Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Geeks?

+12
Missy
BeachyBum
krys091
itsirC
Starrlyte
rikostan
Scar
chelle
KellyM
edbson
Muggins
Rebecca1340
16 posters

Go down

Game Geeks? Empty Game Geeks?

Post by Rebecca1340 Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:16 pm

Any others out there?
When I have a chance I like to play The Sims 2 Castaway on the Wii and Age of Empires (preferably with my hubby over the network) on my pc.
Anyone else play? If so what?
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Game Geeks? Empty Re: Game Geeks?

Post by Muggins Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:31 pm

BookWorm is about my speed Rebecca! Embarassed Laughing

I do have CSI 1 and 2 on my old PC ......... but haven't played either in many months.
Muggins
Muggins
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 249
Honeycomb : Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:44 pm

Okay Rebecca, who told you I was a game geek???? Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed LOL! No really, I do love to play computer games. We are Club Pogo members and we love to play all sorts of games. My hubby is a HUGE Doom fanatic and I like the Tomb Raider games but I cannot afford them new. Goodness, I could spend a fortune!!! affraid

If we won the lottery, we are going to get the Wii. We just can't afford it. Maybe someday but not right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggins Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:03 pm

Nichellelp wrote:Okay Rebecca, who told you I was a game geek???? Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed LOL! No really, I do love to play computer games. We are Club Pogo members and we love to play all sorts of games. My hubby is a HUGE Doom fanatic and I like the Tomb Raider games but I cannot afford them new. Goodness, I could spend a fortune!!! affraid

If we won the lottery, we are going to get the Wii. We just can't afford it. Maybe someday but not right now.

Nichelle ............. if you don't already collect SDM Optimum points you might want to look into that program. Several people on the Frugal Shopper site have gotten Wii's by redeeming Optimum points and paying way less for them! For example, this weekend was a bonus redemption and 75,000 points were worth $200 instead of $150 ........the Nintendo Wii consoles are in their current flyer for $269.99 and the Wii Fit is shown for $89.99. If you work the specials with the bonus point promos it doesn't take long to rack up the points! I've redeemed for a good $1800 worth of products since the program began.
Muggins
Muggins
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 249
Honeycomb : Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:21 pm

I have a PS3, and I am addicted to the Ratchet and Clank games. So much addicted that the kids are not allowed to play the PS3, since it is in my room, they have a PS2.
I am planing to get a Wii for 10yo this summer... maybe.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:40 pm

Yup, me... Playing Zelda Twilight Princess on the gamecube for the 2nd time right now, and also in the middle of a Lost Odyssey game on the x-box 360. I also like any of the Final Fansasies, the other Zelda's , oohh and Fable too (Fable 2 will be out come winter, I can't wait!)
KellyM
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:17 am

I like to play tetris on my cell phone..

Actually, we have a PS2. I have played it a few times. Not much. And the boys have played it maybe for 12 hours in 2 years. LOl

I just dont have any games I like. ?? I am not into fantasy games or anything like that. I like shrek 3.. thats about as far as I have gotten. LOL
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:28 am

I used to play Grand Theft Auto / Vice City before I got the kids.
Scar
Scar

Number of posts : 1135
Honeycomb : Honey-Freaking-Bee-Finally!
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by rikostan Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:01 am

I have been a gamer for a long, long time, but the last year or so has seen a sharp decline in my desire to game on the PC. Not sure why, I just rarely do it anymore. My first PC games was called Temple of Apshai. It came out about 25 years ago. My first console game was(of course) Pong.
We do have all the major consoles back to the sega genesis, except for the PS3. I boycott all things Sony... Well I should say I will not buy a Sony item brand new. I am sure a couple of years from now we will get a used PS3.
We also have all the handhelds, a couple of PSP, three DSs, GBAs, You name it, I bet we have it.

We use the Xbox 360 the most, but the Wii gets a lot of use too. My oldest son is 15 and all about games, my daughter not so much, but my youngest son plays a lot too. We have to really regulate how much time they play, otherwise they would sit on their asses all day long and play games.

Currently I am playing Oblivion, Project Gotham Racing4, Forza Racing, and Bioshock on the 360 and My Sims on the Wii. I am, pretty sure we will getting Wiifit this coming weekend.
rikostan
rikostan
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-05-23

http://rikostan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrlyte Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:19 pm

We played Everquest II, but it was way too time consuming (hubby still plays). My kids have most of the major gaming systems. We'll be getting a Wii soon. Currently they spend all their time on the X-Box 360. They also all love Doom and are currently playing Warhammer-Soulstorm for the PC.
Starrlyte
Starrlyte
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 349
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:35 pm

Thanks for the info Rebecca. The thing is that I never shop at Shoppers anymore. It is too far away from where we live. We do have the PC Points from Loblaws and we rack up the points all the time. We use it to buy either groceries or a fun new kitchen gadget. One time we racked up the points and bought a tv with it and it sits in our bedroom now.

I am still waiting for the day when I can buy a Wii or get it for Christmas or when we win the lottery!!! hee hee hee!

Back to top Go down

Post by itsirC Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:10 pm

My hubby is the game freak in our house. However, I do enjoy playing Bejeweled 2 Deluxe and I did the Winster offer on My Points and I am absolutely hooked now. Winster gives you 200 free spins a day or you can pay for memberships that give you addtl spin amts. What is cool is they have several different games you can play to win points for free stuff. I can't believe how hooked I have become. Love it! And the people over there that you play with are unbelievably giving, helpful and friendly. Try it and you will love it!
itsirC
itsirC
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by krys091 Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:05 pm

I play Star Ocean on my PS one, zelda on our wii, Voodoo Vince on hubbys xbox360, mud online (and no i don't mean dirt + water! 3k.org), and play card games via yahoo with hubby. That is about it for me, but I mud A LOT. Hubby has been on the one we play for about 15 years, so when we started dating he had me play with him.

krys091
Larva
Larva

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrlyte Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:56 pm

Krys-

Have you ever tried avatar for a mud?
Starrlyte
Starrlyte
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 349
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by BeachyBum Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:28 pm

I play at Pogo. lol

Actually, I play a lot with my son, on both the Wii and the PS2.

I think my favorite game, and his, is Kingdom Hearts 1&2 on the PS2 Smile
BeachyBum
BeachyBum
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 791
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~ 2 Golden Keys ~ Bzzing since 2003
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:21 pm

My Mom is always playing at Pogo.

I on the other hand, play the apps on facebook.

i used to be such a game nerd though. When the PS and PS2 first came out, i used to be in the know all the time on what was coming out and what was good. I loved:

Tomb Raider
Silent Hill (my fav)
Resident Evil
Tetris (since Nintendo)
Sims
Zelda
Leisure Suit Larry (adult game)
Grand Theft Auto series
Blood Omen
Legacy of Kain
and the list goes on...

I like games like Sims, Final Fantasy and the rest listed above. I am not too fond of fighting or sports games.
Missy
Missy

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by BeachyBum Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:08 pm

I used to love leisure suit larry for my PC ( waaaaaaaay back in the day!)
BeachyBum
BeachyBum

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:12 pm

Oh the LSL memories! I remember having to crack my parents' password as a kid because I wasn't allowed to play that! I actually bought the LSL compilation Sierra just put out last year.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:19 pm

BeachyBum wrote:I used to love leisure suit larry for my PC ( waaaaaaaay back in the day!)

I have a few of them! I love those stupid games.
I don't play much of anything since having the monster adorable little boy to the left. Then I joined this forum and haven't had a spare second to play anything since.

Well, I lied, I do play lots of games ALL the time. I am a pro at Candy Land, Chutes and Ladders, Go Fish, memory, Hide and go Seek, and the close your eyes game.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by BeachyBum Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:21 pm

lmao Tara!

I haven't played at Pogo since joining this board, does that count ? lol

My son is 10 now, he'd prefer if I just 'watched' him play the games and keep my greasy mitts off the controller!
BeachyBum
BeachyBum

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:01 pm

lol... I used to play it when I was a teenager (on my bro's computer, promised not to tell my Mom, otherwise she would kill him) and bought the pack that came out a few years ago. Then, last fall, I found a pS2 version used at Game Stop and picked it up. Tim was so astounded by it, he brought home one of his co workers to see it...lol

They have a new one coming out soon. I will be getting that one too, eventually. lol
Missy
Missy

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:21 pm

Im with Kelly on the zelda games.. LOVE them... I got a nintendo ds for my bday (my reward for jumping out of the airplane) Wink My dh had already gotten me zelda phantom hourglass the month before and then I bought a link to past and there are two more that I believe I need. Yes, that's need, not want Wink Currently playing brain age and loving mario kart too.

I also love pogo and visit daily for my wind down time. We have a ps2 but the only game I really like on it is tiger woods golf.
Connie
Connie

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WhtTigress Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:35 pm

We just got LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures from Gamefly for the XBOX 360, and I love it. I really liked the Lego Star Wars one too. The characters are sooo cute. I really want to try the Wii Fit too. My husband is a huge gamer too, but our attention span when it comes to games is very short, which is why we tend to rent rather than buy.
WhtTigress
WhtTigress
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 105
Honeycomb : Level 6 - Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by KaeLynn Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:00 pm

OK, well I LOVE the stupid need for speed racing game on the ps2. I think its the second one...its about the only one i play on a constant basis, then I have Black Hawk Down on the ps2 and the PC, battlefield, call of duty, I have call of duty 4, but I have to upgrade my graphics card on my PC for that, I have company of hereos....I pretty much play whatever my SO is playing at that time.....
KaeLynn
KaeLynn
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 226

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down