Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunger Games

2 posters

Go down

Hunger Games Empty Hunger Games

Post by Lori Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:34 am

Someone loaned me this book and I can't put it down. I can't wait for the movie now!

Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Hunger Games Empty Re: Hunger Games

Post by tara Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:43 pm

I didn't think I would like it, but my friend kept hounding me. Not only could I not put it down, I bought the next two nookbooks at full price because I couldn't be bothered to wait for a trip to the library or a hardcopy to arrive, read them well into the night, I just couldn't stop. Terrific series, they will haunt me for a long time to come.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:44 pm

I also didn't think I'd like this book but I finally gave in and, wow . . . I was glued to that story. As I read I found I was putting myself in the arena and it was horrifying to think about. Would you survive?? And it's just so disturbing to think about putting kids in that situation. My stomach was in knots the whole book. Loved it! Can't wait for the movie!!

The other two books were nowhere near as good for me. Not that they were bad, but where the story went just wasn't something that interested me.

~Deb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:09 pm

My boys were both home this weekend and the oldest has all of these on his Kindle. I managed to read the second book and the first 4 or5 chapters of the third. I just got back from shopping and saw a special People magazine issue on the movie, which I would have bought but I'm getting my hair colored tomorrow and know I can read it there. It's the cover story for Entertainment Weekly. I'm very excited for the movie!
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:41 pm

Do you have a nook Lori? I think it may be a lend-me book and I have it. I have to say I hated the ending. But, as much as I hoped it would be different, it was very fitting.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:05 pm

I don't have an e-reader at all, Tara. And I'm disappointed to say that the salon did not get the special Hunger Games issue, either. I think if I want to read it I'll be buying it.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down