Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Grandfather - now a waiting game

+5
bizzeedee
tara
Rebecca1340
trax
aurora04
9 posters

Go down

My Grandfather - now a waiting game Empty My Grandfather - now a waiting game

Post by aurora04 Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:20 pm

My mother just called. My aunt called her, and my Grandfather has not opened his eyes all day. He is non-responsive. He is still alive, but they are hoping he goes soon as he is now suffering. They can't see him lasting the night.

That is all for now.
aurora04
aurora04
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

My Grandfather - now a waiting game Empty Re: My Grandfather - now a waiting game

Post by trax Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:46 pm

My Grandfather - now a waiting game 820607
trax
trax
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

My Grandfather - now a waiting game Empty Re: My Grandfather - now a waiting game

Post by Rebecca1340 Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:44 pm

Sorry to hear that. It's hard when someone is suffering like that.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:47 pm

My Grandfather - now a waiting game 820607 I'm sorry Dawn.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:13 pm

My thoughts are with you and your family... losing a loved one is hard, but when they're suffering, you have to accept it's a blessing for them to pass on... take comfort.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:15 pm

Sad That's so sad to hear. Please feel free to come here to talk, cry, complain. We're here for you, even in bad times. My Grandfather - now a waiting game 820607
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:46 am

Thanks everyone! I have not heard anything further, and have not called my mother yet (can't bear to hear the news and don't want to freak her out with the phone ringing), so I'm assuming he has not passed away yet. I know he is suffering and his time is very soon, especially after what my mother told me last night about being non-responsive and not opening his eyes. I really figured I would hear by now. I don't want to lose him, but I don't want him to continue suffering.
aurora04
aurora04

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:31 am

Just got the call a little while ago. He passed away around 2 or 3 this morning. He passed away at home which is what he wanted. He did not want to be in the hospital, so I'm glad that they followed his wishes! He had a really good day on Friday, but then just never woke up on Saturday and passed away Sunday. I am so thankful that he had a good day on Friday!

There will be no service, as that is what he wanted. He will be cremated, then next year my mother and aunts will take his ashes out west (Saskatchewan) to where my Grandmother's ashes are as well.

Thank you everyone once again.
aurora04
aurora04

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:14 am

edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:43 am

I'm so sorry for your loss.May he rest in peace
agaphmou
agaphmou

Number of posts : 4523
Honeycomb :

Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:49 am

I hope he has found peace. I'm sorry Dawn.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:03 am

Sympathy to you and yours.
"when Jesus comes to claim us and says it is enough - the diamonds will be shining - no longer in the rough" ~ John Prine.
trax
trax

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:45 pm

Oh Dawn! I'm so sorry for you and your family. I know you all loved him very much. But honestly, I'm also glad for him and for you that he was able to have one last good day, have his wishes honored, and was able to lay down his burdens with dignity. My grandmother died at home when I was in high school. Like your grandfather, she lived with relatives far away and wanted to not die in a hospital. The day before she died she told my cousins that she'd had the strangest dream. She said she was so very, very tired, but she decided to go upstair, something she hadn't done in a few years because of bad knees. She said she went up and up and up the stairs and there seemed to be many more stairs that she remembered but strangely it didn't hurt and as she went she got less tired. She could see dim light at the top of the stairs and hear voices and some of the most beautiful music. My cousins asked her what she thought it meant and she said she didn't know but she thought that when she went to bed again that night she'd finish the dream and find out. She died in her sleep that night. I do think that some times, after a long life, death is a release and a blessing. We miss those who died, but I don't think they are unhappy. My Grandfather - now a waiting game 820607
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:20 pm

Karen, what a joyful story about your grandmother... if only it'll happen that way for me when my time comes.

And Dawn, I'm sure you know Grandfather is better off, he's gone to be with his sweetheart in a much better place.

My thoughts are with you.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:03 pm

So sorry, Dawn.

I only hope I can slip away in my sleep in such a peaceful way. Great story, Karen, thanks for sharing it.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:36 pm

That's a great story Karen! Thank you for telling it! I am really glad that he had a good day on Friday. That made it a bit easier to deal with (that and he is not suffering). I also know he is with my Grandmother now and they are happy once again. I had a dream shortly after my Grandmother died that we were all at their place (after she had passed), but she was there and told me that she is happy and healthy now (she died of lung cancer). That really helped me, and now I know Grandpa is with her, so they are both happy now. Having another dream with both this time would be great, but I'll settle for the one with my Grandmother. All day I of course was thinking of him, and the main things that popped into my mind where him calling me his "bum" (he called me that even after I was married). Silly I know, but it makes me smile when I think of it.

Thank you everyone. I really appreciate the support!
aurora04
aurora04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down