avoided not only all 3 siblings getting the pox, BUT the german measels. and slept in the same bed as his brother. Then when he was 19 he got them, from someone having the shingles. He almost died, because Chicken pox are SOOO hard on an adult system. I had them at 12. They were AWFUL. Yes, some children do die of them. I understand that. BUT, getting them at 19 instead of 9 was more lifethreating on the whole (staticial wise). So if you vacinate now at 4, then at 16 they are able to get them again. Plus, you STILL have the chance to get the shingles. And some studies show the chances are INCREASED because you dont get a good enough 'dose' to become immune to the virus. Just to fight it off for a set amount of time.

I honestly cant say that I know what is going on, I cant even pretend to. But I do think you need to weigh all parts before you commit your self or your child to anything. I have gotten my kids all of them. I put off the CP one till I have to. But we have been lucky, no reactions. I wont get the guardasil for rayley. I dont feel we will know all the bad side effects for more than the 10 years it will be until she is due.

And as unpopular as this opinion is. I have to also point out, we are healthy when we are exposed to some things. When all things are erradicated and we are not longer fighting them, it will take very little to wipe out a whole population. Think about the indians. They died from the white mans desises, yes the white man did too, but not in the shear numbers as the indians. I dont think we should all walk through a lepordsy collony to become exposed, and hopefully immune, but I also think we cant all wrap everything in plastic so we dont get a common cold either.

Of course I let my kids eat dirt, expanded the 5 second rule to 10 seconds cause Rayley is slow, let them play in a barn, pet wierd and strange animals, and tote lizards and frogs in their pockets. And they still got a mosquito borne illness. affraid But I am thankful they are as healthy as they are, because it could have been MUCH much worse. As it was, their bodies faught it off. I really think they would have been VERY sick if they didnt get a little dirt on them once in a while Smile
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:10 pm

chelle wrote:And as unpopular as this opinion is. I have to also point out, we are healthy when we are exposed to some things. When all things are erradicated and we are not longer fighting them, it will take very little to wipe out a whole population. Think about the indians. They died from the white mans desises, yes the white man did too, but not in the shear numbers as the indians. I dont think we should all walk through a lepordsy collony to become exposed, and hopefully immune, but I also think we cant all wrap everything in plastic so we dont get a common cold either.

Of course I let my kids eat dirt, expanded the 5 second rule to 10 seconds cause Rayley is slow, let them play in a barn, pet wierd and strange animals, and tote lizards and frogs in their pockets. And they still got a mosquito borne illness. affraid But I am thankful they are as healthy as they are, because it could have been MUCH much worse. As it was, their bodies faught it off. I really think they would have been VERY sick if they didnt get a little dirt on them once in a while Smile

Chelle, that's actually the basic theory of vaccines. You expose them to the diseases in a very small dose that their bodies can handle, and they build up a good immunity. The problems are that we use chemicals in the shots to keep the ingredients from rotting until we can get them to the kids. And those chemicals could be causing problems. Also, some kids immune systems go overboard reacting, while others don't do enough. So there are risks. But I would rather risk my kids living with autism or ADHD or obesity or OCD than risk them dying from whooping cough or meningitis or the mumps.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:21 pm

I dont know that its all linked to autism, or that all the preservitites we eat are linked to ADHD, or if the combonation of giving a kid his shots and then giving him MCdonalds for being so brave, on the same day makes some wierd chemical reaction in their little bodies and they end up with one or the other. BUT I do know that when I was growing up (and it wasnt THAT long ago) there was no huge portion of the population with either. And 20-30 years before that, there was even less

When you and I were kids there were only 10 vaccines
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:57 am

First... if you go to my blog http://mckait.blogspot.com/ and look to the right, please read the link 10 in 1983.

Second. The government and big business lies to us and uses fear all the time.

Third. Officially Vaccines do not cause autism.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-kirby/government-concedes-vacci_b_88323.html except in one single case???

http://www.nvic.org/Issues/HgCalculator.htm

http://www.vaccineawakening.blogspot.com/

Where I work, officially we either keep our mouths shut on the topic ( with parents) or agree with the government. But let me tell you, every single young mother there refuses the mercury laden flu shot and uses an alternative schedule.

Too much. The first vaccine is given at BIRTH before an immune system has a chance to develop.

http://www.nvic.org/

Again, I urge you to do your own research. And understand... most people are not saying that vaccines are bad, they are saying too much too soon, too many at once and way too many altogether. Please research.
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next