Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MyPoints made a Rotten Aunt out of me!

+6
agaphmou
thebigscott
bizzeedee
briteasafirefly
edbson
Lori
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

MyPoints made a Rotten Aunt out of me! Empty MyPoints made a Rotten Aunt out of me!

Post by Lori Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:04 pm

I knew this was bound to happen! I gifted a $10 Burger King card that I redeemed at MyPoints to my niece and when she went to use it - you guessed it - it had no value.

Embarassed <--- My niece, when she had her card refused and confiscated

Embarassed <---- My sister, when she had to call me and let me know what happened

Embarassed <--- Me, for obvious reasons!
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

MyPoints made a Rotten Aunt out of me! Empty Re: MyPoints made a Rotten Aunt out of me!

Post by edbson Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:19 pm

I would send them off a NASTY email. I have had 3 cards from them have no value when I tried to use them. They were some of the ones I got during the shitola thing. They DID replacce them, but it took alot of nasty emails.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

MyPoints made a Rotten Aunt out of me! Empty Re: MyPoints made a Rotten Aunt out of me!

Post by Lori Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:26 pm

I sent a friendly email telling them how embarrassed we all were and letting them know which city she tried to redeem the card in. 'Tis the season, I bet they're getting swamped with these types of complaints.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by briteasafirefly Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:00 pm

i guess its bound to happen when they send out lots of cards that some may be missing the value. I would suggest checkin your cards when yo get them in the mail to make sure they have a balance either by calling the 1-800 number on the card or the website if mentioned on the card.

Mypoints seems pretty good with fixing any issues or at least I've always had good customer service with them... remember it better to start off with a friendly and nice email than a nasty email.
briteasafirefly
briteasafirefly
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 625
Honeycomb : the doomed level 6
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:52 pm

oh that is so sad, for your niece, and very frustrating for you... but I'm hoping with emails or phone calls, you'll get it straightened out Sad
bizzeedee
bizzeedee
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:54 pm

Wow! I would be so upset. I hope she had other money on her and didn't have to skip a meal.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:22 pm

would have been rather embarrassing, wouldn't it Karen, especially for a young gal!

We bought Walmart gift cards for 18 great grand nieces & nephews... and DH was so worry about "what if the the clerk he bought them from" didn't activate them.... and wouldn't work when they went to buy a toy or a shirt or whatever... and I just said "whatcha gonna do?" The same with all the GC's we bought and mailed... you just never know and hope they're activated correctly....
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:56 am

How could they be so incompetant??? Especially since it takes 6 WHOLE WEEKS to receive these cards! I'm supposed to be getting an amazon card from them,still waiting.It's not like they're rushing to get the cards to us and they slip up.For God's sake!
agaphmou
agaphmou

Number of posts : 4523
Honeycomb :

Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:24 am

I received my first response:

Thank you for contacting MyPoints Member Services.

We are sorry to hear that you are having difficulties when using your reward. To confirm that your reward is unfunded, please call the number located on the back of your reward and follow the prompts. If your reward is still being read as unfunded please mail the reward to the address below with a brief explanation of the situation (a printout of your original message to us will suffice), your full name, and your email address. Please note that the Fulfillment department will only refund your Points if the reward is in good condition.

Please allow 4-6 weeks for our Fulfillment Department to receive and process your returned reward. At the end of this process, Points will be returned to your account so that you may re-redeem for a fully-funded card.

MyPoints.com, Inc.

P.O. Box 681517

Schaumburg, IL 60168-1384
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:29 am

The question is though,why would they confiscate card? That makes no sense whatsoever

Last edited by agaphmou on Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : type error)
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:24 am

I know, but my sister said something like they said the card had not been activated or registered or something. Maybe it looked like it was stolen or a forgery? They usually give them back so they can be reloaded.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:21 am

IF they took the card, how are you supposed to call or send it back?
I am betting the peson who took it was a bit overzealous. They do sometimes order them to take CC if they are reported stolen, but not a gc....someone on a power trip most likely.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:08 pm

It's also a pain because you don't have the card anymore. It now involves you getting it back from your neice, then getting it to MyPits, then getting it back to your neice. Such a PITA when the idea of giftcards is the simplicity.

I've also had cards not activated properly. In fact, that and the fact that most of them have an expiration date are the main reasons I no longer use / buy / give gift cards if at all possible. Plus if a business declares bankruptcy, they won't honor their cards any more. There are a lot of risks in gift cards if you aren't careful.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kleenaechs Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:27 pm

I a so sorry this happened to you! How sad. Sad for all the reasons you already stated, and sad because you are in for a heck of a time with them. I just fought for 2 months to get 250 points they owed me, and I had complete proof yet it still took 2 months to resolve. I have done that time after time, and stupid me recently completed a new offer that is not showing up (bangs head against wall). I have had nothing but the worst customer service ever from them. I can think of no worse company off the top of my head, as far as customer service goes anyway. I am thinking you are going to have to contact Burger King and lodge a complaint about them taking the card. They have now complicated the entire issue. You now have no proof the card was not activated. Good luck to you.

kleenaechs

Number of posts : 641
Registration date : 2009-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:43 pm

That sucks! I don't see how they can screw up like that when it takes so long for them to fill reward requests. And their reply really puts a lot of the onus on you to even get them to look into the matter further.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:47 pm

You know, I don't think it's that unusual for people to give these cards as gifts. I also don't think it's unusual for the giftee to live far away. They need to check and double check at their end before they mail these cards to us.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:51 pm

If and when I do get my gc from mypoints and I am definitely going to check the balance befor I try to use it.
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:46 pm

Some gift cards have a covered PIN number that you have to scratch off to check the balance. That's ok if I'm keeping it, but I just hate to do that when I'm using it as part of a gift. It makes the card look "used" no matter how careful you are.

However, I will be checking balances from now on, too!
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by idatater46 Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:02 pm

sAME THING HAPPENED HERE AT bURGER kING- ONLY THEY JUST WOULDN'T ACCEPT IT- SO i THOUGHT OK, IF i SAY i HAVE NO MONEY THEY WILL HAVE TO TAKE IT. nOPE, BUT DID GET THE ORDER FOR FREE- NOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?
idatater46
idatater46

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:22 pm

idatater46 wrote:sAME THING HAPPENED HERE AT bURGER kING- ONLY THEY JUST WOULDN'T ACCEPT IT- SO i THOUGHT OK, IF i SAY i HAVE NO MONEY THEY WILL HAVE TO TAKE IT. nOPE, BUT DID GET THE ORDER FOR FREE- NOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?

Yes, perfect sense!

MyPoints made a Rotten Aunt out of me! 88315
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:45 pm

idatater46 wrote:sAME THING HAPPENED HERE AT bURGER kING- ONLY THEY JUST WOULDN'T ACCEPT IT- SO i THOUGHT OK, IF i SAY i HAVE NO MONEY THEY WILL HAVE TO TAKE IT. nOPE, BUT DID GET THE ORDER FOR FREE- NOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?

HUH ? that's strange.. but good, I guess ???
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:14 am

Got another response from them:

Dear Lori,
Thank you for contacting MyPoints Member Services.

We apologize for the inconvenience.But we cannot issue another reward unless you return the $10 Burger King Gift Card.

Please allow 4-6 weeks for our Fulfillment Department to receive and process your returned reward. At the end of this process, Points will be returned to your account so that you may re-redeem for a fully-funded card.

MyPoints.com, Inc.

P.O. Box 681517

Schaumburg, IL 60168-1384

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your continued
patience.

Sincerely,

Danny T
MyPoints Member Services

My response:

This issue is not my fault. This is a problem that occurred at your
end and it falls on you to correct it and make things right.

Am I to travel to try to retrieve a card that was presented
to Burger King almost a month ago in the off chance that the card is
still sitting there isolated from all the other zero-balance gift
cards that have been redeemed?

The only way to rectify this is for you to send another $10 Burger
King card - one that actually has a value, this time, please. This has
caused a lot of embarrassment, and you continue to embarrass yourself
by presenting me with impossible demands.

Please remember that I was the victim here, not MyPoints, not Burger
King. If the card is replaced, nobody has lost anything! This isn't a
lost card, this is a card that was sent to me with the understanding
that it had a $10 value.

Again, I am not calling this issue closed and I will not be paying
travel costs to try to locate a zero-value card. I will also not be
embarrassing my niece further by asking her to do that!

I will provide my information again so you can make this right.

I think Erin called this one. It'll get increasingly ugly and then I may or may not be reimbursed for the card in the end.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by kleenaechs Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:50 am

I know this is Mypoints fault to begin with, but Burger King made it worse. I can't exactly blame MyPoints for asking for proof by providing the card back. I doubt you will ever get anywhere with them if you don't provide some proof. I would suggest you call that Burger King and explain how they made a bad situation impossible to make right due to their actions. Perhaps they could provide a letter for you to send to MP. Either that, or Burger King can provide you a new gift card. Getting upset with Burger King will likely get you further than getting upset with MP.

kleenaechs

Number of posts : 641
Registration date : 2009-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:05 am

This is probably true. I was only hoping to wear them down with time.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:36 am

All I can say is, what a bunch of jackasses. I wonder if they know that this is posted on a public board for the whole world to read? If they do, I wonder if they care?
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next