Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mypoints Toolbar issues

3 posters

Go down

Mypoints Toolbar issues Empty Mypoints Toolbar issues

Post by briteasafirefly Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:14 pm

I had the Mypoints toolbar a while ago and didn't use it enough then to redownload it when I had laptop issues.
I decided to try it out again last month and noticed it improved...I could see how many searches I had done for the month.

Randomly noticed that the toolbar had disappeared, so I redownloaded it. Thought it was fixed, but the very next day or later that day(whenever I went to use my laptop again) it was gone.

I think it might be a issue on my end, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to fix it and I don't want to re-download it, if it going to quickly disappear again!

Any suggestions?
I want to receive the max number of mypoints for searches and when I count on my own from searches on the mypoints website, I get credited for less searches than I actually did. So having the toolbar showed me their number of counted searches was helpful...
briteasafirefly
briteasafirefly
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 625
Honeycomb : the doomed level 6
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Mypoints Toolbar issues Empty Re: Mypoints Toolbar issues

Post by Lori Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:12 pm

Sorry, Jessica I never used the toolbar. I probably do way more searches than necessary.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:20 pm

oops, my post got lost in the traffic here... will try again. I don't use the download tool, but rather keep a sticky on my desk calendar and use stick numbers to keep track.... I usually do more than required ( like now, have 120 for the 118 required which will earn 200 MP). About every 2 months, I don't make the required amount --- on purpose, as then they just ask you to do more... But what's funny, although each month I have MY count, it always seems like they say I have more...

I choose not to download the search toolbar.... I think that's just asking for trouble... spam and, well, maybe more. js
bizzeedee
bizzeedee
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by briteasafirefly Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:51 pm

I've done the sticky note in the past, but it tends to get lost in the chaos that often becomes my desk.

Actually the problem would be solved if there was a place on the mypoints site that you could go to, to see how many searches you have so far. If they can do it in the toolbar, then why can't they have it on their site somewhere?

Are you searching random things/words or just doing all of your google-type searching using the mypoints website?
briteasafirefly
briteasafirefly

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:59 pm

good grief, I had just about finished a post about your question Jessica, when I hit a wrong key, and bam, gone !

shortened version: I watch Food Network, and if a new restaurant is name or reviewed, I write it down for a search; watching a movie on TV or DVD and can't remember what sometone was in, write it on the list; looking for an address? list; a product I might want to purchase? list... in a days time I can come up with 5-10 items to search. Rarely do I need to toss in a random word....but that would work too. I needed 118 this month for 200 points... currently have 122... so I'll switch to google if I need to search for anything more. Like I said, if you go way above what they ask of you, just means next month they will ask for more. My sticky is 2x4 and it's located on the bottom of my calendar on my desktop. Bright Orange, so doesn't get lost of forgotten.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:01 pm

and I agree, I wish MPs had an on going tally... maybe they do if you download the tool bar,but I refuse to do so.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by briteasafirefly Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:32 pm

I've done that many times Dee...don't realize what I'm doing and my post is gone!

The toolbar keeps a tally... and I don't blame you for not wanting it. Its nice in that its always at the top of my webpage constantly reminding me to search, but I could probably set my homepage to mypoints and that would remind me to search.

I found my oops for now and I got the toolbar back, but I'm likely to accidently click something and lose it again.
So I'll start a sticky note tomorrow...
briteasafirefly
briteasafirefly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content