Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did everyone have a busy weekend?

+2
briteasafirefly
Lori
6 posters

Go down

Did everyone have a busy weekend? Empty Did everyone have a busy weekend?

Post by Lori Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:05 am

...because it sure was dead around here! Smile

I had a bridal shower Friday night. My back has been bothering me since last Monday, so I didn't get any weeding or yard work done. Instead, I went through my canning supplies and decided to make some jam. I did Strawberry Lemon Marmalade and then another Strawberry Jam that I added mango and orange to. The first batch I used the No Sugar Needed Pectin, but still added half the sugar called for. The other batch I tried without any added pectin. I did some reading while looking for recipes, and apparently oranges and especially orange seeds, are high in pectin. So I cut into my orange and wouldn't you know - seedless! LOL It's a softer set, more like a spread, but I was happy with how they both turned out. Anyhow, I'm having a House Party on Saturday so I feel ready for it now. It takes awhile to get back in the groove with canning.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Did everyone have a busy weekend? Empty Re: Did everyone have a busy weekend?

Post by briteasafirefly Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:30 pm

very busy!
chopped the hair off friday afternoon. Tim McGraw concert with Lady Antebellum and Love & Theft friday night. nothing, but reading on saturday.

Sunday...Rock N Roll Marathon. I volunteered in the VIP Tent at the finish line(4th year doing so). well it was actually standing in the sun all day putting wristbands on the VIP when they came in. Had to be there at 5am and didn't leave till almost 3pm. Met Melissa and Lance from the last season of the Biggest Loser as they ran the marathon....
briteasafirefly
briteasafirefly
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 625
Honeycomb : the doomed level 6
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:44 pm

Bay had a game friday night then we went out to eat dinner. I helped my friend with her DD's sleepover Saturday night, not with the sleepover really, but with her 9 month old twins. I fed, bathed, got them to bed then came home late. DH and I have been cutting trees and brush along our fence libe, and last night Xander spent the night....so i am ready for a relaxing Monday.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:57 pm

Sam's birthday party was on Saturday and then I worked the rest of the weekend. I also ran out to get a few pics from the party printed for each of the kids. The parents seemed to like that when we handed them out today.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:14 pm

I didn't have a busy weekend, but each time I checked here, I thought "OMG, everyone left and forgot about asking me along" LOL It was totally not active.

Beem too damned hot to work outside, so spending time doing inside clean up...

Then yesterday, we headed off to Outbacks to use a MP GC... I was so ready for a burger... and will say, it was by far the best I've ever been served not just at OB, but anyplace. Asked for medium rare, and it was perfectly bleeding... and I ate all but about 2 bites... had I not eaten the fries, I might have been able to finish it LOL
bizzeedee
bizzeedee
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:05 pm

I had a busy weekend as well. On Saturday, Ceilidh wanted to do a youth run for the annual marathon here. She ran/walked 2.1 kms. She ran more then half of it, and actually she did more then the 2.1 kms because her friend she was running with was tiring, and whenever Ceilidh got about 2 blocks ahead of her (and me since I stayed with the friend since she seemed very out of breath and sweating a lot), she would turn around and run back to us. Zach ran it as well (he was too young, but since an adult would be with him, they allowed him to do it). They both completed it, and Zach even did it without being carried. He ran about half of it apparently (my sister stayed with him). Then on Sunday we had his birthday party, so we had to do treat bags and such for that then go to the actual party (at the local bowling alley, so nothing to prepare in the house).
aurora04
aurora04

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:16 pm

so I'll just have to say, congrats to Ceilidh ... whatever 2.1 kms equals, I have no idea, but for such a youngin, and one who seemed to care more about her friends well being then finishing, I applaude her! (and Zach, he's pretty young too, right? good for him!)
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:02 am

I just did the converstion, and it is a little over 1 mile. I was so proud of her (and Zach). She is only 6 and wasn't even tired at the end. Zach turned 4 the day after the run. Grades primary to 6 (Ceilidh is in primary which is equivalent to Kindergarten I believe) did the 2.1km run. She was passing some older kids. Zach did very well as well. He had passed some older kids as well. Zach fell a few times since he thinks he can run faster then his legs can go, but he was tough and just got back up and started running again. They didn't want the younger grades getting trampled, so the younger grades started by their grades. Ceilidh and Zach were in the last group to start, so for them to pass the older groups was amazing to me. She didn't want to get too far ahead of her friend. It was very nice to see! The only thing I was disappointed about, was we were told there was no need to bring water since there would be water tables set up. There was one and it was over 3/4 of the way through the race. I'm glad I didn't listen and brang their water bottles. It was a hot day anyway, let alone running in it.
aurora04
aurora04

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down