Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MyPoints just lost more value

5 posters

Go down

MyPoints just lost more value Empty MyPoints just lost more value

Post by Lori Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:56 pm

It's that time again. Our points are now worth less than they previously were. Examples:

$10 Bath & Body Works card that cost 1500 points in March is now 1600 points.
$10 BK cards went up to 1650.
$25 Starbucks card was 3600 points in March - now 3700 points

Crying or Very sad Sad Crying or Very sad Sad Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad Sad
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

MyPoints just lost more value Empty Re: MyPoints just lost more value

Post by bizzeedee Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:38 pm

hmm. Crying or Very sad
bizzeedee
bizzeedee
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:53 pm

That really sucks!!! Maybe bzzagent should up our points for submitting reports every time they raise them! I'm kinda pissed off cause they raise the points pretty often
agaphmou
agaphmou

Number of posts : 4523
Honeycomb :

Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sun May 01, 2011 8:19 am

They raise them once or twice a year and it has really added up.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyssa Sun May 01, 2011 10:45 am

Well, foo!

I haven't had enough points to get anything for over two years, and was finally up to where I thought I might be able to get a B&N or Lowes $10 card (gave up on trying for an Amazon one; I just don't accrue enough points to ever have a chance of getting close). But now they've increased the cash-in to where I'm still hundreds of points away.

They raise the points so often, it looks like I'll always be chasing a moving target. Sad

I swear once I get enough to cash out one last time, I'm quiting MyPits. It simply isn't worth the effort, especially when I only get BzzCampaigns once every two years now. And I only order from a MyPits partner once a year (and getting credit for that one purchase always is a PITA).

Of course there IS no inflation....the gummint says so! Heck inflation is even hitting MyPits values.

Nyssa
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 525
Honeycomb : Just entering the Black Hole
Registration date : 2008-06-17

http://nyssa.cnc.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sun May 01, 2011 11:20 am

It sounds like you "just said no" to the MyPoints Bonus emails. I do those because they're very easy. Scan the email to make sure that clicking on the link will net some points, then click on it. The sponsoring website opens in a new window and while it's loading I can deal with other emails. Eventually I close the extra windows and see the points credited immediately. The points are normally only 5, but I can score 30 points a day many days. Sometimes you receive quite a few Bonus Mails, sometimes hardly any. SOmetimes the offer will be more like "Click through and get 5 points. Sign up for the newsletter and get 25 points. I figure I can unsubscribe from any annoying newsletters after 30 days, so why not go for it?

Survey mails cas really add up, too. You get 10 points for not qualifying. I've only completed a few surveys in their entirety...one was the opportunity to test a box of cereal (did it - got a free box of cereal and MyPoints, too!)) and the others were for higher points (200-300).

I also look through the printable coupons that are available each week. I'm always interested in saving money on something I would buy at full price anyhow. When you redeem a coupon you get 10 points. Plus a bonus if you redeem a certain number of coupons in one month. I don't push myself to redeem their coupons, though.

You might want to give it a try. If nothing else, it'll get you to the number of points you need to exchange them before they raise the rates again. Then you can either continue with it or stop the emails again.

Good luck, Nyssa, I know it's frustrating!
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sun May 01, 2011 11:30 am

ditto everything Lori said !
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sun May 01, 2011 11:34 am

I just checked my MyPoints account and I have 150 points pending during the month of May - all from disqualifying from surveys. I'll take them!
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sun May 01, 2011 11:38 am

I also have the following pending points:

15 from Michaels (you were to get them for printing the coupon. I clicked on the coupon link but did not actually print it because we don't have a Michael's)
50 from registering at RewardTV
90 from coupons.com plus a 25 point monthly bonus.
25 for registering at Zulily
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Sun May 01, 2011 1:04 pm

Whatever Lori said Nyssa!!! I try to save a few of my points also by waiting to save up for 50 dollar amazon codes instead of 25 codes .You might save about 100 that way,but the point emails and surveys are a must.I don't bother with the coupons though because I don't have a printer.The points add up quickly,,oh yes,let's not forget the little 5 point questions on the mpts home page too.
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sun May 01, 2011 1:50 pm

another good one, searching. I didn't (and won't) download their search toolbar, but I use MPs like Google for searching for anything and everything. I forget what it is, but if you do 75 searches a month, you get 75 MP... and each month they up my quota needed.... but that just means I get more MP... like in April, I had to complete 128 searches and I'm earning 150 MP.

Now I don't do that many searches because I want to know a lot... I'll just type in a movie name, or a stars name or a flower, recipe ... anything. I had to do just 5 searches a day to get that. Now I know next month, they'll tell me if I do 140 searches I can earn X amount of MP... when it gets too high of a number of searches, I drop back down to 75 and get fewer points...

The ways to earn MP are many and most take little time to do... as of today, I have 10,473 MP with about 450 of those pending during May. Guess I need to start cashing in... I only do $25 restaurant cards, but last month, did get a JCP GC
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sun May 01, 2011 2:01 pm

I have tried a couple of times to download the search toolbar. Maybe I need to bite the bullet and ask my husband to get it up and running. Google Chrome can be a pain, although overall I just love it. It just seems to have compatibility issues with some processes.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sun May 01, 2011 3:21 pm

I didn't download it... I just click on the 'web' tab, type in what I'm looking for, and it's as if I were at google..., click on one, let it load, and close it.

I don't trust add ons like the toolbar...

I do keep a sticky on my calendar, and keep tabs on how many searches I've done for that month... some days I forget to do, so next day, I'll do 10 or however many it takes to keep on track.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sun May 01, 2011 4:52 pm

I'll have to try to fond out more about it. It seems like something has to be downloaded or it won't be able to track how many searches you make. I'm confused.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sun May 01, 2011 7:14 pm

No No No Lori, you do not need to download the search toolbar to get searches credited to you.

Just search using the WEB Tab at the top of the page (Home/Web) ... well unless the tool bar gives you way more points. But I personally don't want some tool bar window popping up everytime you visit a web site that "just might" a web site where you can earn MPs for buying via MP)

Just this afternoon, I earned 75 MP for my April searches (minimum) and will get another 75 probably tomrrow as my bonus.

Already, I've done 3 searches today (movies Chuck and I talked about) and have a list of 11 sites to search because I watched the Travel Channel today and they kept visiting different dinners and restaurants... I'll plug those in one at a time and before you know it, I'll already have 13-14 searches under my belt for the month :-)
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sun May 01, 2011 7:53 pm

I never noticed that Web tab before. I'll try some searches this month and see how it goes. Thanks for the tip! I don't like being tracked and hate having extra toolbars cluttering up my browser.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by kleenaechs Mon May 02, 2011 10:55 am

I do the searches also. You don't have to do 75 to get the 75 points though. I believe it is only 31 now. I did 57 last month and got the 75. I did about 30 of those in a few minutes time on the 30th. I just type in a search and do it over and over and never click any links. I click all the emails too. I cash out a few times a year. I never buy the $10 rewards though as I find the higher ones to be a better value. I have enough for a $25 Amazon and just got one in Nov or Dec. I used to do coupons too, but have switched to swagbucks for that because they are worth more there than at Mypoints.

kleenaechs

Number of posts : 641
Registration date : 2009-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyssa Mon May 02, 2011 11:17 am

Just to reply to the suggestions:

No, I don't do the emails. I'm on dialup, so clicking and waiting for extra windows to open and load really is a hit on my limited bandwidth. Plus I get more than enough spam email that I have to wait to download before I can delete it. (Oh, for the days of Unix shell accounts!)

No, I don't print coupons. I'm a Linux user, so their coupon printing doesn't work with my OS. Even if it did, my printer ink is very expensive, so I doubt the few coupons I'd find would be worth the trade off.

Just for the record, I was a MyPits member 'way back in the 90s soon after they got started. It took forever to save up points then even before the drastic inflation began. Funny the bonus emails were 5 points then too. (Funny how the cash in values keep going up, but the bonus points have stayed the same.) I had the exact same problems getting point credit back then with the same vendor I have problems with now. You'd think that after a decade they would have fixed the crediting problem. I got tired of dealing with it and quit after a couple of years. I think I got maybe two or three B&N GCs out of it all for my efforts.

Enter Shitola and I had to re-join just to keep from losing all of my BzzPoints I'd earned. I was NOT happy with that because I didn't care for being put in the position of having to re-join a company I had already rejected.

So bottom line: once I get enough for one last cash-out, I'm outta there. Their website takes forever to load over dialup anyway and simply isn't worth the time. (I do better with university surveys for time spent versus rewards.)

Sorry gals. Those of you who are happy with MyPits, keep on keeping on. I'll just bow out gracefully once I finally manage those last two or three hundred points for a cash-out.

Nyssa

Number of posts : 525
Honeycomb : Just entering the Black Hole
Registration date : 2008-06-17

http://nyssa.cnc.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Mon May 02, 2011 11:34 am

I completely understand, Nyssa! I'm not on dialup but I have a very stingy download allowance, and when we exceed that we get locked out for 24 hours.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Mon May 02, 2011 3:22 pm

I have wifi on my netbook,but I'm almost always on my desktop with dialup.I cannot see videos on it,but I don't have a problem with the mpts emails,but I can totally understand your frustration.
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:30 pm

Thanks for the tip about searching. I do see 75 points pending.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:17 pm

I earned 170 points in May for 156 searches (actually I do keep a tally sheet on my desk, and due to a counting error, ended up doing 161 searches). Anyway, got 75 for the normal (31?) plus the bonus of of 95.

Think this month, I'll stick with the lower number of searches, because each time you hit the higher number they tell you for the bonus points, they increase it the next month... I'm sure I'll get an email that if I do 170 searches, I'll get XXX number of points....it wears me out. As it is, I have close to 12,000 MPs that I need to think about cashing in... just don't know what for ... weird, yeah?
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:31 pm

WOW THAT'S ALOT OF POINTS DEE! start thinking lol
agaphmou