Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Little Sister

+11
Lucky
Jezzelle
BeachyBum
Rhonda67
Missy
olivefrm
chelle
tara
thebigscott
Rebecca1340
pinkpearsonaka
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My Little Sister - Page 2 Empty Re: My Little Sister

Post by pinkpearsonaka Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:22 pm

Thanks for the well wishes. I am trying to keep myself busy. I did visit today and we watched a DVD of Seinfeld to get her spirits up.

pinkpearsonaka
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:55 pm

My prayers are with you Smile and you are doing the right thing keeping busy Smile
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkpearsonaka Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:54 am

My little sister and I have continued on our little adventures. We were given pre-season Titan tickets, I purchased her a Vince Young Jersey from Ebay at a super great price. We got there parked at a super high price $25, and then went into the wrong entrance. Finally found our seats after 20 minutes. Then after being seated for 13 minutes, she was ready to go!!!

Last weekend, we went bowling (a mystery shop) and a church program. The church program was nice, very lively and had a good spiritual message. Gave me some ideas for my own church and the youth. My little sister did eat 8 slices of pizza, they kept coming around asking the kids if they wanted more. I had to tell her later that just because it is free doesn't mean she should overeat. They were super thin, small slices... but still 8 is a lot.

While bowling she was doing a really good job, since they buffered the lanes, she thought that she was bowling pro...

For her birthday I took her to California Pizza Kitchen- kids get free meals on birthday month. So she had never been to a sit down restaurant before, and she was very happy with the crayons, and the huge hot fudge sundae that she was given.. She had a great time.

pinkpearsonaka
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:07 am

That's great that you were able to provide her with the experience of a sit-down restaurant. She'll remember that forever. It's a wonderful thing you're doing.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:19 am

It really sounds like you are treating her like a princess. what you are doing is wonderful! Smile

honestly, I dont even take my own kids to do all that stuff. Smile So you are really enriching her life
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:28 pm

That is WONDERFUL! I'm so glad to hear that you're sticking with this and committing to her. And it sounds as if she is settling in a little? Are things getting easier each time? Is she able to calm down and enjoy it?

One thing you might not have thought of is that if her family is overwhelmed, she may not have done many simple things that most of us think of as typical kid stuff that everyone knows about. You might try taking her to the library and read some books out loud to her, or take her on a long walk to look at bugs and leaves and take crayon rubbings. Or you could make cookies with her from scratch. Caly had a cookie baking party one year and I was stunned to realize that most of the kids have never made cookies that didn't come from a package of cookie dough. You don't need to spend much money to connect with a kid.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content