Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have a doggie issue

+15
Lori
KaeLynn
Starrlyte
chelle
tara
razorstar
kath
thebigscott
Scar
bzzshell
brandiland73
idatater46
edbson
KellyM
Honey
19 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

I have a doggie issue - Page 4 Empty Re: I have a doggie issue

Post by thebigscott Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:27 pm

Honey, I prayed for your husband and you and even the dogs and the neighbor (that she will grow as a person and become a better steward of these animals) because I truly believe that God loves all living creatures.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:55 am

That is a really great prayer Karen, thanks!
The woman is still trying hard to get the puppies back. The rescue lady has hooked up with a lawyer who also runs a rescue. If she proceeds trying to get them back, it looks like it may be through the courts. The lawyer also has some national connection he is talking to about the other two dogs. He has said to hold off on calling local authorities until we hear what he finds out. I have an appt at my vet in just a little while, for another of my dogs. I am going to see about getting the vet notes to send to the rescue, along with pictures I took. This lady keeps telling so many lies, she is digging a deeper and deeper hole for herself. It is looking more and more like she was setting up a puppy mill to me. She may just have been moving one from another place or starting over. Turns out puppy mill owners do that all the time (sell out and start over). My head is swimming with information I am getting, but I think we may have busted this up just in time. Off to the vet now, have a great day yall.
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:00 pm

I swear this dang thing gets worse by the day. The people can't come up with proof they own the dogs, so now they are trying to find out who I am and come after me. It is now being said that the woman's sister is a cop and her mom works for the city. The animal control officer, who can't come out here to the country, claims he already has my name and those people will have it soon too. The vet's office says they have not told anyone my name. The rescue now says they may have to give the dogs back to keep me out of trouble. It may all be a bluff, but I can't let those dogs go back. I may have to risk being sued or charged with who knows what? I have a headache that won't quit, wonder why confused
Honey
Honey

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:14 pm

Have you contacted the State Humane Society?
http://www.hsmo.org/m_animalabuse/reportabuse.php

Report Animal Abuse, Neglect or Animals in Distress

If you suspect an animal is being abused or neglected, contact the Humane Society of Missouri Rescues and Investigations Department with the following information:

Address (or detailed directions to location) where animal(s) can be found
Detailed description of neglect or abuse
By law, allegations of physical abuse require a witness name and contact number, which remain confidential.
Report abuse or neglect by phone: (314) 647-4400
Scar
Scar

Number of posts : 1135
Honeycomb : Honey-Freaking-Bee-Finally!
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:16 pm

The rescue should not need to give the dogs back... thats insane..
apparently so is the animal control person....

Check your state laws on animal abuse......
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:31 pm

Honey if all else fails; contact your local news stations, and newspapers, to "report how soft your town’s law enforcement is on animal abuse/neglect.
Most authorities are antsy about theses things because of the national attention that Michael Vick got for his dog fighting activities.
I realize that is a stretch but people are more sensitive to animal cruelty now than they’ve ever been.
Scar
Scar

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrlyte Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 pm

I think that's excellent advice Scar!!!

Honey-Hang in there! This will all work out, and it will be fine. If they can't prove they own the dogs, how can they come after you? Or for that matter, what does it matter to law enforcement. Possession is 99% of the law! Smile
Starrlyte
Starrlyte
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:06 pm

I have reported them to our state humane society and Pita has been contacted too. The newspaper here is very rinky dink and there is no tv station. What we call local tv, comes from Springfield, 100 miles away.
Today she was able to have her vet identitfy them. He is in the same practice with my vet, but they have two offices. Anyway, that vet told the rescue they are hers, so now they feel they have to return them and we can persue it with the Humane society or whatever. I have a call in to my vet now to see what he says about all of this. The woman at the rescue is being harrassed and everyone is afraid now. They say I committed no crime, so I won't be charged. However, if the owner has been given my name, I can expect lots of trouble. Most likey I will end up with my dogs shot. That is how people here do things. This woman's property is next to mine and all they have to do is come through the woods and they have a clear shot. My dogs won't even have to leave our yard and they could be in danger. This may sound like I am just freaking out, and I am, but this stuff happens in the Ozarks all the time. It is well know that if your dogs get in the field with cows they will be shot and ask questions later. It was one of the first things people told me when we moved here - dogs get shot all the time so watch yours. Also it turns out her sister is a cop, so I guess I can expect to start being pulled over and other hassles.
I thank you all for listening and supporting me. I just feel so sad to have let those dogs down. I promised them I was sending them to a good home and I broke that promise. That breaks my heart Sad
Honey
Honey

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:26 pm

Crying or Very sad
kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzshell Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:38 pm

Sad
bzzshell
bzzshell
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 210
Honeycomb : level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:18 pm

Ok, I am much calmer now. I spoke to the vet and he assured me he didn't let my name slip, these people are just blowing smoke saying they have my name. However, I am not calmer about the dogs, they are going to be returned tomorrow. I feel like my poor husband suffered that trip now for nothing too dangit!
Anyway, I am going to call the humane society again and talk to them with more details. May not be able to until Mon though. I am also planning to work on a liberation plan, so to speak. They could get out on their own again even, they have even got out or the kennel at the rescue already. They are smart dogs! The lady from the rescue says if I can get them again, then she will take them and we won't tell anyone. I am not giving up though. Sorry about my freak out posts, I am an emotional person Embarassed
Honey
Honey

Back to top Go down

Post by lexiloo Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:43 pm

You are my hero for what you have done already!!! Best wishes that everything works out!
lexiloo
lexiloo
Bzzing
Bzzing

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:01 am

Thank you. I don't feel like a hero tonight, I feel more like a heel. I am trying to look at it like all things happen for a reason. Maybe this will work out for the best somehow. We can't always see the answer right away, but sooner or later one usually shows up. Just a little bit ago I decided I better stop feeling sorry for myself and remember the lesson another dog taught me. That is my dog Foxy. I rescued her a few years ago. I was driving down a dirt road when I saw a little dog near an abandoned house. I went and got food and water and drove back. When she saw me, she ran under the house, then popped her head up through a hole in the floor. She wouldn't look at me, but watched from the corner or her eye as I put down the food and water. I stood there waiting for her to come over to eat, but she didn't move. She just started to shake. I realized she was shaking because she was so hungry, but too afraid to come near me. So I left and went to my van to watch. She then came out and ate. I decided to leave her alone and come back the next day. The same thing happened again. In fact, it kept happening like for weeks on end. I thought I would never be able to get her and just have to keep feeding her like that forever. I kept praying about it and I felt like the answer was to have faith and keep doing what you know to do, which was keep feeding the dog. After 5 months of that, one day she suddenly made it clear she wanted to make friends. I was able to pet her a bit that day, but just a bit. I sat in the grass and she sat near me for a while. She really didn't want me to leave that day,but wouldn't let me pick her up, nor would she get in the van. However,the next day she let me pet her and then decided to let me take her home. She is an amazing part of our family now. So I like to think that Foxy taught me to have faith, even when you can't see how things can work out, have faith, and do what you know to do.
So now that I have stopped freaking out, I will just do what I know to do and have faith it will work out in the end somehow.
Honey
Honey

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:25 am

I was part of a "liberation " once. We were lucky and it all worked out well.
Foxy was meant to be yours, clearly. You are a wonderful and loving person...
The rescue should not have to give back those dogs... Rescue means remove from harms way. It makes me angry and I have to wonder.
kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:48 am

Honey wrote:Thank you. I don't feel like a hero tonight, I feel more like a heel. I am trying to look at it like all things happen for a reason. Maybe this will work out for the best somehow. We can't always see the answer right away, but sooner or later one usually shows up. Just a little bit ago I decided I better stop feeling sorry for myself and remember the lesson another dog taught me. That is my dog Foxy. I rescued her a few years ago. I was driving down a dirt road when I saw a little dog near an abandoned house. I went and got food and water and drove back. When she saw me, she ran under the house, then popped her head up through a hole in the floor. She wouldn't look at me, but watched from the corner or her eye as I put down the food and water. I stood there waiting for her to come over to eat, but she didn't move. She just started to shake. I realized she was shaking because she was so hungry, but too afraid to come near me. So I left and went to my van to watch. She then came out and ate. I decided to leave her alone and come back the next day. The same thing happened again. In fact, it kept happening like for weeks on end. I thought I would never be able to get her and just have to keep feeding her like that forever. I kept praying about it and I felt like the answer was to have faith and keep doing what you know to do, which was keep feeding the dog. After 5 months of that, one day she suddenly made it clear she wanted to make friends. I was able to pet her a bit that day, but just a bit. I sat in the grass and she sat near me for a while. She really didn't want me to leave that day,but wouldn't let me pick her up, nor would she get in the van. However,the next day she let me pet her and then decided to let me take her home. She is an amazing part of our family now. So I like to think that Foxy taught me to have faith, even when you can't see how things can work out, have faith, and do what you know to do.
So now that I have stopped freaking out, I will just do what I know to do and have faith it will work out in the end somehow.

Umm...Honey you just made me cry...
Scar
Scar

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:19 pm

Me, too.

Have faith. Keep doing what you can do. We will pray for you.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:29 pm

I am praying and hoping that the right thing will be done.

That rescue should not be returning the dog.

i remember that whole incident with Ellen. And then the Vicks thing. Animals are making the news more often lately.

I am hoping that the right thing will be done.

Just keep having faith.
Missy
Missy

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content